Cat Novice asks . . .

Old October 10th 04, 01:02 AM
Kreisleriana

Default Cat Novice asks . . .

A friend of mine, a comparative cat novice, is caring for two kitties
in their slaves' absence. He called and asked me, "What is this
head-bumping thing they do? They have food and water in their bowls,
and I cleaned their box. So what do they want?"

I had to giggle, and was happy to reassure him. "They want your
attention, James. They're saying hello to you. It's friendly
behavior."

He said "They're friendly???!"

I said, "You're getting headbutts?"

He said, "Yeah, headbutts."

I said, "That's friendly, pal. Pet them."

He said (I swear) "I didn't know cats were *friendly*! That's kinda
neat!"

He said "where should I pet them?"

I said. "Well, they're bumping their heads on you, so start there.
Scratch them gently between the ears. They'll pretty much show tyou
where they like to be petted."

He said (I swear) "Wow-- is that PURRING?"

He (presumably) put the receiver up to one of the kitties, and indeed
I heard the vibes. I said "Congratulations, pal."

Oooh, just wait. I'm expecting another new catslave to emerge from
this experience.

Theresa
Old October 10th 04, 01:16 AM
Christina Websell

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

[...]

Sometimes otherwise "normal" people have no cat experience. This was me
once.
Now look where I am ;-) Sniffing catnip mousies and clearing up body pieces
brought in overnight to name but a few things I never did before. There was
something nasty on the kitchen rug this morning, sort of a little heart and
green thing attached.
I guess BF caught whatever he chased in and out.

If you'd asked me five years ago if I would ever be doing these things,
including finding nicer and nicer (and more expensive) things for the cats
to eat, when what they have is perfectly good but refused, I'd have said you
were mad.

Now it's me that's mad.

Tweed

Old October 10th 04, 04:58 AM
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:
snip newbie questions

Oooh, just wait. I'm expecting another new catslave to emerge from
this experience.

LOL! How sweet! I wouldn't be surprised if he asked you next where he
can get one of those purr machines. Tell him to get two. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki