Nasty smell from cat

Old January 10th 10, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley[_3_]

Default Nasty smell from cat

On Jan 10, 11:05*am, "cybercat" wrote:

This is funny.

She seemed very proud of getting it, Behold the mighty huntress with
her captured prey!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old January 10th 10, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
tanadashoes

Lesley wrote:
On Jan 10, 11:05 am, "cybercat" wrote:

This is funny.

She seemed very proud of getting it, Behold the mighty huntress with
her captured prey!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

And I thought Guido, the brave olive hunter, was funny.

Pam S. laughing
Old January 16th 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Green[_3_]

"Bill Graham" wrote in message

"Kelly Green" wrote in message
. com...
Us humans are also eating way too many foods that spike our blood
glucose.
Look at the rate of obesity and diabetes in the US population. Our pets
are
following in our footsteps.

Although I frequently try, I cannot get my cats to eat anything that is
not meat.Sometimes Meggie will nibble at a piece of cake or doughnut, but
she seldom eats more that a fraction of an ounce of it, and the rest of
them won't even do that......They are hopelessly hooked on meat.

One of mine, adopted at around 9 months of age, was addicted to dry kibble.
Any kibble with canned food on it was ignored. It took over a month to
switch her to canned and raw. I still add a small amount of Wellness or
SolidGold but it's not really needed. When it's gone I'm not replacing it.
The younger one, barely 6 weeks old when we adopted them (together) ate
anything we put in her food bowl. :-) The older one would look at the
little one happily munching away on a raw chicken liver, some canned food, a
Wellness kibble or two, maybe a slice of raw beef..... and one day as we
watched her watch the baby, she reached over and started to nibble on the
baby's food. A BREAKTHROUGH!!! :-))) Since then she's enjoyed her meals of
ever increasing canned and raw meat over Wellness or SolidGold. She's no
longer addicted to dry Purina.

Old January 17th 10, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

[...]

I think it is very difficult to break the habits that a cat learns when it
is a kitten. It is programmed by millions of years of evolution to do what
it's mother teaches it for the rest of it's life. Our feral cat avoided us
for years. It would eat our food, sleep inside our house even, but let us
touch it? - No way!! Even to this day, it stiffens up when we pick it up,
and it routinely sleeps on our chest all night.

Old January 21st 10, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

"Kelly Green" wrote in message
. com...

"Bill Graham" wrote in message

"Kelly Green" wrote in message

..... and one day as we
watched her watch the baby, she reached over and started to nibble on
the baby's food. A BREAKTHROUGH!!! :-))) Since then she's enjoyed her
meals of ever increasing canned and raw meat over Wellness or SolidGold.
She's no longer addicted to dry Purina.

I think it is very difficult to break the habits that a cat learns when
it is a kitten. It is programmed by millions of years of evolution to do
what it's mother teaches it for the rest of it's life. Our feral cat
avoided us for years. It would eat our food, sleep inside our house even,
but let us touch it? - No way!! Even to this day, it stiffens up when we
pick it up, and it routinely sleeps on our chest all night.

This is so very true. I got these girls young enough to make the change
without too much hassle to us both. The older one didn't seem to know
what wet food was. Unfortunately she loves milk but gets the gassy-runs
from it (lactose intolerance) so I give her cottage cheese a few times a
week. Another treat they both go crazy for is canned mackerel and
sardines. I read cats evolved in desert areas yet every cat I had since
childhood loved fish and fishy canned foods. There was no fishing in the
desert.

Do you remember "Puss In Boots" fishy cat food? You could see the tiny
fish bones in it. That was the brand my mother bought for the cats when I
was a kid in the 1950s. She also gave them condensed milk.

Only my two males like milk. The feral one, (who probably learned to eat it
from garbage) and B-K, who learned to drink it in the Burger King parking
lot. B-K, would drink a glass of milk when I got him home, by sticking his
paw down in the glass, and then licking the milk from it after he took it
back out......Most cats will just knock over the glass and lap up what they
can before it all soaks into the ground. B-K can drink a whole glass of milk
without wasting a drop! I haven't tried giving them evaporated milk.....They
might like that. I suspect that's what you meant by "condensed" milk.
Condensed milk has way too much sugar in it for any of my cats.

Im uff da nasty medz :) Kyla =^..^= Cat community 10 February 26th 08 12:34 AM
WOO HOO! Mosey's off The Nasty Stuff Kyla =^..^= Cat anecdotes 6 February 24th 08 09:23 PM
Nasty Weather! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 3 February 26th 07 01:49 AM
a nasty taste John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 5 February 19th 05 07:56 PM
Nasty. nasty, agressive sprinklermonsters Amelia T Cat Cat community 4 October 4th 03 07:00 PM