HOW TO FATTEN A CAT UP(AS OPPOSED TO REDUCING ONE'S WEIGHT)

Old December 28th 06, 12:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
addicted

Default I heard bookie doesn't have a soul!

cybercat wrote:

Yes, I know I am a pain in the ass. Happy Christmas! Now you know
you are too!

hahahahaha!

bookie is a tidy little woman who hides her age well
she can probably put on a cap and pass as a bloke (if she wanted to)
she is attracted to males, but would settle for a clean woman

that's not a put down, many ladies would settle for a clean woman
oppossed to a harried "emotional dead-beat" male

Old December 28th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Default How To Fatten a Cat Up

cybercat wrote:
wrote
shrug The occasional typo or spelling error doesn't bother me. It's
the failure to capitalize, or punctuate, deliberately throughout a post
that make it difficult to read. I'm not telling you how to post, I
really don't care. You may have some very interesting things to say.
Why screw it up with your presentation? Particularly since you seem to
*know* how to write. You just don't want to. Cripes. It doesn't take
that much effort to punch a caps key.

Nicely said.

do you know what time of the morning it is over here when most of us
plucky brits tend to be conversing with you yanks? usually about 3 or
4am, so my ability to self regulate my typing has long since departed,
especially since i am only up and out of bed in order to deal with a
small cat who seesm to want to play 'attack the toes' or chase or
whatever at that time.

christs sake, give us a break

Old December 28th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Default HOW TO FATTEN A CAT UP(AS OPPOSED TO REDUCING ONE'S WEIGHT)

I realize I am being a pain in the ass, but sheelagh, could you please quit
the all-caps thing you do from time to time? I would like to take you out of
my killfile

Is caps locking in capital letters?
If so you can put that knife away right now!
S)

Old December 28th 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

addicted wrote:
cybercat wrote:

Also: what part of "I know I am being a pain in the ass"
don't you understand, bigbad?

Can you help it when something gets on your nerves?

(I can answer that for you if you want.)

you replied to bookie dear
maybe sheelagh read it though

I read it!
I am just going through the mail nowq, whilst I wait for someone who is
coming to see the Moggies.
She has never had one before,So I want to see her interact with them
before I agree to let her have one...I have high hopes with this lady.
S.
Ps.I fon't intend to be a pain in the ass,lol

Old December 28th 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

addicted wrote:
cybercat wrote:

Also: what part of "I know I am being a pain in the ass"
don't you understand, bigbad?

Can you help it when something gets on your nerves?

(I can answer that for you if you want.)

you replied to bookie dear
maybe sheelagh read it though

I read it!
I am just going through the mail nowq, whilst I wait for someone who is
coming to see the Moggies.
She has never had one before,So I want to see her interact with them
before I agree to let her have one...I have high hopes with this lady.
S.
Ps.I don't intend to be a pain in the ass,lol

Old December 28th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Same here. Ironically, it is also difficult to read messages that lack at
least a modicum of correct capitalization -- for example, messages where "i"
is consistently used instead of "I."

MaryL

I agree. Any post without capitalization, or punctuation, take effort
to read for content. Unless it's a poster I'm familiar with, I do tend
to skip over them entirely. I figure anyone who doesn't bother, or
doesn't *know* how to construct a sentence probably isn't saying
anyting worth reading. Wrong assumption, probably; but it *is*
inconsiderate of the reader, IMO.

Sherry

and anyone who can't spell 'anything' should have been strangled at
birth eh?

jesus ladies, will you lot just unclench your buttocks and let the
collective rod fall out? I could spend all day ripping apart the
spelling and grammar of other people's postings but I don't because (a)
none of us are perfect are we? and (b) some of us are more concerned
with reading the actual content of a posting and the important
information it is supposed to be conveying to us so I see no point it
being so petty.

the amount of crap grammar and punctuation I see here would normally be
enough to make me weep if i saw it in one of my pupils books, but when
i come on here I am off-duty so to speak and so I let the
idiosyncracies of other people's typing (or lack of typing in my case)
flow over me. There really are more importnat things to worry about
aren't there?

by the way, small question; how is it 'inconsiderate of the reader' if
someone writing a posting does not know how to construct a proper
sentence? if you read the above that is exactly what you put, so please
explain what you mean.

Right,It would appear that I have spent far too much time off line ,as
I don't appear to be keeping up with my critic's here.
I would like to apologise about the spelling,caps locking,grammar,and
punctuation too.I'm afraid I don't know what Idosycracies are,so I
can't comment on them.

I agree. Any post without capitalization, or punctuation, take effort
to read for content. Unless it's a poster I'm familiar with, I do tend
to skip over them entirely. I figure anyone who doesn't bother, or
doesn't *know* how to construct a sentence probably isn't saying
anyting worth reading. Wrong assumption, probably; but it *is*
inconsiderate of the reader, IMO.

I also apolgies to you too.
I had better explain the circumstances,then you might appreciate why my
typing is so terrible,not to mention my spelling and all the rest of
the mistakes that I seem to make that **** everyone off.
I taught myself to write and read alongside my children.I was brought
up in Africa in the bowels of a small coutry called Sierra Leone,where
my parent's worked for a mining company.Unfortunately,my parent's
didn't see the nessecity of teaching me to read & write as they didn't
forsee the benenfit's of taking the trouble to.All you see here is
what my own children have taught me.
I used to feel ashamed of the fact,& even went to the extent of
pretending that I could,but now that I am an old grumpy mummy,I see no
point In carrying on this pretense any further.
I would say that I have been reading & writing for some 2years now &It
has opened up an entirely new world to me.Doing things such as writiing
on here would have been a closed book a few short years ago.Being
illiterate Is a terrible handicap & I wouldn't wish it on anyone.As you
can see by your own comment's,people take it for granted that everyone
does know better -but they don't.Being illiterate doesn't mean that you
are stupid or unintelligent-It means that you are Ignorant!And how do I
know this?I looked it up in the dictionary,because I am able to now.
I also am very sorry that I might not be very good at grammer &
punctuation either.To this very day I continue to learn new things on a
daily basis.Take this posting for instance.I have been using a keyboard
for around 6months now,and this is only possible because of my children
teaching me that It doesn't matter how old you are, there are no rules
that bind a person on how old they have to be before learning a new
skill.
When I was much younger, I was too embarresed to admit that I couldn't
read or write.Everyone know's how to read & write,Don't they?
No! We just assume they do,right?This is not a critical comment,but It
might serve you well in the future not to assume that everyone know's
what you do.You have no idea how many times I have to sit here and look
up what some of the words mean that you post here,but you don't see me
moaning that I don't understand what they mean,or the context or the
phrasiology either...not to mention the abbreviations that you use!
I take your comments to heart though & I will strive in the future to
try and not make the same mistake's and to try harder with the
paragraphs too.

Unless it's a poster I'm familiar with, I do tend
to skip over them entirely. I figure anyone who doesn't bother, or
doesn't *know* how to construct a sentence probably isn't saying
anyting worth reading

But I also took note of your foot note too.

Wrong assumption, probably; but it *is*
inconsiderate of the reader, IMO.

I will try not to be too long winded in the future & keep my comments
to a minimum.I guess when you learn a new skill, you tend to be proud
of it & overuse it?

And as a footnote,Good for you Bookie.it must drive you round the bend
having to try & not notice others mistake's,especially If you have to
do It every day.It must be difficult?
S.)Be Happy!

Old December 28th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

bookie wrote:
cybercat wrote:
[...]

This in point of fact,Is very true indeed.Most of your posting's from
the States are extreemly late @ night over here.We like conversing with
you,which is why we make the effort.
I understand your anoyance at our mistake's, but Is It really that big
a deal to you?

I can certainly tell you that In my case,It Is never done just to get
under your girdle(thong!)
I do however,take your point & will try a lot harder in future.I simply
didn't realise just how much it got up your nose.I was going to say
snout.But then thought about It & realised that you might take offense
to the word.Over hear,It is simply a slang word for nose, but you might
have taken it in It's litteral form & thought I was trying to be
offensive.

We have to think quite a bit before posting actually, in case of that
very reason.If I mean to cause offense, I can assure you that It would
be Incredibally clear....I say this "just in case" I ever do use a word
that you might possibly construe as rude.
S.

Old December 28th 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"bookie" wrote in message
ups.com...

cybercat wrote:
[...]

Bookie, that really doesn't make any sense. You can respond at any hour of
the day you wish! If you look at the timestamps on my mail, you will see
that I am sometimes up in the middle of the night and sometimes (like now) I
am posting at a more reasonable hour. But I certainly don't stay glued to
the computer monitor so I can respond precisely when a message is posted.
Likewise, I hope you don't *really* think you have to gear your responses to
the clock of another time zone. Yes, I noticed what you said about being up
early to deal with your cat, but you also said that "most" of you are
conversing at 3 or 4 a.m.

Your messages look the same to me regardless of the time they were posted.
We are not asking posters to get out their old English grammar manuals
before sending off a message; just consider your audience and take a
*little* care. I don't want to drag this on forever, especially since this
NG is about cats, but I think you are missing the point -- messages that
ignore all standards of grammar and punctuation are simply *difficult to
read* and will often be ignored. That is the opposite of what someone
posting probably wants.

MaryL

Old December 28th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"sheelagh" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

This is actually very well written message and a good explanation of a
problem many people face (and many others are unaware of). My difficulty is
with those who *do* know how to write well but who simply will not be
bothered to perform simple tasks such as using the shift key to capitalize
"I." This is something that I have noticed with computer usage in general.
Oddly, I did not see so much of it when we used typewriters. I have
students who hand in well-written papers (including exams written in class)
but who send completely illiterate-sounding emails when they correspond that
way. It's almost as if some people develop dual personalities, one for the
computer world and one for the rest of the world.

MaryL