Is it just me....

Old April 16th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Is it just me....

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Cheryl Perkins" wrote in message
Helen Miles wrote:
Is it just me, or do cats have cheesy smelling feet? ;o)

Lily has developed a habit of shoving her feet in my face when she's
sprawled beside me, and they are usually a tad wiffy! ;o)

It depends on what they have been walking in or on, I think. Mine don't
normally have smelly paws, but there are times after a rather
productive
visit to the litter box when the whole animal has a distinct aroma.

So a bit like humans after the morning visit to the bathroom following
consumption of a particualrly spicy curry the night before.

Is that too much information???

Cheers, helen s ;-)

TMI. But I do love a good Curry.

So do I. I live near the curry capital of the UK, and I have recipes
which I'm happy to share if any of you can get Indian spices.

Tweed

I can always get one of the co-workers to stock me up. So email away.

Old April 16th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Miles wrote:
Is it just me, or do cats have cheesy smelling feet? ;o)

Lily has developed a habit of shoving her feet in my face when she's
sprawled beside me, and they are usually a tad wiffy! ;o)

Helen M

I seem to remember that both Laku and Nico have a slight whiff of
"Fromage de Pied" (foot cheese) in their feet. But I also seem to
remember that the feet are among the few places cats and dogs sweat as
well as that they have some kind of scent glands there.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old April 16th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I think that to be honest, the little git sticks her feet in *nasty
stuff* quite deliberately before shoving them in my face. ;o) I'm sure
she finds it funny. ;o)

Helen M

Old April 16th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Miles wrote:
[...]

Kofta Curry

1lb lean minced meat
half teaspoon (tsp) ginger paste (or use 1 tsp ground ginger)
1 crushed garlic clove
1 egg
1 tsp garam masala
half tsp chilli powder

For sauce:
1 onion, finely chopped
1 and a half ounce ghee or 2-3 tablespoons of oil
(if you don't know what ghee is, just ask and I'll tell you how to make it,
it's expensive to buy but easy to make)
6 small cardamoms
1 inch cinnamon stick
6 cloves
1 bay leaf
1 crushed garlic clove
1 tsp ginger paste ( or use dried again)
1 tsp ground cumin
half tsp chilli powder
quarter tsp tumeric powder ( you can leave this out if you haven't got any,
it's not essential)
2 tsp ground coriande4r
Salt to taste (I don't use any)
quarter pint plain natural yogurt
1 English pint water

Mix mince with ginger, garlic and egg. Add garam masala and chilli powder.
Mix well and make 16-20 even sized balls. Keep in a cool place.

Sauce
Fry onion in ghee (or oil) for 4 minutes until light golden brown. Add
cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and bayleaf.
Add garlic and ginger and fry for another minute. Sprinkle with cumin,
chilli, turmeric and coriander. Stir well and add yogurt or tomato puree.
If yogurt is used, fry the spices until yogurt is dry and oil separates (5-7
mins)
Add water, cover and bring to boil. Add salt if wanted.
Slide mince balls one at a time into the saucepan. Shake the saucepan to
settle the mince balls, do not stir or the mince balls will break. Cover
and simmer for 20 minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves
(cilantro?) and serve with rice or chapatis.

It's YUMMY.

Tweed

Old April 16th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Miles wrote:
[...]

Sorry, folks, I have no idea why my post appeared 4 times. I only sent it
once.
Ah well, these things happen on Usenet sometimes. You have to laugh.

Tweed

Old April 17th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

Helen Miles wrote:
[...]

Damn, I thought I was getting four recipes.

Thanks.

Old April 17th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

So a bit like humans after the morning visit to the bathroom following
consumption of a particualrly spicy curry the night before.

Is that too much information???

Cheers, helen s ;-)

TMI. But I do love a good Curry.

So do I. I live near the curry capital of the UK, and I have recipes which
I'm happy to share if any of you can get Indian spices.

Pass them on! I can get the Indian spices and I LOVE a good curry!

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita, who does NOT share my love of curry.