Bosley Can TALK!

Old April 17th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Bosley Can TALK!

No kidding. Except no one else was around to hear it except me.
Now I know what that sounds like :-)

DH was leaving for work at 5 a.m. Bosley darted out the door. Can't
figure that out either, because Bosley *hates* the outdoors. DH said he
wasn't going to play "chase me" and be late for work, so he left him
out on his own.

Boz must have figured out quick he made a bad mistake, because he came
around to the bedroom window, which was open. I thought I was dreaming
that Bosley was at the window saying "Hello? Hello? Hello?". And then I
woke up, and darn if he really *was* there. What it really was, was a
frantic meow/yowl to get back inside. But it sounded exactly like
"Hello?"
He can't say the "H" sound real well, it was more like "Aaahhh-oooo?"
"AAAA--oooo"??

We're going to have to re-create this some time, just so DH will
believe me. It was the funniest thing, and I have never heard him do it
before.

Sherry

Old April 17th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

oh my god, that must have been hilarious. Glad to hear that he managed to
convery his wishes to be let in! Wish you could have recorded it.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
ups.com...

Old April 17th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Oh man!! Too bad you didn't have a camera near by with the little video
option. Poor guy. They are clever though. Pearl puts her paw on my mouth if
she is *desparate* for a treat. I mean, that's like talking!!

ups.com...

Old April 17th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 17 Apr 2006 06:59:18 -0700, wrote:

[...]

My daughter had a cat that could talk about 25 years ago. Daughter
broke her ankle and was hospitalized for surgery on it. We had 3 cat
hating d*gs so couldn't take Snowball. Younger daughter said she
would cat sit, but couldn't go get the cat. I volunteered to take the
cat from New Carlisle, Ohio to Dayton, Ohio. All the way to Dayton
Snowball yelled, "LEMMMMEEEEE OUUUUUUUUUT!"

Purrs and Hugs,

Nan and the furkids

A wise man talks because he has something to say;
a fool talks because he has to say something.
Old April 17th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
ups.com...
No kidding. Except no one else was around to hear it except me.
Now I know what that sounds like :-)

Everyone's been so damn nice to you all day, it's been killing me!

Your cat is not talking to you Sherry, so take your Meds.

Now. Can we get a good Asparagus recipe Jill, I've got a new found love for
the stuff.

Old April 18th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Smart kitty! )

I have known three kitties who could approximate some simple English
words. One was Pepper, the mother of my first cat, Misty. She belonged to
friends of mine, and she would greet you with "Hiiii" when you first came
in the house and said "Hi, Pepper". But she would only do this ONCE per
visit. Once she'd greeted you, she didn't need to greet you again until
the NEXT time you visited the house. )

The other two cats who knew how to pronounce words were kittens of
Pepper's: Misty, my first cat, and her brother/littermate Pekoe. Misty
knew just when to say "Nooooo" when she wanted to register protest of
something. My parents and my grandfather were witnesses to this, too, so I
know I'm not imagining it.

Pekoe could not only say "No", he uttered "Mom" when he was referring to
my friends' mother.

But if Bosley's figured out how to approximate the pronunciation of a
two-syllable word, he's doing pretty darn well. )

Donna, and the cats who don't use words (yet), but boy can they ever purr,
Captain and Stanley