Couple of odd questions

Old April 18th 06, 11:44 PM posted to alt.religion.wicca.moderated,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Couple of odd questions

Please note the crossposting to both RPCA and ARWM.

"ChrisB" wrote in message
Does anyone have experience with ghosts of cats? We have had one for
several years. It seems recently that our first has been joined by a
second. They have been dubbed Seven and Thirteen.

Ghost cats are quite common in the company I keep. Sometimes they are ghosts
of cats that were much loved in their mortal lifetime by people who see
them, sometimes they occupy the dwelling, and sometimes they just pick you
up just like mortal stray cats.

Our cat group has a theory: cats are like icebergs in that there is only a
small proportion of the whole that actually 'shows through' in our own three
(four?) mundane dimensions. Cats can go in and out of other dimensions
mostly at will - which both explains how they seem to get through shut
doors, how they can vanish for hours on end (despite a mammoth search) only
to appear contently asleep in front of the heater, and why they seem to be
particularly attracted to magical workings (whether the mere humans know
they are doing magical workings or not).

From various stories and my own personal experience, you'll most likely see

the ghost cats out of the corner of your eye, and when you do magical
workings.. However, if you have any mortal cats around, they'll interact
with the ghost cat like any other form of cat.

How to appease ghost cats? If you don't already have a cat, go rescue one
(or more) that would otherwise be put to an early and tragicly wasteful
death and spoil it/them stupid. If you already have a cat or cats, all you
have to do is know your place in life around a Superior Species (ie,
personal cat slave), and your ghost cats will be as content and happy as the
mortal ones around you. Be prepared, however, to have other cats - ghost or
otherwise - turn up to your place demanding that *this* is their rightful
home. Ghost cats seem to put the call out over the ether that there is a
soft touch at your address.

Does anyone have any tips on straightening a piece of oak? I currently
have one end in a vice and the other under a weight. I'm wondering if I
need to run water over it or soak it, how often and how long I should
leave it there before I remove and stain it. In time it will be an oak
staff.

I would imagine you'd have to soak it. But my instinct says that if it came
bent, it should stay bent unless it has given you specific permission to
straighten it. YMMV.

Yowie

Old April 19th 06, 12:50 AM posted to alt.religion.wicca.moderated,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hoping for kittens in August
and now constructing the World's Most Complex KittenGym
I write,
Our cat group has a theory: cats are like icebergs in that there is only a
small proportion of the whole that actually 'shows through' in our own three
(four?) mundane dimensions. Cats can go in and out of other dimensions
mostly at will - which both explains how they seem to get through shut
doors, how they can vanish for hours on end (despite a mammoth search) only
to appear contently asleep in front of the heater, and why they seem to be
particularly attracted to magical workings (whether the mere humans know
they are doing magical workings or not).

This will also explain the Apparent Teleportation Effect whereby a cat
who is on a floor will suddenly appear upon a tabletop without going
through the so-tedious and undignified exertion of the process of
jumping.
..
..
May the Lord and the Lady prosper your ventures.

Old April 19th 06, 01:33 AM posted to alt.religion.wicca.moderated,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"ChrisB" wrote in message
Does anyone have experience with ghosts of cats? We have had one for
several years. It seems recently that our first has been joined by a
second. They have been dubbed Seven and Thirteen.

Yes, a fair bit.

My brother Pat has quite a bit of experience, with two ghost cats. When
our grandmother passed over Pat moved into her house and took over caring
for her dog (Bridget) and her cat (Samantha). A few months after moving
in, shortly after he went to bed he felt a cat jump up on the foot of the
bed. Figuring it was Samantha, Pat called out to her. Samantha replied -
from the living room. When he looked at the foot of the bed he didn't
see anything.

This invisible cat kept visible cat kept visiting Pat regularly for
several years. A few years later Samantha grew ill and crossed the Rainbow
Bridge. The invisible visitor never returned.

It's interesting to note that one time our mom spent the night at Pat's
place, following surgery. She also experienced a visit from the ghost
kitty.

A few months after Samantha's passing, Pat saw Samantha walk into his
bedroom, stroll towards his bed, and disappear. On Halloween, Pat was out
on his front porch handing out candy when he saw Samantha walk out of the
fog, onto the porch, and into the house. Every time he experienced a
visit from a ghost cat, he felt a great feeling of peace and serenity.

I've seen Samantha's shadow at Pat's house.

Old April 19th 06, 05:33 AM posted to alt.religion.wicca.moderated,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:50:13 -0500, Tiliqua
wrote:

[...]

Cinders seems to have the knack of teleporting into closets, but isn't
always successful at teleporting back out again.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old April 19th 06, 05:34 AM posted to alt.religion.wicca.moderated,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Soemthing I wrote to go along with the rainbow bridge poem ( author unknown)
a while ago that I thought needed to be added for all pet lovers

Always remember We will be there even if you can't see us.
We are always Watching and Waiting. That cool puff of air you
feel across your cheek, that fleeting touch, the feeling you have
that I was walking across your bed, that moment you swear you can
hear us, that flicker of movement out of the corner of your eye.
Is just our way of saying I love you and I am with you always even
in the darkest time We Will Always Be There. Till our paws touch again
always know we love you and cherished our special time together

Matthew

news

Old April 19th 06, 07:18 AM posted to alt.religion.wicca.moderated,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

[...]

We've sometimes heard meowing from our linen closet in the mornings and
found our cat, Sam, who somehow materialized inside (though it might
have more to do with him jumping in every time we leave it open long
enough).

Sergeant Tibbs

--

© Typographical errors contained in this document are the sole copyright
of Typo Demons, Inc., or its subsidiary, Error Monkeys LLC. All rights

Old April 19th 06, 10:13 AM posted to alt.religion.wicca.moderated,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"ChrisB" wrote in message
newsxe1g.3738$iF3.2546@dukeread01...

"ChrisB" wrote in message
[...]

From various stories and my own personal experience, you'll most likely
see

[...]

We have cats. Seven has been living with my spouse since before I met him
and he did have cats then. When I met him he had two and had just been
adopted by the second stray. I had two of my own. Hence, the first one
was dubbed Seven. The second was dubbed Thirteen this morning because it
felt right for a ghost cat.

Do the ghost cats living, so to speak, with your friends ever curl up,
purr and emit energy and chill? I was not feeling good this morning,
Seven lay by my left shoulder and purred while Thirteen lay by my right
elbow. The energy was nice and tingly, but after a while I had to grab a
blanket. With mental apologies to the pair, of course.

Don't know about 'energy' as such, but there has certainly been reports of
ghost cats cuddling up to people in bed & purring them better when they felt
ill (indeed, alot of non-ghost cats seem to be very good nurse cats too).
There's even been one person that has reported actually *petting* a ghost
cat quite happily when they were in that semi-somnulant state and the ghost
cat only went away once the person became fully awake and couldn't see the
creature. But they have no doubt that they were petting their much loved
companion that had gone to Rainbow Bridge several years before.

You may start to get a sense of what Seven & Thirteen looked like when they
had mortal bodies (if Seven and Thirteen have a memory of such things, of
course) and their respective personalities. There are ghost cats where I
work, as there is also a large feral cat population. Most of the ghost cats,
like the mortal ones, just skitter away if i get close, but some become
friendly. If I"m working back, I sometimes get a visit from a lovely old
friend, she was white with a few brown tabby patches on her. Unfortunatley,
she was forever pregnant, but always happy to stop for a few scritches for
those who were willing to give them. I haven't seen her mortal form for a
good 15 years, but she's still around in spirit at least, and I'm not the
only one who thinks so.

Yowie

Old April 19th 06, 07:10 PM posted to alt.religion.wicca.moderated,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Does anyone have experience with ghosts of cats? We have had one for
several years. It seems recently that our first has been joined by a
second. They have been dubbed Seven and Thirteen.

I had a ghost cat in a basement apartment in 2001. He didnt' stay
long, just a few visits to check me out, but I certainly creeped out my
landlord's teenage daughter by describing him to her--she knew exactly
who he was, but she hadn't perceived him since his death.

--Fil

Old April 20th 06, 11:26 AM posted to alt.religion.wicca.moderated,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

[...]

One of mine got up into the ceiling and came crashing through. : ) Landlord
just laughed and fixed it (they have cats too). One of our heating vents
doesn't have a cover to it and I just had something covering it. Well my
littlest one Princess managed to get in and the boys heard her meowing in
there room. They opened the heater and pulled her out. That vent now has a
proper cover.

De

Old April 20th 06, 01:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mine wanted to climb under the freezer. I knew there was a fan back
there that could turn on, at any moment. So, that got disallowed.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.