Scottish Fold kitten seems lonely or in heat!

Old July 1st 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

Default Scottish Fold kitten seems lonely or in heat!

On Jun 30, 4:58 pm, Charlie Wilkes
wrote:

Occasionally I am rewarded by a honest response; more often I get the
"irked about Wimbledon" type of lame-ass bull****.

I thought your form was just fine man.

don't sugar coat nothing for no one, let them come up to your level.

Old July 1st 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 17:24:36 -0400, cybercat wrote:

There are much better ways to release anger, even better form, in other
words.

Most responsible adults don't find it necessary to express anger at all,
except under rare and unusual circumstances, so the question of form does
not arise. And nobody who lashes out in anger on a regular basis has to
worry about looking stylish.

Charlie
Old July 1st 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 17:24:36 -0400, cybercat wrote:

There are much better ways to release anger, even better form, in other
words.

Most responsible adults don't find it necessary to express anger at all,

Wow. Is that what you really think?

I am amazed. And I disagree.

except under rare and unusual circumstances, so the question of form does
not arise. And nobody who lashes out in anger on a regular basis has to
worry about looking stylish.

Stylish?

Not only have you missed the point, but you're beginning to sound like an
old woman, too.

Old July 1st 07, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Jun 29, 5:34 pm, Charlie Wilkes
wrote:

now that you have learned the importance of not
allowing your cats to roam the neighborhood unsupervised.

hows she supposed to supervise ringo when he's roaming

and what's with all the pleasantries, these ladies have got the gift
to gab

the longer they go without talking to someone for real, the more they
write on here. plain and simple.

poor mfng bookie

Old July 1st 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Jun 30, 9:27 pm, Charlie Wilkes
wrote:

Most responsible adults don't find it necessary to express anger at all,
except under rare and unusual circumstances, so the question of form does
not arise. And nobody who lashes out in anger on a regular basis has to
worry about looking stylish.

first of all, she's accusing you of being angry, which I didn't see.
so there you are discussing anger, and that's not even what I saw.

in fact, the topic of discussion was left off to deal with an
assumption.

if you was miffed when you posted, so what!

it's not like you called anyone a string of filthy names
or.. EVEN acted like an idiot.

You're a gentleman for the largest part, then there's the occassional
comical relief

anyway

Old July 1st 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

ups.com...
wrote:

Most responsible adults don't find it necessary to express anger at all,
except under rare and unusual circumstances, so the question of form does
not arise. And nobody who lashes out in anger on a regular basis has to
worry about looking stylish.

first of all, she's accusing you of being angry, which I didn't see.

No I wasn't.

so there you are discussing anger, and that's not even what I saw.

in fact, the topic of discussion was left off to deal with an
assumption.

if you was miffed when you posted, so what!

it's not like you called anyone a string of filthy names
or.. EVEN acted like an idiot.

You're a gentleman for the largest part, then there's the occassional
comical relief

anyway

You're an idiot with lousy reading comprehension. Among other things.

Old July 1st 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 22:18:19 -0400, cybercat wrote:

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 17:24:36 -0400, cybercat wrote:

There are much better ways to release anger, even better form, in
other words.

Most responsible adults don't find it necessary to express anger at
all,

Wow. Is that what you really think?

It's what I have observed. I don't find it necessary to fly off the
handle or "release my anger," and I don't see people around me flying off
the handle. I live in a small community, and I know who the hotheads
are, the people who are prone to freak out about trivial issues or when
someone disagrees with them, and I also know those people have a lot of
problems and aren't really respected by anyone. Is it different in your
world?

I am amazed. And I disagree.

except under rare and unusual circumstances, so the question of form
does not arise. And nobody who lashes out in anger on a regular basis
has to worry about looking stylish.

Stylish?

Not only have you missed the point, but you're beginning to sound like
an old woman, too.

How so?

Charlie
Old July 1st 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

wrote:

now that you have learned the importance of not allowing your cats to
roam the neighborhood unsupervised.

hows she supposed to supervise ringo when he's roaming

Sheelagh has built a wire enclosure in her back yard, so the cats can go
outside but can't leave the premises.

and what's with all the pleasantries, these ladies have got the gift to
gab

the longer they go without talking to someone for real, the more they
write on here. plain and simple.

poor mfng bookie

She doesn't like it when I point out the obvious.

Charlie
Old July 1st 07, 04:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Jun 30, 10:59 pm, Charlie Wilkes
wrote:

She doesn't like it when I point out the obvious.

Charlie

I just read another post by you, on anger, I totally agree.
it's a good and fair observation on human behavior

Yeah, I got bookies number too.

believe it or not, she's just misery cause she's so damn poor
that is more important to her than relationship, security.
next is relationship. after security.

Old July 1st 07, 07:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote
Most responsible adults don't find it necessary to express anger at
all,

Wow. Is that what you really think?

It's what I have observed.

This just boggles my mind. Taking you literally: you say that
"Most responsible adults don't find it necessary to express anger at
all."

Let's look at that. "Responsible adults don't find it necessary to
express anger at all."

So they are feeling it, but they are not expressing it?

Or they are not feeling it?

I would have to assume that anyone who is not anesthetized most of the
time by legal or illegal drugs who has a working brain and uses it probably
feels anger about many things, including but not limited to what people do
to one another, to children, to animals. For US citizens, the war in Iraq
might inspire anger for many reasons, for both left and right wings and
the guys in the middle. Just the tip of the iceberg. RESPONSIBLE
ADULTS FEEL, as well as think. Anger is a perfectly reasonable
response to many events in this life. At least for anyone with any kind
of conscience, who is not stoned or drunk or escaping via another
route all the time.

When you feel it, if you don't express it, where does it go?

Anger is energy. It's emotion made physical. It's goooood for depressive
types because it gets them moving. (Per a therapist friend.)

Anger is equivalent to love, desire, joy, and other excited emotional
states. If you are not feeling it on a daily basis you are doing something
wrong.

I don't find it necessary to fly off the
handle or "release my anger," and I don't see people around me flying off
the handle.

Why are you equating "releasing your anger" to flying off the handle?
Anger, like joy and sadness and other emotions, moves one to express,
but not necessarily to rage or scream or do violence. It is energy. It's
emotion. You can channel it.

I live in a small community, and I know who the hotheads
are, the people who are prone to freak out about trivial issues or when
someone disagrees with them, and I also know those people have a lot of
problems and aren't really respected by anyone.

Charlie, with all due respect, I think that small community may be too
small. Expressing anger is not equivalent to "freaking out" or being a
"hothead." And being a reasonable, intelligent man does not mean that
you program yourself not to feel. That's just crazy. A waste of intellect,
a waste of heart, and a waste of humanness.

Is it different in your
world?

You bet. I express my anger on a daily basis without ever raising my voice,
engaging in physical violence, or intentionally inflicting harm on anyone. I
write,
I speak, I joke, I discuss, hell, sometimes I sing and dance and howl at the
****ing moon. It's great. If something or someone is wrong and does not give
a flying ****, if someone blatantly abuses their power or callously ignores
the
needs of those around them who depend upon them, that is cause for
justifiable
anger, and that anger should be expressed. Apathy kills, and the one it
kills first
is you, after it hurts the hell out of everyone around you.

In my world, anger is something felt in the face of injustice, not something
felt
because one is a sorryass lazy loser who will not get off his ass or face
his
problems so his electricity gets turned off and etc. Anger is something felt
in the face of things like meaningless, gratuitous violence. Abuse. Anger
moves
one in very good ways, if one is a decent person.

I am amazed. And I disagree.

except under rare and unusual circumstances, so the question of form
does not arise. And nobody who lashes out in anger on a regular basis
has to worry about looking stylish.

Stylish?

Not only have you missed the point, but you're beginning to sound like
an old woman, too.

How so?

I think I have expressed how you completely missed my point. If not, let me
know and I will try again.

As for you sounding like an old woman, my God, Charlie, if you look at this
world and don't feel anger, what the hell are you feeling? Anything?
Anything
at all? "Like an old woman" for me means behaving as though anything that
makes waves or might attract attention or go against the grain of the norm
or the authority is something to be avoided. Something embarrassing.

Feelings as farts, so to speak.

And you feel qualified to make statements from your very limited reality
about what "responsible adults" do.

?? What is a "responsible adult," Charlie?

Someone who never feels anger, or never expresses it?

It's a very warped view in my opinion.

For me, responsible adults feel many things and act upon them. That
is part of the responsiblity of being fully human.

It would be irresponsible not to.

And perfectly sick and sickening to live as though the less felt the better,
or at least the less emotion expressed the better, or at least the less
"negative emotion" like anger expressed the better.

Take your pulse, Charlie.

I am worried about you.