Purrs for an upset tummy

Old October 16th 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
moonglow minnow

Default Purrs for an upset tummy

I haven't had the time or courage to say much around here, but I have a
request for Itachi.
Our darling little weasel-cat has been peeing all over the place,
including right outside the litterbox, on momdad's clothes, and on the
bath mats. So, off to the vet (thank goodness he likes it there) went
our 'Tachi to get a urine sample and some spoiling from the techs. The
good news is that his liver function is good and there's no sugar in the
urine. The bad news is that he has a nasty bladder infection with
crystals and needs to take 3 medications a day for a while. I did figure
out how to get the meds in his tummy without him objecting, however,
he's having trouble keeping them down so far. Tummy settling purrs and
any advice about settling kitty tummies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Maeve ^..^
--
http://volatiledreams.deep-ice.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/minnow/
Old October 16th 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Hi, are you giving more than one med at a time? With my Piglet when she
needs more than one pill, I have to give an hour apart or she just gives
them bck and in not so an appreciative state. Purrs and prayers for the
little one.

Old October 16th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:13:27 -0500, moonglow minnow
wrote:

[...]

calming tummy purrs on the way, along with purrs for the meds to fix
things up soon
Old October 16th 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

moonglow minnow wrote:
[...]

Purrs on the way.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old October 16th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
moonglow minnow

Granby wrote:
Hi, are you giving more than one med at a time? With my Piglet when she
needs more than one pill, I have to give an hour apart or she just gives
them bck and in not so an appreciative state. Purrs and prayers for the
little one.

I tried giving them all at once mashed into a couple teaspoons of wet
food the first time, but now I'm going to try them split up. I gave him
his cosequin (for inflammation) just a few minutes ago, and I'm really
hoping to not hear hurking. More work this way, especially since Itachi
won't finish his gooshy unless I hold up the plate for him, but if it
keeps his tummy settled it'll be worth it.

Maeve ^..^ fingers crossed

Old October 16th 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

no advice but good luck, when we figured out that it was tiger with the
issue, then we had to figure out how he got the rear end of 16 pounds into
the bowl to pee in it to let us know there was an issue, we were just it was
one of the girls, Lee

Old October 16th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

moonglow minnow wrote:
I haven't had the time or courage to say much around here, but I have a
request for Itachi.

Purrs on the way for little Itachi!
]
Blessed be,
Baha

Old October 17th 07, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

moonglow minnow wrote:
[...]

Purrs on the way or 'Tachi to get better really soon.

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old October 17th 07, 08:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

moonglow minnow wrote:
I haven't had the time or courage to say much around here, but I have a
request for Itachi.
Our darling little weasel-cat has been peeing all over the place,
including right outside the litterbox, on momdad's clothes, and on the
bath mats. So, off to the vet (thank goodness he likes it there) went
our 'Tachi to get a urine sample and some spoiling from the techs. The
good news is that his liver function is good and there's no sugar in the
urine. The bad news is that he has a nasty bladder infection with
crystals and needs to take 3 medications a day for a while. I did figure
out how to get the meds in his tummy without him objecting, however,
he's having trouble keeping them down so far. Tummy settling purrs and
any advice about settling kitty tummies would be greatly appreciated.

Poor baby. Lots of tummy-settling purrs on the way. You might try
yoghurt to settle it. One time I was giving Frank antibiotics, the vet
also gave me this paste with probiotics to keep his tummy from getting
upset. You might ask your vet.

He's throwing up and I'm upset [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 1 April 22nd 07 03:39 PM
Upset kitty Mishi Cat anecdotes 11 January 30th 06 07:37 AM
I'm Upset...What To Do? Arthur Shapiro Cat anecdotes 24 February 16th 05 06:37 AM
I'm so upset Wendy Cat health & behaviour 36 May 28th 04 02:00 PM
Upset cat Mandy Cat health & behaviour 4 January 13th 04 12:49 AM