Survey:how you aquired your cats

Old February 13th 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

Default Survey:how you aquired your cats

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

"Marina" wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:
"Marina" wrote in message

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/13827...58511339QYpDzj

Eeeeeeeek! That pic of little Caliban is a classic! I remember when
you showed it to us, we all shouted at you, "Go get him, GO GET HIM!"

and i did. *smile* i was just telling him today that he's such a little
cutie - he was snuggled on my arm and gazing adoringly into my eyes -
that i will never be able to stop baby-talking to him, though he's a big
boy already. he'll be 3 in april, can you imagine.

Well, yeah, since Dante is 2 and a half. And you'll never stop talking
baby talk to him-- I do it to Stinky all the time.

Molly will always be 'baby girl' and Jake will always be 'baby boy'.

They are both such loves in their own way.

Jo

Old February 13th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

"Marina" wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:
"Marina" wrote in message

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/13827...58511339QYpDzj

Eeeeeeeek! *That pic of little Caliban is a classic! *I remember when
you showed it to us, we all shouted at you, "Go get him, GO GET HIM!"

and i did. *smile* i was just telling him today that he's such a little
cutie - he was snuggled on my arm and gazing adoringly into my eyes -
that i will never be able to stop baby-talking to him, though he's a big
boy already. he'll be 3 in april, can you imagine.

Well, yeah, since Dante is 2 and a half. *And you'll never stop talking
baby talk to him-- I do it to Stinky all the time.

Molly will always be 'baby girl' and Jake will always be 'baby boy'.

They are both such loves in their own way.

Jo- Hide quoted text -

Oh lord, the things I say to Nina! =o)

Her nicknames include
Little Girl
Sweetie Bird (she has a birdy-chirp mew)
Baby Bird
Love Muffin

And others that are just too embarrassing to write on a public forum,
but she's just a little love sponge.

Francesca's nicknames include

Pretty Girl
Piccola Bella Cesca (If I'm feeling remotely dignified.)
Spotty Tum

Melissa
Old February 13th 08, 04:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bill Stock

"Ann" wrote in message
How did your cats come to live with you?

I will leave this post blank so you can fill in the number or the names of
your cats next to the place or way. I will keep track of the responses and
post the results in about a week. It will be interesting to see the
results.

Shelter/rescue group:

Smokey came from the Humane Society

Pet sto

Showed up at your door:

Cleo

You rescued/ trapped them:

Cali showed up at a friends and was taken to the local rescue. Once she
passed her due date, the friend was to take her back, but she was a biter
and we took her. Truth be told is that the friend knew we loved her bitey
self and let us keep her. :-)

From friend or relative :

Breeder :

Your cat had kittens and you kept them:

Other:

Old February 13th 08, 08:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bridget[_2_]

Ann wrote:
How did your cats come to live with you?

I will leave this post blank so you can fill in the number or the names of
your cats next to the place or way. I will keep track of the responses and
post the results in about a week. It will be interesting to see the
results.

Shelter/rescue group:

I got 2 of my cats from the no kill rescue group. One was 12 weeks

when I got him, the other was about 8 months old. The older one had been
there since she was a young kitten as no one wanted her. Boy did they
miss out. She has been the greatest cat.

From friend or relative :

I used to work in the vet school, so I knew a number of vets at the
time. One of them suckered me into my first cat(RB) - he was a special
needs kitty - not quite right in the head from the day I got him. My
second cat was Tony, also given to me by a vet friend. She found him in
the middle of a four-way stop on the way to the airport. Once she
realized he flat, she stopped and picked him up. He was too bouncy and
energetic for her older animals, so she begged me to take him. He is
still energetic and full of it 13.5 years later. But he has been with me
through a lot of stuff and I wouldn't trade him for anything.
Old February 13th 08, 09:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Bridget wrote:

My
second cat was Tony, also given to me by a vet friend. She found him in
the middle of a four-way stop on the way to the airport. Once she
realized he flat, she stopped and picked him up.

OK, I can usually figure out what was meant when I come across a typo,
but this one has me stumped. "Once she realized he flat"? I just can't
imagine what that was supposed to be!

He was too bouncy and
energetic for her older animals, so she begged me to take him. He is
still energetic and full of it 13.5 years later. But he has been with me
through a lot of stuff and I wouldn't trade him for anything.

He's a very impressive and wonderful (and gorgeous, of course) kitty!

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old February 13th 08, 10:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

1 from a friend whos cat had kittens and after mom was killed I took
the runt of the litter aged 3 weeks as he was failing. (HRFL Tiger)

Robbie was deliberately adopted from a rescue group to keep HRFL
company. (They hate each other)

5 were rescues/fosters who never left. (Sir William (RB), Sam (MIA),
Pandora, Cleo and Miss Lily Whiskers)

2 direct rescues - Thomasina my grans cat and Daisy (RB).

1 from a pet shop - Polly (RB) - she was covered in fleas, 5 weeks old
and screaming "get me out of HERE!!" - so I did. )

Helen M

Old February 13th 08, 02:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Wayne Mitchell

"Ann" wrote:

Shelter/rescue group:

2 - Will and Heidi

Other: newspaper ad

2 - Flicka and Zubie, both (RB); could also be counted under "rescue",
since we had to take them at only six weeks of age just to get them out
of that situation. They were flea-ridden, wormy and anemic.
--

Wayne M.
Old February 13th 08, 02:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bridget[_2_]

tanadashoes wrote:
On Feb 11, 4:55 pm, "Ann" wrote:
How did your cats come to live with you?

I will leave this post blank so you can fill in the number or the names of
your cats next to the place or way. I will keep track of the responses and
post the results in about a week. It will be interesting to see the
results.

Shelter/rescue group: Merlin, Sonya, Qui Gun Kit

Pet sto

Showed up at your door: QC

You rescued/ trapped them: Pine Cone, though he also showed up at our van to be rescued

Pshaw! You didn't rescue Pine Cone. That cat walked by your van and
claimed you. You were suckers and didn't stand a chance.

laughing,
Bridget

From friend or relative :Tanada, Huey, Miss Calico Girl

Breeder :

Your cat had kittens and you kept them: Qui Gun Kit as well, as we were fostering his moma for a shelter and we fell in love with her and QGK

Other:

These are pretty bare bones locations. Huey was rescued at Simmons
Army Air Base by the men and women in Rob's unit. Tanada was rescued
from an ex-friend, Merlin was supposed to go into the shelter cages,
but never made it. Someone dumped Miss Calico Girl, Pine Cone, Huey,
and Sonya. I haven't included all the cats that have come to our door
and we found homes for, or the ones that people brought over for help
as I'm the neighborhood crazy cat lady.

I'd be interested in stories about how people got their owners

Pam S.

Old February 13th 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

Shelter/rescue group:

Pet sto

Showed up at your door: Mischief I found drinking out of the swimming pool at the apt complex. Mayhem was crying on the wall outside my window. I fell in love with both of them. I gave Mayhem to my school in hopes one of the RVT students would adopt her, but after a whole semester nobody did, so I succumbed.

You rescued/ trapped them: I adopted Imp from a cat rescue, he was my very first cat.

From friend or relative :