Dr purr requests of my own

Old October 27th 07, 06:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Dr purr requests of my own

Daniel Mahoney wrote:

I can't afford this now. Nancy and I don't have that kind of cash on
hand. We will have in a just a few months, so I'm going to wait til
then. The purrs I am asking for are that I can avoid doing something
dumb and injuring my knee any worse.

Purrs on the way. That is a huge sum. I'm waiting for surgery myself,
but not due to money shortage (the operation will cost me some 20-30
euros total), but because the queue to this kin of operation is very
long. Now the nurses are preparing to strike for higher pay that our
current government promised them during the elections last spring. They
eaten their word, of course. Suddenly there's no money for paying the
nurses more, though they said there would be during the elections. What
a surprise. The consequence for me will be that the operation is
postponed even further. Still, I support the nurses and their right to
strike. They deserve proper pay for their hard and dedicated work.

Old October 27th 07, 06:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs are on the way.

--
Joy

Keep an open mind. Discuss but don't argue. It is a mark of a superior
mind to be able to disagree without being disagreeable. -- Ann
Landers

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
It seems that I've been asking for a lot of purrs lately. Sorry about
that, but I need to ask again.

My family doc referred me to an ortho surgeon for my knee injury. He
believed that I had torn the meniscus cartilage in my knee, and the
surgeon agrees. The surgeon wants me to go in for an MRI to see if there
is any other damage.

I am gainfully employed, in a decent job. I have medical insurance -
medical insurance that is considered by many to be pretty good. But even
with my insurance, the MRI and surgery will cost me over $1500. That is
simply obscene.

I can't afford this now. Nancy and I don't have that kind of cash on
hand. We will have in a just a few months, so I'm going to wait til
then. The purrs I am asking for are that I can avoid doing something
dumb and injuring my knee any worse.

Dan

Old October 27th 07, 08:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 20:01:07 -0500, Daniel Mahoney
wrote:

[...]

You do realize that JUST an MRI runs from $1500 to $2000?

The knee surgery can cost anywhere from $15000 to $50000. Or more, if
there is rehab, etc.

I know it doesn't seem 'right', (and it isn't: health care in the USA
is by far the most obscenely expensive in the world) but you are better
off than a great many people.

My brother has no medical insurance at all, and needs knee surgery very
badly; for about 10 years now.

I have asthma. The three medications I need to control it cost over $500
per month. That's over $6000 per year.

Medical costs in the USA are one of my 'hot button' issues.

I hope that doesn't offend anyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha
Old October 27th 07, 10:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone

Purrs and prayers coming your way

wrote:

[...]

faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot
with loving memories of Rocky (RB)

Old October 27th 07, 10:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
It seems that I've been asking for a lot of purrs lately. Sorry about
that, but I need to ask again.

My family doc referred me to an ortho surgeon for my knee injury. He
believed that I had torn the meniscus cartilage in my knee, and the
surgeon agrees. The surgeon wants me to go in for an MRI to see if
there is any other damage.

I am gainfully employed, in a decent job. I have medical insurance -
medical insurance that is considered by many to be pretty good. But
even with my insurance, the MRI and surgery will cost me over $1500.
That is simply obscene.

I can't afford this now. Nancy and I don't have that kind of cash on
hand. We will have in a just a few months, so I'm going to wait til
then. The purrs I am asking for are that I can avoid doing something
dumb and injuring my knee any worse.

Dan

Lots of purrs on the way. I think it's terrible that you have insurance and
still have to pay so much. :-(
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old October 27th 07, 12:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote

The purrs I am asking for are that I can avoid doing something
dumb and injuring my knee any worse.

Anti-Klutz Purrs en route

Gordon & the FF (Profoundly grateful to live in a country which,
despite many shortcomings, has free medical care).

Old October 27th 07, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
It seems that I've been asking for a lot of purrs lately. Sorry about
that, but I need to ask again.

I can't afford this now. Nancy and I don't have that kind of cash on
hand. We will have in a just a few months, so I'm going to wait til
then. The purrs I am asking for are that I can avoid doing something
dumb and injuring my knee any worse.

Dan

Dan, of course you have purrs coming. Medical costs are outrageous even if
you have insurance! I don't even want to think about it. Just know purrs
are on the way for the best possible outcome for your knee.

Jill

Old October 27th 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 27 Oct, 09:09, "jmcquown" wrote:

Dan, of course you have purrs coming. Medical costs are outrageous even if
you have insurance! I don't even want to think about it. Just know purrs
are on the way for the best possible outcome for your knee.

Adding my purrs- didn't realise that in the US even if you are insured
you have to find some of the cost and quite a large sum as well!

The NHS has its problems but Dave had to spend four and a half months
in hospital and a lot of his friends in the US are stunned that it
didn't bankrupt us

As for the knee, frozen sweetcorn is your friend. (I have a bad knee,
which was diagnosed back in 1985 by a physiotherapist as
chrondomalacia patellae i.e. worn cartilage and I spent many years
avoiding stress on the knee because she told me that if I didn't I
would need it replaced within a few years- I wasn't even 30 at the
time- I was VERY annoyed when I went to work for a knee surgeon who in
no uncertain terms told me that 1. It doesn't automatically lead to a
need for knee replacement and 2. Chrondomalacia patellae can't be
diagnosed without an arthroscopy so I may not have had it at all!)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 27th 07, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

There are more than enough purrs for any one who needs them.

Purrs on the way tht every thing works out with you knee.

Ann

Old October 27th 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Lesley" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

There are as many different health insurance plans in the US as you can
imagine. Primarily there are various things they don't cover and various
amounts and percentages you have to pay yourself. It keeps their expense
and your cost down. And it cuts down on unnecessary procedures.

I have very good coverage. Usually only have to pay $3 to $9 a month for
any prescriptions I don't get free from the military. How much did the
coverage cost? Twenty years of Charlie's life.

But tomorrow it seems I may be out of luck. I need to get nine skin tags
removed from my inner thighs. But usually skin tag removal is just a
cosmetic thing. So the insurance has decided in their infinite and
erroneous wisdom that all skin tag removal is a cosmetic thing so they won't
pay for it. I dread finding out what this is going to cost me.

Here is where it gets weird and unfathomable. If my insurance covered it,
they would pay about $300 for the procedure, regardless of what the doctor
charges and I wouldn't have to pay anything. But since they don't, I have
to pay whatever the doctor charges. Probably closer to $800.

Jo