Dr purr requests of my own

Old October 27th 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Default Dr purr requests of my own

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
It seems that I've been asking for a lot of purrs lately. Sorry about
that, but I need to ask again.

My family doc referred me to an ortho surgeon for my knee injury. He
believed that I had torn the meniscus cartilage in my knee, and the
surgeon agrees. The surgeon wants me to go in for an MRI to see if there
is any other damage.

I am gainfully employed, in a decent job. I have medical insurance -
medical insurance that is considered by many to be pretty good. But even
with my insurance, the MRI and surgery will cost me over $1500. That is
simply obscene.

I can't afford this now. Nancy and I don't have that kind of cash on
hand. We will have in a just a few months, so I'm going to wait til
then. The purrs I am asking for are that I can avoid doing something
dumb and injuring my knee any worse.

Dan

You got it, Dan. Purrs that your knee says injury-free.

Ginger-lyn

--
Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Old October 27th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

As for the knee, frozen sweetcorn is your friend.

Rubbish.

Frozen peas RULE!!!

Old October 28th 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Oct 26, 9:01 pm, Daniel Mahoney wrote:
[...]

Purrs and gentle headbutts on the way that you are able to control the
pain and avoid doing anything that will cause you to further injure
your knee until you are ready to have the surgery. Keep an eye out
for kitties who love to rub ankles, especially near stairways.

Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old October 28th 07, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Oct 27, 3:15 am, (Gandalf) wrote:

Purrs are on the way.

You do realize that JUST an MRI runs from $1500 to $2000?

The knee surgery can cost anywhere from $15000 to $50000. Or more, if
there is rehab, etc.

I know it doesn't seem 'right', (and it isn't: health care in the USA
is by far the most obscenely expensive in the world) but you are better
off than a great many people.

My brother has no medical insurance at all, and needs knee surgery very
badly; for about 10 years now.

I have asthma. The three medications I need to control it cost over $500
per month. That's over $6000 per year.

Medical costs in the USA are one of my 'hot button' issues.

I hope that doesn't offend anyone.

Gandalf,
I buy Sam's Flovent from a on-line Canadian pharmacy, Four Corners
Pharmacy. I don't have to have a prescription, although I do have one
from his vet. The cost is $78/canister. If I buy it from a US
pharmacy the cost is $150/canister and we use 1 canister/month. I'm
not sure it is legal to order drugs from Canada for human consumption
but I've never had to prove that I'm buying it for my cat and the
Flovent I get is the exact same Flovent sold here in the pharmacy for
humans.

Julie

Old October 28th 07, 02:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Daniel Mahoney wrote:

I can't afford this now. Nancy and I don't have that kind of cash on
hand. We will have in a just a few months, so I'm going to wait til
then. The purrs I am asking for are that I can avoid doing something
dumb and injuring my knee any worse.

I was diagnosed with a "torn miniscus" nearly thirty years
ago. The orthopaedist I saw told me the surgery was not
compulsory - it depended upon how much trouble it gave me.
(What he actually said was "Recovery would take time and
extensive physical therapy - if you were younger I would
recommend the surgery without question, if you were older
I'd suggest it might cause more distress than it
alleviated, but at your age it's pretty much up to you, and
how much it restricts your activity.")

My chiropractor (who was the one who sent me to an
orthopaedic surgeon) gave me a sort of minimal knee-brace
called a "cho-pat", which helped to keep the kneecap in
place without unduly restricting movement. For a couple of
years, the discomfort came and went, but it gradually got
better. When I mentioned this to my doctor, he told me that
cartilage - including the miniscus - heals slowly, but if
the tear is not too bad, it can heal itself. (Which is
apparently what happened - once in a great while the knee
gives me a few twinges and I use the cho-pat for a few days,
but basically it returned to normal without surgery.
Old October 28th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
[...]

Well, I tried to reply to this, but I don't see that I did, and my
computer went wonky (yet again!) about that same time, so . . .

Purrs coming your way for a trauma-free knee.

Ginger-lyn

Old October 28th 07, 04:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 27 Oct, 12:53, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:
As for the knee, frozen sweetcorn is your friend.

Rubbish.

Frozen peas RULE!!!

I findf it easier to mould a bag of sweetcorn than a bag of peas
possibly because sweetcorn is a little smaller but I wouldn't say no
to frozen peas either

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 28th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

wrote:
As for the knee, frozen sweetcorn is your friend.

Rubbish.

Frozen peas RULE!!!

I findf it easier to mould a bag of sweetcorn than a bag of peas
possibly because sweetcorn is a little smaller but I wouldn't say no
to frozen peas either

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Petite pois?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old October 28th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 28 Oct, 10:38, "Adrian A" wrote:

Petite pois?

Thus proving, Adrian is a class act- this barbarian at the gate would
have never thought of that!

Old October 28th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
[...]

Purrs coming your way, Dan.

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe