May it live forever [B&TW]

Old October 31st 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default May it live forever [B&TW]

When Shmogg was still with us, one of the things he delighted in was
rustling through the bottoms of the vertical blinds. Anyone who has vertical
blinds will know that they aren't particular robust window coverings, and a
6kg cat rustling around in the bottom of them with great enthusiasm is Not
Being Helpful. Shmogg had already managed to take care of all the cords that
kept the blinds together and weighted down - most he removed himself, and
the last few we took out ourselves because we worried about his safety.

As such, even when it was a new house with new Vertical Blinds, they never
hung properly, and often there was a cat napping at the bottom of a window,
catching the rays and making a cat-sized gap in the blinds so that everyone
could see in and see the state of the litterbox err house.

Even in the last month of his life, he wrestled with the blinds next to the
computer - they were under the table in his 'safe place' (and turns out, his
alternate litterbox) and once he'd organised them in to something more
suited to him, he curled up in the sunshine and slept the days away. But I
got very used to the blinds rattling and rustling as he moved about under my
computer table.

At first, I didn't even think about it, it was just a normal every day
sound, and yelling at Shmogg to stop wrecking hte blinds was pointless
anyway, even when he was around. I can't easily get under the table and by
the time I did manage to get udner there, Shmogg would have stopped and be
well settled into his own personal sunbeam. He'd give me the look of 'what
are you doing down here, stupid human?' and then go back to lazing. So
despite the fact the blinds were always messed up under there, actually
*doing* anything Shmogg wrestling the blinds was not worth my while. And
yet, the blinds were being messed with in the exact same place and same way
Shmogg used to mess with them.

It took quite some time before my brain made the connection that it couldn't
*possibly* be Shmogg shaking around under there and it had to be Cary
instead.

"Cary! Get out of there! Stop playing with the blinds!"

"Not me, it PussyCap" he said matter of factly, standing next to me. I
hadn't seen him come out from under the table. Cary looked at me in that
innocent and bemused sort of way when I have done something really really
silly in his eyes.

My rational brain says that it was just Cary mucking about under the table
and I simply didn't see him come out of there because I was distracted for a
second by thoughts of Shmogg. But I know my B*st*rd C*t and if he wasn't
under there himself, he could have easily convinced the youngest (and
smallest) catslave in the house to do his bidding even whilst giving said
youngest (and smallest) catslave the rather catly ability of escaping from
the crime scene unnoticed. I would certainly explain why Cary managed to
have the exact same innocent and bemused look on his face that Shmogg often
did.

Shmogg may be at Rainbow Bridge, but the B*st*rd C*t Trick is still very
much alive.

May it live forever.

Yowie

Old October 31st 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

[...]

Well, it was clearly the B*st*rd Cat at work - Cary even informed you
that it was the Pussycap. Now, he might have meant himself - after
all, he was, in part, raised by a cat, so I'm sure he has cat abilities.

Joyce

Old October 31st 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

Yowie wrote:

Shmogg may be at Rainbow Bridge, but the B*st*rd C*t Trick is still very
much alive.

May it live forever.

Yowie

Shmogg-man! You rock!

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old October 31st 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

[...]

Yowie,
I personally believe that small children are aware of things that are
around them. Perhaps that's Cary and Shmogg's personal time together.
I agree, may it live forever.

Julie

Old October 31st 07, 05:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Yowie wrote:

Shmogg may be at Rainbow Bridge, but the B*st*rd C*t Trick is still very
much alive.

May it live forever.

You said it, Yowie! Go, Shmogg, go!

--
Marina
Old October 31st 07, 05:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Oct 30, 8:33 pm, "Yowie" wrote:

My rational brain says that it was just Cary mucking about under the table
and I simply didn't see him come out of there because I was distracted for a
second by thoughts of Shmogg. But I know my B*st*rd C*t and if he wasn't
under there himself, he could have easily convinced the youngest (and
smallest) catslave in the house to do his bidding even whilst giving said
youngest (and smallest) catslave the rather catly ability of escaping from
the crime scene unnoticed. I would certainly explain why Cary managed to
have the exact same innocent and bemused look on his face that Shmogg often
did.

Shmogg may be at Rainbow Bridge, but the B*st*rd C*t Trick is still very
much alive.

May it live forever.

He's still with you. Don't worry, he'll keep an eye on you all until
you're ready for another owner.

Pam S. certain

Old October 31st 07, 10:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

"Yowie" wrote

Shmogg may be at Rainbow Bridge, but the B*st*rd C*t Trick is still very
much alive.

May it live forever.

Ab-so-bloody-lutely!

Purrs