Survey:how you aquired your cats

Old February 11th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Default Survey:how you aquired your cats

How did your cats come to live with you?

I will leave this post blank so you can fill in the number or the names of
your cats next to the place or way. I will keep track of the responses and
post the results in about a week. It will be interesting to see the
results.

Shelter/rescue group:

Pet sto

Showed up at your door:

You rescued/ trapped them:

From friend or relative :

Breeder :

Your cat had kittens and you kept them:

Other:

Old February 11th 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

"Ann" wrote in message
How did your cats come to live with you?

I will leave this post blank so you can fill in the number or the names of
your cats next to the place or way. I will keep track of the responses and
post the results in about a week. It will be interesting to see the
results.

Replying to my own post with the information.

Shelter/rescue group: 2

Pet sto

Showed up at your door:

You rescued/ trapped them: 1

From friend or relative :

Old February 11th 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

"Ann" wrote in message
How did your cats come to live with you?

Showed up at your door:

2

From friend or relative :

5

--
MatSav

Old February 11th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bobblespin[_2_]

Shelter/rescue group: 2

Pet sto 1

Showed up at your door: 1

You rescued: 1

From friend or relative : 1

Other: ad in paper: 1

Bobble

Old February 11th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

"Ann" wrote in message
How did your cats come to live with you?

I will leave this post blank so you can fill in the number or the names of
your cats next to the place or way. I will keep track of the responses and
post the results in about a week. It will be interesting to see the
results.

Shelter/rescue group:

Pet sto

Showed up at your door:

My son was burning brush behind our house and had thrown some gas to start
the fire. He then sat down in a chair and suddenly this little furry thing
ran up his leg. He has an artificial leg so it was quite a clind for a
three week old kitten. Even though none of us liked cats, by the time we
bottle fed Mz Piglet, we were hers.

You rescued/ trapped them:

Guess you could say we rescued O T. Mahoney. The people that had him were
both mentallly retarded. When they said their cat had kittens, I decided to
helop find homes. Why I say we rescued is that when we went to get O T he
was hungry, covered with fleas and just plain aweful looking. Now he is my
baby.

From friend or relative :

Lee, from here, had a friend fron another newsgroup who had a kitten she
needed to rehome. Problem was Julie lived in Texas and we in Illinois. Lee
and her DH drove me to Oklahoma where we picked up Whispering Willow Walker.

Breeder :

Your cat had kittens and you kept them:

Other:

I have at least four, sometimes six who come to my garage when there is bad
weather. I let them in, feed them and provide a warmer place to sleep. The
next day they leaves without so much as a thank you!

Old February 11th 08, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Ann wrote:

How did your cats come to live with you?

I will leave this post blank so you can fill in the number or the names of
your cats next to the place or way. I will keep track of the responses and
post the results in about a week. It will be interesting to see the
results.

Shelter/rescue group: 3

Smudge (shelter adoption)
Roxy (shelter adoption)
Licky (rescue group - originally a foster, decided to keep him)

Pet sto 0
Showed up at your door: 0
You rescued/ trapped them: 0
From friend or relative : 0
Breeder : 0
Your cat had kittens and you kept them: 0
Other: 0

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Old February 11th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez[_2_]

On Feb 11, 3:55 pm, "Ann" wrote:
How did your cats come to live with you?

Shelter/rescue group: Fez and Rufous

Showed up at your door: Xoxo

Breeder : Maya, Luna, Basho and Issa.

Victor

Old February 11th 08, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Shelter/rescue group:

Cleopatra, Amelia
Friskie (RB)

Showed up at your door:

Tigger (RB)

You rescued/ trapped them:

Samuel Redcat (trapped after he was dumped in parking lot where I worked
Tabitha (from family who was moving and "couldn't take their cats" - GRRRR!!!)
Ranger (from family who's cat had "too many kittens" - again GRRRRRR!!!!)

From friend or relative :

Harri Roadcat - from an excellent cat-loving family in IL
Old February 11th 08, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Ann" wrote in :

How did your cats come to live with you?

I will leave this post blank so you can fill in the number or the
names of
your cats next to the place or way. I will keep track of the responses
and post the results in about a week. It will be interesting to see
the results.

Showed up at door:

T.C. (top Cat but female so used intitials) all white with pink trim
1972 - 1980

Shelter/rescue group:

Topper (named after T.C. sort of) black and white 1980 - 1991

Zak all black with white "broach" 1991 - 2007

Frank and Lyle STRIPES! 2008 - ????

Andy