Spazzie's name

Old August 29th 13, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

Default Spazzie's name

another name for Spazzie. I am thinking of Ollie for Oliver. In the movie Oliver, Oliver says "please sir, I want some more". That's Spazzie when she is hungry - which is all the time.
Old August 29th 13, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Mike Mayers" wrote in message
another name for Spazzie. I am thinking of Ollie for Oliver. In the
movie Oliver, Oliver says "please sir, I want some more". That's Spazzie
when she is hungry - which is all the time.

That's a boy's name. I suppose you could try Olivia, but maybe the name
Spazzie stuck, like Boyfriend's name. I did try to rename him but it
didn't work.
I thought I'd call him Gideon but it simply didn't go well.
So, unfortunately, his name remains Boyfriend. It was always a nickname for
the lost teenager that followed KFC around "that must be her boyfriend" and
now he's stuck with it.
Tweed

Old August 29th 13, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

"Mike Mayers" wrote in message

another name for Spazzie. I am thinking of Ollie for Oliver. In the
movie Oliver, Oliver says "please sir, I want some more". That's Spazzie
when she is hungry - which is all the time.

That's a boy's name. I suppose you could try Olivia

May I ask, why does it matter? It's not like the cat is going to be
ridiculed by her peers for having a boy's name. She's not going to have
gender confusion.

Seriously, I don't understand why anyone cares about this. Cats aren't
interested in human gender-role conventions. A male cat will not be
emotionally scarred if you put a pink collar on him. Someone actually
ranted about that here several years ago - apparently her neighbor put
a pink collar on her own black male kitty and she (the poster) was
horrified. WTH? I think pink goes nicely with black. Very retro-80s.

--
Joyce

Whenever you feel anger, you should say, "May I be free of this
anger!" This rarely works, but talking to yourself in public will
encourage others to leave you alone.
Old August 29th 13, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

It matters to me and that's all you need to know.
Would you call your male child Amanda or Penelope or ? of course not.
It's a matter of dignity.

Old August 30th 13, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

As Joyce pointed out, cats does know or care about what gender we humans
associate with certain names. The cat isn't going to embarrassed by it.

Jill
Old August 30th 13, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Mike Mayers" wrote in message

another name for Spazzie. I am thinking of Ollie for Oliver. In the
movie Oliver, Oliver says "please sir, I want some more". That's
Spazzie
when she is hungry - which is all the time.

That's a boy's name. I suppose you could try Olivia

May I ask, why does it matter? It's not like the cat is going to be
ridiculed by her peers for having a boy's name. She's not going to have
gender confusion.

It matters to me and that's all you need to know.
Would you call your male child Amanda or Penelope or ? of course not.
It's a matter of dignity.

If I even wanted to give a male child a girl's name, I sincerely doubt that
I would, because he would face hell in school, if not before. The world is
full of narrow-minded idiots who apparently have a mandate to beat the living
hell out of anyone who violates their notion of "gender-appropriate" behavior,
including their name.

But - and this is important - I would not pick a boy's name because I believe
it's undignified to do otherwise. why is it undignified? Is there any reason,
other than an emotional attachment to gender norms, for thinking this? Is
there a *logical* reason to think there is something undignified about it?

But we're talking about *cats*. I guarantee you, a cat does not care about
this.

--
Joyce

"Yes, but humans are more important than animals," said Brutha.
"This is a point of view often expressed by humans," said Om. (Small Gods)

Old August 30th 13, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/29/2013 7:07 PM, jmcquown wrote:
"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

(correct to my reply)
As Joyce pointed out, cats DO NOT know or care about what gender we humans

Old September 4th 13, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

I know this but I am not going to call a male cat Wendy or a female David.

Old September 4th 13, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Of course. That's not what I'm getting at anyway - I'm not saying you or
anyone should give names to pets that don't seem right. It's just that if
someone *were* to name a male cat Wendy, etc, there are people out there who
would get upset about it, as though it were a form of animal abuse. I just
find that odd.

--
Joyce

Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily
go in one ear and out the other. -- Stephen Baker
Old September 4th 13, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Of course animals do not care a jot about what their names are, otherwise
Boyfriend would probably object to his, which was a nickname that stuck.
However, I would not deliberately name a male animal by a female name or
vice versa.
It's just wrong.
It's different if you have a female cat that you thought was male and named
it in good faith but to do it on purpose, no, I do not agree with that.
It's disrespectful, IMO. YVMD.

Tweed