Cheap Cat Tree?

Old April 23rd 05, 01:25 AM
Cheryl

On Fri 22 Apr 2005 07:02:22p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav
roups.com):

I'd vote for Cheryl's idea instead of the tree trunk thing. It
sounds cool. Besides, I actually did haul in a tree trunk once,
and it turned out to be full of live termites.

I've thought about finding a tree trunk to bring in, too, but was
afraid of ants. To eliminate the chance of termites, you could put
the trunk on a non-dirt surface, like the driveway, for a day or
two and if you see "mud tunnels" do not bring it in (termites don't
live in the wood, they transport it back underground and are hard-
wired to get back under).

Back to the shelf thing, my plan was to put shelves on all of the
walls in the downstairs family room just for the kitties. I haven't
gotten that far yet. I saw a piece on HGTV where these people had a
train set with the tracks built on shelves on the walls, and they
had tunnels built *through* the walls so the train could go from
room to room all above the floor! I thought, how cool is that! and
that the cats would love something like that!

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Old April 24th 05, 09:44 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:10:11 -0500, Karen wrote:

That sounds interesting and different. Do you have a picture of it?

Which one?

The old tall one with teh removable shelves, or the newer one that I
got at the cat show?

I can post a pic of either one.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old April 25th 05, 01:24 PM
PawsForThought

Janet B wrote:
I have a $29.99 Walmart floor-to-ceiling cat tree which I've had for

3
years now. It's still in good shape and my 15# Skipjack races up and
down at full speed and scratches the living daylights out of it. I
anticipated having to replace it by now, but have no need to. I've
also thought about a more expensive one, but I don't see how he could
enjoy one more than he enjoys this bargain one, so I'm sticking with
it!

I have the Walmart tree too and it's still in good condition,
especially considering my cats like to run up and down it at full speed
ahead. If you go to Walmart, check the top shelf where the cat stuff
is and you will see them in a box. I also have another floor to
ceiling cat tree that was a couple hundred bucks, but it's the $30
Walmart one that my cats like best.

Lauren