rescue tips?

Old January 8th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

Default rescue tips?

Can any one suggest a good source on the net for rescue tips. A kitten
found our front porch last night and we coaxed her in. Just wanted to go
over the basics to keep her safe and healthy until we get to a vet
(hopefully we can get her in tomorrow). She is not a feral, was certainly
dumped, as she is very cuddly and affectionate, in spite of nervousness and
fear. I will check with the neighbors in case she's lost but we are in a new
subdivision with few houses and we know everyone pretty well and I'm
guessing if anyone had gotten a kitten recently they'd be pounding on doors
by now looking. She was outside crying from 6:30 am on Saturday until we
coaxed her in Saturday night--she was going from porch to porch.

Both of our kitties are rescues but we did not rescue them ourselves so this
early stage stuff is new to us.

I found http://rescueguide.com/orphkits.html are there other good ones? I
always feel more info is better than less.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
ie
pictures: http://www.davidandmollie.com/kitties/cleo/

Old January 8th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

http://www.maxshouse.com/Database_toc.htm

http://www.fanciers.com/cat-faqs/

Old January 8th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

Default rescue tips? Note on Aloe

Great, thanks!

One concern, as I was reading on second link (fanciers) I noticed they said
Aloe plant is NOT poisonous, while all other websites I have read said it is
VERY poisonous. Any clarification from the knowlegable? Is this a typo? Is
this a dangerous typo?

Off to cuddle the moggie, then drop Mom's groceries off and hit the pet shop
for some kitty nosh.

She's got great lungs!

thanks again!
ie

Old January 8th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

The second link may have not been update or it missed on it the first link
is Phil's site he is always on rec.pets.cats.health+behav newsgroup He
is one of the most knowledgeable non vets out there I have had the pleasure
of meeting

When it comes to kittens I always go with the rule of thumb you deal with
them as a baby if you think it can hurt them it will.

Old January 8th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

I wonder if there is more than one if someone dropped off a litter.

How can people be so heartless?

Willee

"ie" wrote

Old January 8th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

1. I have no idea but am keeping a look out. Unfortunately, we live in a new
development and are on the edge of some "wild" land--some prairie, some
wooded and see lots of jackrabbit and deer in the area. I assume there are
also coyote, as they are common around here. I fear that if there were
others they were not brave enough to go to a house and may be gone--but as I
said, we are looking around. I'll post a sign in the front yard this
afternoon after immediate needs are taken care of--just in case.

2. I have NO FREAKIN' idea. We have adopted two from a local rescue
group--one who was found injured (cuts, road rash, etc.) on a freeway at
about 6 weeks. No doubt, from the injuries and location, she was tossed from
a moving vehicle. Pictures of her (Buffy) and her companion (Mini), who we
adopted a few months before Buffy, can be seen at:
http://www.davidandmollie.com/kitties/ Be sure to check out fun with
packing peanuts--it's a hoot!

Thanks for the

Peace,
ie

Old January 8th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

My cat rumble was thrown for a moving vehicle in front of me. I chased the
sob ran his car into a ditch and got him arrested for felony animals
cruelty. He has 2 more years to go and I am going to be waiting for him for
a special thank you from Rumble.
Rumble is doing fine and is one of the most loving cats I have ever been a
slave to

Matthew

Old January 8th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

Score!!

It's so nice to hear those rare stories of justice. I heard that a woman
here in Austin was caught similarly (a few years ago)--instructing her 9
year old to toss the kittens as she drove. As part of her sentence she was
"awarded" 300 or 400 hours of community service--cleaning cages at the
shelter.

Hi to Rumble from Mini, Buffy and Cleo.

.. .

Old January 9th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006, NMR wrote:

My cat rumble was thrown for a moving vehicle in front of me. I chased the
sob ran his car into a ditch and got him arrested for felony animals
cruelty. He has 2 more years to go and I am going to be waiting for him for
a special thank you from Rumble.
Rumble is doing fine and is one of the most loving cats I have ever been a
slave to

One of Campus Cats' early rescues was a tame handsome young cat who had
come to the city shelter with an injured leg. The cat had been witnessed
being thrown from a moving car. "Probably just a sprain," said the hopeful
attendant, who had been moving the cat one cage ahead of the lethal
injection over several days.

So Campus Cats took him on, where our vet discovered not only that the leg
was badly broken, it had been broken for a while. Hence, the cat had been
thrown from a moving car with an already broken leg.

"Hobbs" was patched up and found a great home. He died of old age a few
years back and is still missed by his owner.

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats
Old January 10th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

law says you have to make every effort to find the animals owners,you
have to contact your local police,local spca/rspca and vets that sort
of thing.
if after 7 days (uk law) no one comes forward then the animal is yours
to keep/rehome/and unfortunatly destroy.