my kitties aren't happy

Old July 7th 09, 05:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul[_2_]

Default my kitties aren't happy

Moe & Rudy, neutered indoor guys and brothers....they are now around 5
yrs old and still act like kittens they have plently of toys and
things to climb on also I roatate the toys...I can tell they're
totally bored they roam around looking for anything to get
into...tonight the've gome to the2 end tables and coffee table
evryhting has been pushed off them and they bite my shoelaces in half!

These are not happy boys and I keep getting then new toys....they
still eat well, no problem with the kitty litter
Moe goes around meowing all the time, I go and bed, sweet talk him
that stops for as long as he's with me then starts right back
up....yes they had fresh catnip but there's only so many times I can
give it to them b4 they get bored

any suggestions really appreciated

Lynn
Old July 7th 09, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S

Some ideas:

Do you play with them twice per day to release some of that energy?
Use a fishing pole type of toy or laser pointer. Have a play session
right before bed to tire them out.

Do they have a cat tree to climb?

Rotate their toys every few days. Put away some and bring them out
later. They are "new" again (this really works. I do it all the time).
do the same with cardboard boxes, and paper bags (no handles).

Can you put a bird or squirrel feeder near a window. Ours love to
watch the critters.

Some cats like those DVD shows for cats, or "watching" Animal Planet.

Rene
Old July 7th 09, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Calvin

Ping pong balls.
Old July 7th 09, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Granby

These are wonderful toys for cats but, keep count of how many you have out
at a time. They get lost fairly easily.
"calvin" wrote in message
Ping pong balls.

Old July 7th 09, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Calvin

On Jul 7, 2:13*pm, "Granby" wrote:
"calvin" wrote:
Ping pong balls.

These are wonderful toys for cats

Especially on non-carpeted floors, and they're a great way
to give a young kitten plenty of quality exercise time
if it doesn't have another kitten to rampage with. They
will chase them as long as you're willing to toss them.

Old July 7th 09, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Granby

If you have stairs and are willing to carry the balls up them on a daily
basis, they can really be a hoot.
"calvin" wrote in message
Ping pong balls.

Old July 7th 09, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

they have bouncing balls with bells in them I get from Wal-Mart for about 2
bucks they whack one and when it hits something it goes bouncing away.
Drives them nuts specially with a 1 year old high energy furball in the
house now. My 15 year old phantom thinks he is 8 months old

"Granby" wrote in message
If you have stairs and are willing to carry the balls up them on a daily
basis, they can really be a hoot.
"calvin" wrote in message
Ping pong balls.

Old July 8th 09, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...
they have bouncing balls with bells in them I get from Wal-Mart for about
2 bucks they whack one and when it hits something it goes bouncing away.
Drives them nuts specially with a 1 year old high energy furball in the
house now. My 15 year old phantom thinks he is 8 months old

That's really neat, Matthew!

Old July 15th 09, 09:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul[_2_]

I do roate their toys all the time....I'm in a small on floor
apartment, wonderful suggestions and really wish I could use them,
bird or sqirrel feeder are out, not allowed in our apartment
complex....the guys don't like balls at all! I have thought abt
videos for them, Rudy likes some of the animal channel but he attacks
the TV, don't what a video would do

also the want to be in my lap 24/7....I can't sit down without one of
them on me, the the other is in waiting, they'll have a fight over me