It looks wrong, it looks bad to me

Old August 24th 05, 03:49 AM
Pat

Default It looks wrong, it looks bad to me

I took a few pics of Beatrice's incision. They came out a bit blurry but I
couldn't get better ones this evening. To me it looks very strange and I am
worried. Please let me know what you think. I could maybe get better pics in
the morning when there is more light.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pat_mo...bum?.dir=/8244

Old August 24th 05, 04:23 AM
Rrb

Pat wrote:
I took a few pics of Beatrice's incision. They came out a bit blurry but I
couldn't get better ones this evening. To me it looks very strange and I am
worried. Please let me know what you think. I could maybe get better pics in
the morning when there is more light.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pat_mo...bum?.dir=/8244

It's hard to tell for sure but they don't look so bad to me. It looks a
little puffy or it's a fold of skin down towards the bottom. I see an
arc at the bottom but it could be a fold of skin. If it's not open,
weeping or bleeding and she is acting normal I wouldn't worry about it
but have it checked tomorrow. You could also call an emergency vet and
describe it to them and see what they think.

Best wishes for you and Beatrice. The furry twosome Andy and Mary are
purring away for little Bea.

Rrb
Old August 24th 05, 07:03 AM
Krista

Pat wrote:
I took a few pics of Beatrice's incision. They came out a bit blurry but I
couldn't get better ones this evening. To me it looks very strange and I am
worried. Please let me know what you think. I could maybe get better pics in
the morning when there is more light.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pat_mo...bum?.dir=/8244

I really don't know whether the incision looks okay; I can't remember
what Lula's looked like and otherwise we've had all boycats. We are
sending lots and lots of recovery purrs for little Beatrice, though,
and hope she heals fast and perfectly.

------
Krista

Old August 24th 05, 07:21 AM
Mischief

Pat wrote:
I took a few pics of Beatrice's incision. They came out a bit blurry but I
couldn't get better ones this evening. To me it looks very strange and I am
worried. Please let me know what you think. I could maybe get better pics in
the morning when there is more light.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pat_mo...bum?.dir=/8244

I can't really tell from the pictures, but if it is red or puffy in any
way you should go to the vet. It does look a little odd but without
seeing and feeling it in person I really cannot tell

if you are really that concerned a trip to the vet wouldn't hurt.
Better safe than sorry. We get clients like that every now and then
too.

hope this helps,

Kristi

Old August 24th 05, 12:00 PM
Victor Martinez

Pat wrote:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pat_mo...bum?.dir=/8244

It is fuzzy, but it doen't look abnormal to me. Things to look out for
are puss and other fluids leaking out.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 24th 05, 12:26 PM
Enfilade

Pat wrote:
I took a few pics of Beatrice's incision. They came out a bit blurry but I
couldn't get better ones this evening. To me it looks very strange and I am
worried. Please let me know what you think. I could maybe get better pics in
the morning when there is more light.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pat_mo...bum?.dir=/8244

Nocturne had a problematic incision. The stitches split open inside,
giving her a hernia.

Her symptoms we shivering/shuddering, refusal to pee or poo for
over 24 hours (actually in Nox's case it was over 48 before they got
her to pee and longer for poo), not wanting to move off the bed not
even for food, and trying to press her belly against anything cold ie
the back of the toilet, the sink, the stove.

If Bea is doing any of this, take her to the vet at once.

At any rate, if you are worried, go to the vet and get some peace of
mind.

When we took Nox, it was a weekend. The first two vets we called told
us it was "normal post spay symptoms." But when we saw Nox shivering
like that and pressing her belly to the toilet back where she'd never
been before, we kept at it. The third vet took her in, and she got
emergency surgery the next day and is now fine.

Purrs for Bea.

--Fil

Old August 24th 05, 12:35 PM
kilikini

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
. ..
Pat wrote:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pat_mo...bum?.dir=/8244

It is fuzzy, but it doen't look abnormal to me. Things to look out for
are puss and other fluids leaking out.

I agree with Victor. My Chloe had quite a bit of puffiness and I was afraid
of infection, so I took her back to the vet. They said it would most likely
be fine, but it was right of me to check. All it was was that her skin had
a reaction to the sutures, but since enough time had elapsed, they removed
the sutures on that visit to avoid possible infection. The wound drained
for about a full week after, but she's been fine. (That was almost a year
ago.)

Keep us posted.........

kili

Old August 24th 05, 02:50 PM
Adrian

Pat wrote:
I took a few pics of Beatrice's incision. They came out a bit blurry
but I couldn't get better ones this evening. To me it looks very
strange and I am worried. Please let me know what you think. I could
maybe get better pics in the morning when there is more light.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pat_mo...bum?.dir=/8244

It's difficult to tell from those pictures, she does look a bit bruised,
hopefully she'll be a lot better in a day or two.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old August 24th 05, 06:02 PM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:49:19 -0500, "Pat"
wrote:

I took a few pics of Beatrice's incision. They came out a bit blurry but I
couldn't get better ones this evening. To me it looks very strange and I am
worried. Please let me know what you think. I could maybe get better pics in
the morning when there is more light.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pat_mo...bum?.dir=/8244

It's a little hard for me to tell from the photos. The thing to watch
out for is swelling. If it is larger than a walnut, there may be a
problem (i.e., grapefruit size tells you "Go back to the vet
immediately!).

Continuing purrs for Beatrice's recovery and your nerves (believe me,
I was a wreck when Merlyn was spayed -- lol!).

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old August 24th 05, 10:19 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for the incision to heal soon and without a
problem,
--
Polonca & Soncek