Lost my 19.5 year old... possibly adopting a 3 year old

Old November 30th 05, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Lost my 19.5 year old... possibly adopting a 3 year old

Hello all. You may remember I posted about a month ago about my 19.5
year old kitty. He was doing reasaly well, but then in late Oct -
Early November, he declined rapidly. He lost more weight, legs were
giving out, urinating all over. I finally got the courage to call the
vet and have him euthanized on November 14. I must say, however, that
it was a low stress and peaceful parting. I knew it was his time, as
did he. The night before I held him and cried. That morning I gave
him some milk, and then brought him in. He was very calm in the
waiting room. The vet had prepared the exam table with a comfy fleece
blanket. He explained the process, then gave my Kitty an anaesthetic.
He layed down on the table, very calmly, then the final shot was given.
No flinching, it was truely like he went to sleep.

That day and the next were rough. But I very soon felt ready for a new
adoptee. My other kitty is 12, and is very friendly, and misses her
brother.

I located a 3 year old kity on Petfinder, who is being fostered now.
According to the foster mom, he is very friendly and gets along well in
her house full of cats. We plan to meet him on Sat, and if all goes
well, we can bring him home. We have already been pre-approved.

I am excited and scared all at once!

Beth

Old November 30th 05, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Sorry about your loss

You have every right to be cared and excited You are an expecting parent
who does not get excited and scared when a new child comes into their life.
Enjoy the moments :-)

oups.com...

Old December 1st 05, 04:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

In article .com,
wrote:

[...]

God it's so hard losing our dear friends. I'm so sorry.

I think it's wonderful you're finding another guy for your remaining
cat. She'll enjoy him, I'm sure.

Good luck Saturday. I hope it all works out and this guy finds a new,
wonderful home with you.

Juls

--
Email (remove annoying hyphens)