The Extinct Maltese Cat

Old May 19th 10, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats.rescue
Shylock

Default The Extinct Maltese Cat

On May 18, 1:49*pm, Will in New Haven
wrote:
I have read several posts in which someone of unreliable sanity keeps
referrng to this phenomenon. I have searched out source material but
found none. However, I did find the following on the Talk Page for
Maltese Cat. Someone, very likely the moron who posts this drivel
here, simply asserts the same sort of garbage. He posted it in 2007,
was asked for references before he could put it in the article itself
and, of course, never provided any. I will continue to search for
something about this other than naked claims.

During the Black Plague in Britain the Maltese cat literally saved
Europe from extinction. Regardless, this breed rarely appears on the
charts that hang in veterinarians' offices.

When the Plague first broke out, its cause was unknown; it was
eventually determined to be carried by fleas. Fleas, and presumably
the disease, had been around for a long time, so why should there
suddenly be an epidemic? The cause was the cats--not what the cats
did, but rather what they did not do. Over time, England had bred
their cats to magnificent sizes. Beautiful for show, they had become
useless at catching, killing and eating vermin.

The British feline was no longer able to get into the small spaces
where rats and mice hid. The rats proliferated, and their fleas
brought the Plague.

The small Maltese Cat has tiny ears, tiny paws, a short tail, short
legs, short fur, and the solid color and appearance of a gray rat. It
has a somewhat flat face with round, green eyes, and a loving
expression. In (an unknown year--what was it, please?) the English
imported large numbers of these Maltese cats. They were not recognized
as a special breed, and for centuries remained just the Maltese cat.
In recent history (years???) the Maltese breed has been recognized in
America, but currently seems to have been forgotten and for most
purposes is extinct.

(End) Snezzy 03:15, 30 October 2007 (UTC)

Of course, I had to put my own two cents in. My rebuttal is not based
on the lack of sources, although I do mention it, but on the lack of
logic in the entire idea.

The previous "contribution," aside from being unsourced, is illogical
from start to finish. The plague came at a time long before anyone was
breeding cats for shows or, for that matter, practicing selective
breeding of cats at all. Certainly, the grainry cat, the barn cat and
the street cat, the cats that hunted the rodents, were not being
selectively bred. The plague hit many locations outside of the British
Isles and there is no record, or even any claim here, that the Maltese
Cat was imported to the many other places that saw the plague diminish
and eventually die out. Of course, the importation into the British
Isles isn't documented either but I'm just going after logical
inconsistancies, not the likelihood that the whole thing is a lie or
delusion. Perhaps the dumbest thing about the entire claim is the
assumption that small cats are better at hunting rodents. The rodents
that, for the most part, spread the plague were rats, not mice.
Getting into a small space with Norwegicus, or even Indicus, would be
inadvisable for the tiny cat described. The poor adorable thing would
be killed. Big cats are better ratters and terriers are better yet.

Hello,

Your agenda is . . . ? . . .
These Corporate Society liars are massively fat, grunting pigs,
snorting and rutting up, out of the mud, manure and slop, any tasty
morsel they can find, offer and use to lure the hapless “customer”
into their den of thieves to cause customer to make a purchase. They
say:
“BIG CATS EAT MORE”;
“FAT CATS EAT MORE”;
“BIG FAT CATS EAT MORE MORE”;
So along comes a little, old lady that knows a thing or two that
Corporate Society has been preventing customer from learning, and that
is: American cats are getting too big and too fat. So Corporate
Society crucifies the little, old lady, and all her sweet, little
kitties, in order to save their bottom . . . Dollar . . .

Truly

Truth will set you free, according to Jesus in John 8:32
http://fluflfyfuzzies.com for The Bill Of Rights and Freedom promised
by The Constitution Of The United States Of America.
Old May 19th 10, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats.rescue
meOwy

wrote:
[...]

by The Constitution Of The United States Of America.- Hide quoted text -

I don't know if the bubonic plague died out in Europe, but its alive
and well in the foothills and mountains of eastern California. It's
particularly endemic in the foothills, and people's pets have picked
it up when they made a stop along the road and their dog found a sick
rodent to chase or sniff at. A woman in Tahoe died of the plague a
few years back, it was brought home by her cat who had picked up the
rodent fleas when out hunting. Most people aren't aware of the
danger, but there are warning signs posted in places, particularly
when an epidemic (among rodents) breaks out about every 10 years.
Scared me from taking any pets into the High Sierras. Yeah, truth is
good for freedom, and knowledge is good for staying healthy.
Meowy's Mom
Old May 19th 10, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats.rescue
Will in New Haven

wrote:
[...]

Exposing your lies for what they are. A fairty tale, told in support
of some small amount of fact and reason perhaps.

These Corporate Society liars are massively fat, grunting pigs,
snorting and rutting up, out of the mud, manure and slop, any tasty
morsel they can find, offer and use to lure the hapless “customer”
into their den of thieves to cause customer to make a purchase. They
say:
“BIG CATS EAT MORE”;
“FAT CATS EAT MORE”;
“BIG FAT CATS EAT MORE MORE”;

Big cats, genetically larger cats, are much more capable of catching
and killing rats. This is an important place where your fairy-tale
breaks down. Of course, cats that are allowed to become obese are not
going to hunt at all. And obesity is bad for cats, just as it is for
humans. But _you_ are the only source for the whole "Extinct Maltese
Cat" line of bull****.

So along comes a little, old lady that knows a thing or two that
Corporate Society has been preventing customer from learning, and that
is: American cats are getting too big and too fat. So Corporate
Society crucifies the little, old lady, and all her sweet, little
kitties, in order to save their bottom . . . Dollar . . .

You lie to yourself, believe it and then lie to others.

--
Will in New Haven
Old May 19th 10, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats.rescue
meOwy

wrote:
[...]

Will in New Haven- Hide quoted text -

So, can't we just google Maltese Cats and get the truth from Google?
Old May 19th 10, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats.rescue
meOwy

wrote:
[...]

So, can't we just google Maltese Cats and get the truth from Google?- Hide quoted text -

Gee, I just went ahead and did this. Here's the result (same thing
from various sources):

The term Maltese cat refers to blue or gray cats. Maltese cats are not a cat breed, Maltese refers to their coloring.

www.cat-lovers-gifts-guide.com/Maltese-cat.html

So its not a separate breed. If it was at one time, then it must be
extinct.
You're both right, maybe. Will is the rightest, because breeds
weren't recognized as such until recent times. They were named and
described by their appearance and the part of the world the British
Empire brought them from to grace the manors of the aristocracy.

There is only one true breed: cat

We love each and every one here.

Peace and love,
MM
Old May 19th 10, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats.rescue
Will in New Haven

wrote:
[...]

I'm sure Harry/Shylock will argue that the truth has been supressed.
However, the lack of logic in his argument and the fact that there is
no source for his "information" that doesn't seem to trace right back
to him tells me that it is a fairy tale.

He's right that being overweight is bad for cats but everything else
seems to be windblown nonsense.

--
Will in New Haven

Old May 19th 10, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats.rescue
Shylock

wrote:
[...]

Meowy's Mom- Hide quoted text -

Hello,

The Mexicans bring all the Plague into the Country. When i was in New
Mexico (fleeing my little daughter from the 3-mile Island fall-out),
there were a few public (Media) reports about it (Mexicans were dying
getting sick etc, not Americans) They bring it in their blankets. Did
you ever see a Mexican "blanket"? They look like big, coarse, hairy,
square animals (the blankets) . . . (:

The area of which you speak could be a haven for illegals?

Now i know where to take my kitties, when i want to get rid of them,
and where they will do the most good.

Old May 19th 10, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats.rescue
Shylock

wrote:
[...]

No. The MalteseCat has been forgotten, extinct and off the chart for
probably half a century, and why i remember it, but most posters on
the Internet donot, because i myself am over three quarters of a
Century. Also therearenot many of my age posting in USNET, and with my
desperate drive to save my young, baby, brand new Country. When the
Maltese Cat appeared on the Veterinarian’s chart, she was recognized
as a specific breed, however you never even see those “charts” on
Veterinarian’s walls anymore. Perhaps something in an old library
could be found. If one of those “charts” existed it would be worth a
lot of money to the right person (antique collector) . . . I found an
old Atlas map of “Palestine” . . . That means it was before 1942. Most
of those maps have probably been burned by now . . . They too should
be worth a lot of money to collectors . . . “Albert Payson Terhune”
books have also disappeared from the libraries (they can be found on
the Internet). He published some of the most magnificent dog stories
on Father's beautiful Earth. As a child i read many of them (including
Black Gold), at about the same time i read "Little Women" (and, behind
my mother's back, a "Tree Grows in Brooklyn" ), which also probably no
longer exists.

I found a Maltese Cat kitten, in a Mennonite area, far back in an old,
rural wilderness of Bucks County, Pa, I actually owned one of those
precious kitties. Iwas in my early 20’s at the time. It was after
that, and to my surprise/shock, when I noticed theyhad disappeared off
the chart. Even then it worried me . . . Now-a-days people donot
distinguish between what is important from whatis a Disney Land in a
Disney World. Which brings us to the fact the cat is a seriously
important animal, not a toy. For example: I have a friend who tells
the story of a bat that had gotten into his house. The cat caught the
thing and killed it. The poor kitty died. Had the bat bit he, his
children, or his wife, it could have been one of them that could have
died . . . the bat was rabid.

Old May 19th 10, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats.rescue
nik Simpson

wrote:
[...]

While not wishing to get involved with Shylock's lunacy (though it does
have a dreadful fascination as a warning about the dangers of mental
care in the community) I can't resist. The term "maltese" in this
context simply refers to blue gray cats like my Emily, or the famous
Persia. There's a brief discussion on Wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltese_cat

So it's not completely out of the question that vet charts in the past
used "maltese cat" as general catch-all for blue-grey cats such as the
Russian Blue. Of course the coloring is not specific to any particular
breed and occurs naturally. My first cat (Eliza) had several
short-haired blue grey kittens despite the fact the she was a
long-haired grey tabby. One the kittens was an absolutely gorgeous
blue-grey tom, and in adulthood he certainly wasn't physically small, in
fact he was a magnificent 13 pounds.

So yes, there is such a thing as "Maltese cat" but it's not a specific
breed, isn't extinct, and is not noted for being physically small.
--
Nik Simpson
Old May 19th 10, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats.rescue
Shylock

*wrote:
[...]

Nik Simpson- Hide quoted text -

Hello "Simpson"

God forbid another Jew with his bag of lies attacks?: See John 8:44
http://tinyurl.com/theJew

According to Jesus youare a fat-headed liar, thus noone, in his right
mind, should believe anything you say: see: John 8:44 http://tinyurl.com/theJew

Now hereis the proof of the fact Simpson is either an idiot or a liar
and we know which :see: John 8:44 http://tinyurl.com/theJew :
If a Jew, Simpson is correct in this statement w/his small “M” for
the Nation of Malta‘s people (Jew are racists, you know:
http://www.csmonitor.com/2009/0902/p06s01-wome.html
Simpson says: ". . . vet charts in the past used "maltese cat" as
general catch-all for blue-grey cats such as the Russian Blue" . . .,
Now for the truth: then let him explain the 'Siamese Cat name, and the
Burmese Cat; Balinese Cat; and the Bombay cat.
Now then here are some more kitties named after a Nation (or State):
Egyptian Mau
Havana Brown
Javanese
Korat
Maine Coon (America‘s National Kitty)
Norwegian Forest Cat
Persian
Russian Blue
Scottish Fold
Siberian
Singapura
Somali
Tonkinese
Ah, yes, and once upon a time there was a tiny kitty that saved all of
Europe, named:
Maltese Cat
Now the liars, who hate truth and love a lie, want to tell you,
because she was so tiny, she couldnot do her job. Based on size (“God
made a mistake“), that means these liars think a tiny bullet sent to
their bloated, big, fat heads cannot kill them, because the bullet is
tiny, or isit that the parasite thinks he is too big . . . OH YEAH
“Smith and Wesson made the equalizer“.
All of these kitties have been named after a Country, yet, Simpson,
you have the absurdity (chuzpapoopmouth) to say the Maltese Cat cannot
be named after a Country, even though there is a dog named after
Malta. Hereis something to blow (I pray) your wee twisted mind. There
was once a Nation named Angora, so how do you explain the “Angora”
Cat? Due to the fact the Nation of Angora is gone; so is the cat? Is
this how the corrupted mind of a corrupted "Jew" works? Love a lie,
hate truth? Jesus says, Yes, to that question in John 8:44
http://tinyurl.com/theJew He also says youare in fact a liar, and
ooooohh, He also says you are a murderer: see John 8:44 http://tinyurl.com/theJew
.. . . You eat KITTIES???!!!! Your own Talmud teaches to lie if the
truth is going to hurt someone’s feelings, and; especially, do, always
lie to all non-Jews. Hereis the-tip-of-the-iceberg-proof:
Babylon Talmud Law:
TALMUD:
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...1054584&hl=en#
http://tinyurl.com/TalmudLaw

http://tinyurl.com/WhyWeHateJews

http://myreader.co.uk/gp/1212-1.aspx
http://www.revisionisthistory.org/talmudtruth.html
http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/talmud.htm
http://www.iahushua.com/JQ/talmud.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALCSSLPsiWs

"Know thine enemy".- Heis far more
insane than you can possibly fathom
- sort of like infinity.
http://tinyurl.com/NukBloodLibel
http://tinyurl.com/NukBloodLibel2
http://tinyurl.com/BabylonTalmudLaw

http://tinyurl.com/theChosenPeople

See Poor, Abused Jews Spending Your
Hard-earned Wages: http://tinyurl.com/yx4d7r

Now if iam mistaken and youarenot “Jew“, of which thereis no such
thing*, then that changes nothing; everything I have said is truth to
the best of my “lunacy” ability, and since you have already
established a fact of “lunacy“: “. . . While not wishing to get
involved with Shylock's lunacy (though it doeshave a dreadful
fascination as a warning about the dangers of mental care in the
community). . . ”, iam absolved of everything, according to your own
diagnoses, unless you are practicing medicine without a license and
belong in jail.

The Truth About the Khazar:
http://tinyurl.com/697m21
*No Such Thing As a "Jew":
http://tinyurl.com/88y27
http://preview.tinyurl.com/JesusNotJewis
http://resistance.jeeran.com/judaism/race/khazars.html

See Poor, Needy Jew Spend Your Hard-earned Wages (Foreign Aid):
http://tinyurl.com/yx4d7r

See Jew Murder USA Military Boys(USS
LIBERTY): http://www.gtr5.com/

See Jew Starve and MassMurder Indiginous People:
www.tinyurl.com/6sxpjy
http://www.indymedia.org/en/
See Jew Kill 45 Million Christians:
http://tinyurl.com/yq6dgq

OH YEAH! The United States Of America is in fact
a Christian Nation, or Israel cannot be a Jew Nation:
+ + + http://www.tinyurl.com/lbgov + + +

http://www.aljazeerah.info/
http://www.jewwatch.com/
http://judicial-inc.org
http://english.pravda.ru/
http://www.honestmediatoday.com/

Truly

Truth will set you free, according to Jesus in John 8:32
http://fluffyfuzzies.com for The Bill Of Rights and Freedom given by
The Constitution Of The United States Of America