VIDEO: What does Kosher mean?

Old March 6th 07, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
flick

Default VIDEO: What does Kosher mean?

"RosL" wrote in message
oups.com...

PETA kills animals? Under what circumstances?

PETA took in a bunch of people's dogs, when people had to give them up for
various reasons. The people believed that PETA would re-home them.
Instead, PETA killed most of them, then dumped the bodies in dumpsters.

The head of PETA has stated publicly that people shouldn't keep pets.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com

flick 100785

Old March 6th 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
[email protected]

On Mar 5, 6:03 pm, "fgdg" wrote:
Video - Warning graphic:http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs....deo=agri_short

I am Jewish and know what a Kosher kill is like...that most certainly
is not it! Read a book called "Fast Food Nation" that is how most
meat packing plants kill their animals...but that most certainly is
NOT how Kosher is killed....and why are you posting this **** here?
go away already

Old March 6th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Bunny of Bunny Hollow

Fred G. Mackey wrote:

fgdg wrote:
Video - Warning graphic:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs....deo=agri_short

Well, it would seem that once again, PETA has taken a handful of clips
from a long investigation and made a video that attempts to demonize the
meat industry.

The meat industry is a demon. Sheesh!

Remember, PETA is the same group that tried to scare your children with
comic books which suggested that if you happened to fish that they
should be concerned that one day they might find Fido or Mittens on
their dinner plate.

I suspect that these examples were culled from thousands of kills and
even in these cases, the animals only suffered for mere seconds.

It's interesting because I was just talking to someone today who
believed that cutting the throat of an animal was more humane that
knocking them.

I'm not convinced that slitting the throat is quicker than a good knock.

It's probably just as well that I don't have the link handy, but I've
seen videos from a company that sells non-kosher killing equipment.

The standard method is to hit them in the head with a device which
essentially makes it "over" instantaneously.

I would think one of the worst jobs would be to operate this device on
cattle, killing hundreds of them daily in one swift, though
ergonomically-friendly, pull of the trigger.

Just remember this, if God (or god or Gaia or mother nature or whatever)
hadn't intended for us to eat animals, why did he (or she or it or
whatever) make them out of meat?

--
-- I am not the Easter Bunny --
Old March 7th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Fred G. Mackey

Bunny of Bunny Hollow wrote:
Fred G. Mackey wrote:

fgdg wrote:

Video - Warning graphic:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs....deo=agri_short

Well, it would seem that once again, PETA has taken a handful of clips
from a long investigation and made a video that attempts to demonize the
meat industry.

The meat industry is a demon. Sheesh!

Why? Because they slaughter animals and supply meat to the market which
demands it?
Old March 7th 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Bunny of Bunny Hollow

Fred G. Mackey wrote:

Bunny of Bunny Hollow wrote:
Fred G. Mackey wrote:

fgdg wrote:

Video - Warning graphic:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs....deo=agri_short

Well, it would seem that once again, PETA has taken a handful of clips
from a long investigation and made a video that attempts to demonize the
meat industry.

The meat industry is a demon. Sheesh!

Why? Because they slaughter animals and supply meat to the market which
demands it?

It's the way they do it. Nobody demands suffering, but the meat industry demon
doesn't want you to know the animals they raise are indeed suffering greatly
from the moment they're born or hatched.

--
-- I am not the Easter Bunny --
Old March 7th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Bunny of Bunny Hollow

wrote:

On Mar 5, 6:03 pm, "fgdg" wrote:
Video - Warning
graphic:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs....deo=agri_short

I am Jewish and know what a Kosher kill is like...that most certainly
is not it!

You're not fooling me!

Kashrut requires all animals (and birds) to be slaughtered by a trained
individual (a Shochet) using a special method of slaughter, shechita. Among
other features, shechita slaughter severs the jugular vein, carotid artery,
oesophagus and trachea in a single cut with a smooth, sharp knife.

The only redeeming thing about kosher is the overall cleanliness. Beyond that,
ritualistic slaughter of animals is evil should be banned.

Old March 7th 07, 07:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Fred G. Mackey

Bunny of Bunny Hollow wrote:
Fred G. Mackey wrote:

Bunny of Bunny Hollow wrote:

Fred G. Mackey wrote:

fgdg wrote:

Video - Warning graphic:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs....deo=agri_short

Well, it would seem that once again, PETA has taken a handful of clips

from a long investigation and made a video that attempts to demonize the

meat industry.

The meat industry is a demon. Sheesh!

Why? Because they slaughter animals and supply meat to the market which
demands it?

It's the way they do it. Nobody demands suffering, but the meat industry demon
doesn't want you to know the animals they raise are indeed suffering greatly
from the moment they're born or hatched.

Sorry, but you'll have to explain at what point they are suffering. Is
it when they're out grazing in the fields? When they're being fed in
feed lots? When they get knocked? Or is it the indignity they suffer
once their carcasses are hanging in a cooler?
Old March 7th 07, 11:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
RosL

On Mar 7, 6:06 am, "Fred G. Mackey" wrote:
Bunny of Bunny Hollow wrote:

Fred G. Mackey wrote:

Bunny of Bunny Hollow wrote:

Fred G. Mackey wrote:

fgdg wrote:

Video - Warning graphic:
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs....deo=agri_short

Well, it would seem that once again, PETA has taken a handful of clips

from a long investigation and made a video that attempts to demonize the

meat industry.

The meat industry is a demon. Sheesh!

Why? Because they slaughter animals and supply meat to the market which
demands it?

It's the way they do it. Nobody demands suffering, but the meat industry demon
doesn't want you to know the animals they raise are indeed suffering greatly
from the moment they're born or hatched.

Sorry, but you'll have to explain at what point they are suffering. Is
it when they're out grazing in the fields? When they're being fed in
feed lots? When they get knocked? Or is it the indignity they suffer
once their carcasses are hanging in a cooler?- Hide quoted text -

May I respectfully suggest that an approptiate forum for this
discussion is http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...getarian?hl=en

Old March 8th 07, 06:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Fred G. Mackey

RosL wrote:
On Mar 7, 6:06 am, "Fred G. Mackey" wrote:

May I respectfully suggest that an approptiate forum for this
discussion is http://groups.google.com/group/alt.a...getarian?hl=en

May I respectfully suggest that you employ your KF on this thread and
use a newsreader instead of google.

May I also respectfully suggest you follow proper netiquette and trim
posts that you're responding to?

Old March 15th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.animals.rights.promotion,alt.pets.rabbits,alt.cats,rec.pets.dogs.rescue
Clockmeister

"Fred G. Mackey" wrote in message
. ..
fgdg wrote:
[...]

Irrelevant, religion is a load of antiquated nonsense and killing in the
name of, especially if it involved inhumane and cruel death in order to make
meat "kosher" is particularly disgusting.

Those who supports such practices deserve to endure a similar death.

Cat video :) John Cat anecdotes 4 May 13th 06 10:21 PM
Cat video Mognusticat Cat anecdotes 1 June 16th 05 10:39 PM
Not sure what my cat's vet did was "kosher" or not - need help please. [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 25 June 3rd 05 12:57 AM
Asthma video Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 15 May 13th 05 05:56 PM
A cute video CATherine Cat anecdotes 0 May 6th 05 11:44 PM