Weather!!!

Old September 30th 11, 06:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

Default Weather!!!

As there appears to be no "cat talk" perhaps we can discuss the weather.
Here in the Rockies, it is just like summer -- today. Don't know how
long it will last. I heard one report about snow on the mountain tops.
Best wishes to all. MLB
Old September 30th 11, 07:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 9/30/2011 12:40 AM, MLB wrote:
As there appears to be no "cat talk" perhaps we can discuss the weather.
Here in the Rockies, it is just like summer -- today. Don't know how
long it will last. I heard one report about snow on the mountain tops.
Best wishes to all. MLB

The weather here was horrendous. We had a booming thunderstorm, which
would have been sooooo welcome here in this drought plagued land, but
the rain only lasted long enough to make the air steamy. We lost half a
tree which landed in the driveway in the exact spot where the truck is
always parked, but thank all the gawds, it just so happened that Ben was
at the store, so we didn't lose the truck (yes, the tree was so big that
even the part of it that fell would have crushed the truck, and it's
only one of 25+ on our lot that is dead or dying of the drought). What
the storm accomplished was to knock down the electricity lines so we
were out of power for a couple of hours (twenty minutes after Ben fired
up the generator, after we finally got fans plugged in and going, it
came back on).

Sorry, didn't mean to turn that into a tirade.

Re the newsgroup... I could cry, I could just cry - as if I needed
another reason to hate FB, it has condemned this group to death. I got
so much comfort and friendship here and I'm going to miss it fiercely.
FB just isn't the same, it isn't a patch on the ass of what this group
used to be.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old September 30th 11, 08:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"MLB" wrote in message
As there appears to be no "cat talk" perhaps we can discuss the
weather. Here in the Rockies, it is just like summer --
today....

It's been summer for the last week in London, and much of the
rest of the UK. Temperatures approaching 30 Celsius (86
Farenheit) - yesterday was the hottest September day since 1895.

--
MatSav

Old September 30th 11, 01:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"MLB" wrote in message
As there appears to be no "cat talk" perhaps we can discuss the weather.
Here in the Rockies, it is just like summer -- today. Don't know how long
it will last. I heard one report about snow on the mountain tops. Best
wishes to all. MLB

It's still quite warm here in South Carolina, highs hitting around 87 F in
the afternoon. But the humidity is practically nil so it's a sure sign
winter is on the way. Oh, and it's been sunny for a few days, which makes
Persia happy. She loves to snooze by the windows in the sunshine

Jill

Old September 30th 11, 01:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"MLB" wrote in message ...

As there appears to be no "cat talk" perhaps we can discuss the weather.
Here in the Rockies, it is just like summer -- today. Don't know how
long it will last. I heard one report about snow on the mountain tops.
Best wishes to all. MLB

- - - - - - - -

Still 100 degrees (F) here (East Texas), although it is supposed to be
cooler this weekend. We *still* have not had any rain--not even the type CN
described for Houston. Of course, I would not want to see trees falling
into my driveway! The drought this year has been terrible. Local lakes are
about 14 feet below normal, and reports are that it will take several years
of normal rain to replenish them.

MaryL

Old September 30th 11, 02:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Wayne Mitchell

MLB wrote:

As there appears to be no "cat talk" perhaps we can discuss
the weather.

We can make weather talk into cat talk very easily.

With global warming, our summers are lasting a few days longer now and
our highs the last week or so here have been ranging from 65-75 degrees
F. Will is taking full advantage, spending as much time out as we will
allow. Yesterday was a little too wet for him, but he spent time out on
the front porch anyway. Today it's bright and the morning is warming
rapidly, so his outlook is good.

This is the first year he's been allowed any unsupervised time in the
Out, and he loves it. At eighteen, he's proving such a homebody that I
can let him go for a couple hours at a time and always find him tucked
in somewhere right close to the house -- which is necessary, since he
has to be rounded up for his asthma puffs morning and evening.

Heidi has no interest in going out, so the weather doesn't affect her
much.
--

Wayne M.
Old September 30th 11, 03:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"hopitus" wrote in message

On Sep 30, 6:41 am, "MaryL" wrote:
"MLB" wrote in ...

As there appears to be no "cat talk" perhaps we can discuss the weather.
Here in the Rockies, it is just like summer -- today. Don't know how
long it will last. I heard one report about snow on the mountain tops.
Best wishes to all. MLB

- - - - - - - -

Still 100 degrees (F) here (East Texas), although it is supposed to be
cooler this weekend. We *still* have not had any rain--not even the type
CN
described for Houston. Of course, I would not want to see trees falling
into my driveway! The drought this year has been terrible. Local lakes
are
about 14 feet below normal, and reports are that it will take several
years
of normal rain to replenish them.

MaryL

Where I live the metro municipalities come with specialized heavy
equipment and fell and
remove dead trees that are any sort of hazard to either homeowners,
passing foot traffic, or
vehicle parking area or traffic ( new thrill to watch for yours truly,
as where I come from trees
don't usually die; 'canes blow them down).....and palm and coconut
trees don't usually bust
up vehicles even if they land on them. Besides, no foot traffic out
during windstorms there
strong enough to uproot trees. Unless maybe the mail carrier. Or not.

- - - - - - - -

Our city will haul away debris, but it has to be cut up first and placed at
the curb--so tree removal is a very expensive job.

Tragically, my cousin (in Ohio) was killed this summer when a tree branch
fell on him, and he fell forward and hit his head on a large rock. It
wasn't even stormy, but there has been severe wind earlier. It was probably
a branch that had been torn loose and didn't fall until that fatal moment.

MaryL

Old September 30th 11, 03:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 09/30/2011 08:04 AM, MaryL wrote:

"hopitus" wrote in message

On Sep 30, 6:41 am, "MaryL" wrote:
"MLB" wrote in ...

[...]

Shallow-rooted trees and those dead or partially dead are a real hazard.
We always seem to have a few fall when we have heavy wind. Your
cousin's death reminds me of what was said at an aunt's funeral many,
many years ago. She was killed is a tragic auto accident. The speaker
made the statement: "She died magically -- not tragically. One minute
she was here and the next minute she was in the Great Beyond". My
condolences to you and your family,. MLB
Old September 30th 11, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Sep 30, 12:11*pm, hopitus wrote:
On Sep 30, 7:34*am, Wayne Mitchell wrote:

*MLB wrote:
[...]

Snaggly is still happily enjoying his long days snoozing out on his
deck chair on our deck
way above the ground while small wind gusts ruffle his fur and noises
from street far below
fail to disturb his naps. He doesn't realize, as I do, that our deck-
lounging days will end soon
and I will have to drag the plant life out there inside for the
duration. Virtually *no* springs and
very short autumns here, periodically in winter I have to get out
there with (LOL) little fireplace
tool shovel and throw off snow drifts as our top deck is open and its
wood supports subject to
weight stress if prolonged. Snaggly always goes out with me, high-
stepping like a majorette
but quickly retreats back to the living room to watch me from warm
interior.
No, we don't enjoy active winter sports, only inactive NFL watching.
My active winter sport is
shoveling drifts off the deck.

I don't even do that as I don't have any deck or balcony. Neither do I
do
any winter sports. So these day I tried to take as many walks as I
can
before winter sets in. But I do walk the stairs in the highrise I
live in.
..I also watch NFL games as well as NHL, college football,
and figure skating. I am an armchair athlete
Old September 30th 11, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 9/30/2011 3:10 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In ,
wrote:
On 9/30/2011 12:40 AM, MLB wrote:
[...]

FB will only kill this group if we let it and I for one, am not going to
let that happen.

Judith

I'm glad to hear that, but I still miss so many of our old regulars who
no longer post here. I just hate the format of FB and I feel "forced"
to use it just to communicate with them all. I *am* glad they found
Howard who had stopped posting here a few years ago, he was a good
friend and I had missed him.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

More hot weather... Gandalf[_2_] Cat community 9 July 29th 11 10:10 AM
Weather MLB[_2_] Cat anecdotes 0 July 25th 10 10:27 PM
is it the weather Steve Touchstone[_3_] Cat anecdotes 1 December 10th 08 08:00 AM
How is your weather? Daniel Mahoney Cat anecdotes 45 December 3rd 08 02:12 PM
Weather mlbriggs Cat anecdotes 32 August 4th 06 03:59 AM