Yucky boycat fudz

Old November 29th 13, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default Yucky boycat fudz

Little Feet and Little Boy both go crazy for turkey and ham, and it's
all I can do to keep from getting tripped up in the kitchen. But Apache
takes one sniff and turns up her nose at "boycat fudz".

I haven't found anything that Apache really goes nuts for. Not even
Fancy Feast. Maybe she's just a very particular girl, who thinks that
her crunchies are the only appropriate fudz for grrls.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
Old November 29th 13, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 11/29/2013 1:41 PM, Mark Edwards wrote:
Little Feet and Little Boy both go crazy for turkey and ham, and it's
all I can do to keep from getting tripped up in the kitchen. But Apache
takes one sniff and turns up her nose at "boycat fudz".

I haven't found anything that Apache really goes nuts for. Not even
Fancy Feast. Maybe she's just a very particular girl, who thinks that
her crunchies are the only appropriate fudz for grrls.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Maybe if you get Apache one of those pretty crystal bowls like on the
Fancy Feast commercials she'd appreciate the FF more. She'd certainly
feel appropriately spoiled.

Jill
Old November 29th 13, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
m...

Little Feet and Little Boy both go crazy for turkey and ham, and it's
all I can do to keep from getting tripped up in the kitchen. But Apache
takes one sniff and turns up her nose at "boycat fudz".

I haven't found anything that Apache really goes nuts for. Not even
Fancy Feast. Maybe she's just a very particular girl, who thinks that
her crunchies are the only appropriate fudz for grrls.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

~~~~~~~
Holly was like that. I always felt sort of bad because Duffy loved certain
treats (he would Hoover it up!!), but there was nothing Holly would eat
except her cat food. That was actually healthy for her, but I hated to see
Duffy showing such pleasure and Holly with nothing. Then I found a treat
that *both* of them loved, and it is even a healthy treat. Selina likes it,
too, although not a much as the other two. It is Halo's Liv-a-Littles. It
comes in a variety of flavors, but their clear preference is for chicken.
It is simply freeze-dried chicken. No additives. Since it is chicken, it
needs to be refrigerated after it has been opened. It is fairly expensive,
but it lasts a *long* time because I only give it as an occasional treat,
and I break it into a few small pieces each time. I order it online
(usually from mrchewy.com or petfooddirect.com), but it may be available
locally if you have a pet supply store nearby.

MaryL

Old November 30th 13, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 11/29/2013 5:07 PM, MaryL wrote:

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
m...

Little Feet and Little Boy both go crazy for turkey and ham, and it's
all I can do to keep from getting tripped up in the kitchen. But Apache
takes one sniff and turns up her nose at "boycat fudz".

I haven't found anything that Apache really goes nuts for. Not even
Fancy Feast. Maybe she's just a very particular girl, who thinks that
her crunchies are the only appropriate fudz for grrls.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

~~~~~~~
Holly was like that. I always felt sort of bad because Duffy loved
certain treats (he would Hoover it up!!), but there was nothing Holly
would eat except her cat food. That was actually healthy for her, but I
hated to see Duffy showing such pleasure and Holly with nothing.

Ah, but it was her choice, right? I know we all feel guilty from time
to time. But ultimately it's up to the cat. I doubt your dear Holly
felt deprived.

found a treat that *both* of them loved, and it is even a healthy
treat. Selina likes it, too, although not a much as the other two. It
is Halo's Liv-a-Littles. It comes in a variety of flavors, but their
clear preference is for chicken. It is simply freeze-dried chicken. No
additives.

I used to buy something like that for my little dog, Sampson. That was
back when I lived near a PetCo. And a PetSmart. Things are different
now. (sigh)

At least Selina likes it. Probably just as well she doesn't beg for
treats.

Jill
Old November 30th 13, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

[...]

~~~~~~~~
Yes, you're right, and I even recognize that it is better *not* to use
treats. However, Duffy literally dances around when the Liv-a-Littles come
out, so I was really glad that Holly also liked them.

MaryL

Old November 30th 13, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 11/29/2013 7:43 PM, MaryL wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

[...]

Seeing them do a happy dance is wonderful. Persia will do a happy
dance sometimes for treats. I don't give her treats often. But when I
say, "Want a treat?" she knows what it means. She practically springs
to attention and runs to where the treats are stored. She beats me to
it every time. Then she starts complaining, loudly. Apparently, I'm
too slow in gettung the package open.

Jill
Old December 3rd 13, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

MaryL wrote:

... Then I found a treat
that *both* of them loved, and it is even a healthy treat. Selina likes it,
too, although not a much as the other two. It is Halo's Liv-a-Littles. It
comes in a variety of flavors, but their clear preference is for chicken.
It is simply freeze-dried chicken. No additives.

My cats love that stuff! Especially the salmon flavor. (Well, that's Roxy's
favorite. I think Licky likes all of them equally.) It's kind of pricey,
though. I wouldn't mind, except that there isn't that much of it in each bag,
so it doesn't last very long.

There's another brand I've been buying for them, which is also simply
freeze-dried meat with nothing else added. It's the same price as the Liv-
a-Littles, but there's a lot more stuff in each bag. It's called Bravo
Healthy Bites, and it comes in salmon, chicken, turkey, mixed seafood,
and maybe some others. I don't mind spending the money on those because
they last a while.

--
Joyce

The heck with top and bottom -- I want relationships with strangeness
and charm.