Where has the summer gone?

Old September 3rd 05, 06:40 AM
Mathew Kagis

Default Where has the summer gone?

Hey All... I've been lurking as much as possible & posting not at all.
Here's a little update on me:

Bought a house... Take posession in 2 weeks. Been working at a decent
spot here in town (Kamloops), rewriting their wine list & also writing
a wine column for a monthly newspaper called SPIN (Sun Peaks
Independant News). I'll be working at Sun Peaks this winter (The
house is 5 min from the mountain)... I'm currently in negotiations with
a couple of places up there about jobs.

MUCH MORE IMPORTANT, update on Chablis & Muscat: The Furballs are
having a GREAT Summer. They've found a level with the 2 entrenched
cats here. With Leo it's detente. With Bonita, it's alot of border
skirmishes & stealing food from eachother's bowls. They've enjoyed
fulltime in/out acess, Not my preffered method, but that's how Roland
(My roomate & owner of this house) has it set up for his cats. Endless
fun in a big yard, full of fruit trees & big stacks of wood (Roland is
a retired carpenter. A huge garden & compost pile to catch mice in,
and a house full of little nooks & crannies (Classic mostly finished
renovating carpenter's home) to climb, hide & nap in. They are
healthy, (Chablis seems to have gotten over her sickly youth) happy &
active. Constantly chasing eachother around the yard & wrestling on
the trampoline. Soon they get their own pad, no other cats... Probably
worth the tradeoff of being kept in at nights again. All in All, the
move was good for Cats & their butler. I'll try to post a little more
regularly once things settle a little more & the final move is done.
One downside... The location of the house (rural) means I'll be
reduced to (GASP) dial up internet service... *Sigh*. At least I'll be
using outlook again to acess this NG, it's easier to read & manage than
through Google IMHO

Well, thats all the news that fits, film at 11.

In Vino Veritas
Mathew, Chablis & Muscat

Old September 3rd 05, 06:54 AM
Jo Firey

"Mathew Kagis" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Sounds like a very nice summer was had by all. Really glad to see your
post.

Jo

Old September 3rd 05, 07:47 AM
Marina

Mathew Kagis wrote:
Hey All... I've been lurking as much as possible & posting not at all.
Here's a little update on me:

hi Mathew, nice to hear from you. It sounds like you've all had an
exciting summer.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old September 3rd 05, 08:19 AM
Exocat

"Mathew Kagis" wrote
Hey All... I've been lurking as much as possible & posting not at
all.
Here's a little update on me:

Bought a house... Take posession in 2 weeks.

Good to hear from you. Delighted it's all been going well &
purring for a smooth move. Keep us posted once you're
established.

It was only last week when I smashed a full bottle of
Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon (it fell off the top of the fridge
'cos I left it too near the edge) that I thought of you, Muscat
& Chablis (you were the only one sharing my regret at the
loss of a nice wine).

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old September 3rd 05, 01:07 PM
Victor Martinez

Mathew Kagis wrote:
Bought a house... Take posession in 2 weeks. Been working at a decent

Excellent!

Well, thats all the news that fits, film at 11.

Sounds like everybody is doing great! Lots of luck with the move!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old September 3rd 05, 03:10 PM
lewe

"Mathew Kagis" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey All... I've been lurking as much as possible & posting not at all.
Here's a little update on me:

sounds like you all had a good summer

--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se | cats' pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old September 3rd 05, 11:12 PM
Susan M

"Mathew Kagis" wrote in message Bought a house...
Take posession in 2 weeks. Been working at a decent
spot here in town (Kamloops), rewriting their wine list & also writing
a wine column for a monthly newspaper called SPIN (Sun Peaks
Independant News). I'll be working at Sun Peaks this winter (The
house is 5 min from the mountain)... I'm currently in negotiations with
a couple of places up there about jobs.

Congratulations on the house! A friend of ours, Steve Ogden, works in
marketing at Sun Peaks - maybe you'll run into him. You can tell him you
know me from the cat group!

Soon they get their own pad, no other cats... Probably
worth the tradeoff of being kept in at nights again. All in All, the
move was good for Cats & their butler. I'll try to post a little more
regularly once things settle a little more & the final move is done.
One downside... The location of the house (rural) means I'll be
reduced to (GASP) dial up internet service... *Sigh*. At least I'll be
using outlook again to acess this NG, it's easier to read & manage than
through Google IMHO

Sounds like they'll have a nice place to supervise there. I can imagine
that nights inside near Kamloops will be safer for them too. There must be
a few critters around there. I know that mine are Out all day but I make
them stay in at night in Calgary here - coyotes at night.

Congratulations and enjoy your move!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old September 4th 05, 12:13 PM
polonca12000

Welcome back! I'm glad to hear things are going well for you all.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old September 4th 05, 06:37 PM
Mathew Kagis

Thanks all... Susan, What does Steve do on the hill? His name sounds
farmilliar. I lived there from '98 to '02, so this is like coming home
for me. Nights inside will be important in Whitecroft, it's bear
country & the property backs onto the Louis Creek buffer zone.... A 50
or so yard wide strip of woods between yard & creek. The upside of
this is that no one is going to build behind me.

Cheers
Mathew, Chablis & Muscat

Old September 7th 05, 04:27 AM
Susan M

"Mathew Kagis" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks all... Susan, What does Steve do on the hill? His name sounds
farmilliar. I lived there from '98 to '02, so this is like coming home
for me. Nights inside will be important in Whitecroft, it's bear
country & the property backs onto the Louis Creek buffer zone.... A 50
or so yard wide strip of woods between yard & creek. The upside of
this is that no one is going to build behind me.

Steve is in marketing but he just moved there in the past year or so. Good
luck with your move!

Susan M
Otis and Chester