Getting ready for a new aby kitten in Chicago-advice on vets and preparations needed

Old August 10th 03, 05:37 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Arjun Ray at
lid wrote on 8/10/03 11:23 AM:

In , Karen Chuplis
wrote:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...059&uid=514878

| (Look at the last picture [for Greystoke's eartip]).

| He's looking pretty healthy. I don't suppose you could check his feet?

It's the weirdest thing. When I released him after 8 days in March, the
paws looked to be healing. A month later, I heard from the caretaker
that she had seen his paws bleeding. In June, when I was feeding the
colony for a week while the caretaker was away, he was fine - no sign of
injury. Just yesterday, I thought I saw a slight limp, but as close a
look as I could get, everything looked okay.

Somewhere in the church grounds or basement, there could be something
(like broken glass, maybe?) causing him to reinjure himeself. I've
looked around - not everywhere, of course - and havne't found anything.

That is strange!! Unless his pawpads just have a tendancy to dry out and
crack?

Karen

Old August 11th 03, 01:10 AM
Cheryl

Arjun Ray wrote in
:

kept 8 days for anitbiotics to help his paws heal. I'll be moving the
other pictures of him to this album:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...059&uid=514878

Greystoke is a handsome guy. Those pictures are weird and I'm sure they
aren't caged (yeah, right!) but they look like they're in a zoo. I know
that isn't what it is but that's my impression. lol

I got a picture of Bonnie's eartip (up close, but when she sees me she runs
so it's of her ear ONLY.. hehe) I got some others, though. She really
didn't want to go back in her room but I'm only allowing during the day
freedom on the weekends right now. She still is too wary of me and I really
need to get her to the vet. I think she has ear mites and she's tearing up
her neck (another reason for short integration with the others though I
think they all need treatment for ear mites now.. Shadow's going tomorrow
since he is already scratching his ear to sores and with the FeLV he needs
aggressive treatment for that sort of thing)

pic of Bonnie's ear:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...85148094ZMNdzs

This one shows her playing with Shamrock.. you can see her poor tore up
neck from scratching it:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...85147301OptGat

The last 6 in the album are from today.

--
Cheryl

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti.

Old August 11th 03, 02:53 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Cheryl at
wrote on 8/10/03 7:10 PM:

Arjun Ray wrote in
:

[...]

She sure is a cutie, scratched neck or no! I hope you can get that under
control.

Karen

Old August 11th 03, 03:00 AM
Cheryl

Karen Chuplis wrote in
:

She sure is a cutie, scratched neck or no! I hope you can get that under
control.

I've seen kittens doing the arched back reared up thing with each other,
but Shamrock did that today and I was dying laughing. You know.. the
sideways trot with the back arched, tail puffy. She gets him hopping 3
feet in the air. Shadow just sits and watches. Bonnie went after him ..
once... but not like she does Shamrock and she learned quickly that he
doesn't like to play.