Camping information: Heading west.

Old May 12th 04, 03:45 AM
Tanada

Default Camping information: Heading west.

Hey all,

Well, it looks like the trip is a go for all four of us, Rob, Mandy,
Mike, and me. Mike called this evening and left a message saying that
he's been approved for leave. I'll find out more later, we were at the
school art show and contest for Mandy when he called.

Our itinerary looks like this:

June 12 Bristol TN/VA camping on a friend's front lawn
June 13 Memphis--America's Best Campground
June 14 Lawton Oklahoma --Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge
June 15 Albuquerque New Mexico---KOA campgrounds
June 16&17 Flagstaff Arizona--KOA campground
June 18 Provo Utah, still trying to hear back from KOA
June 19 Mountain Home Idaho--KOA Campgrounds
June 20 Lewiston Idaho--In time for Father's day

While we're visiting we'll be camping in Washington State.

June 23&24 Steamboat Rock campground near Grand Coulee Dam
Laser light show and seeing my old stomping grounds
June 25 Osoyoos Campground outside Oroville Washington.
June 26-27 maybe into Canada, maybe not we have to be back
June 28 Lewiston Idaho Rob's mom's Purrday.

So if we can hook up with you, please let us know. We're planning on
visiting with Steve and Sherry in Lawton and Christine in Albuquerque.
The other places are still open. Also hoping to hook up with Sam Nash
in Washington as well as some relatives at Steamboat Rock.

The tentative itinerary for the trip back is to follow I-90 through
Wyoming and into South Dakota, head down to Denver, then follow I-70
through Kansas City, visit with relatives outside KC, then through
Missouri down I-24 to Nashville, TN, and then back to Bristol TN and
then home. We'll probably leave on July 8 and be able to have Mike back
in school on time.

Pam S. really nervous and excited.

Old May 12th 04, 04:39 AM
Marina

"Tanada" wrote

Pam S. really nervous and excited.

Purrs that you all have a wonderful time and everything goes without a
hitch. My mental eye can just see all the homeless kitties along your route
preparing to look cute and pathetic for your visit. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old May 12th 04, 03:53 PM
KLC

Hi, Pam!

The Okanagan is just a little ways north of Osoyoos, but if you cross
the border, I'll definitely drive down and meet up with you, wherever
you end up being.

We should swap contact info so you can reach me when you're in the area,
maybe, since you don't know for certain how you will spend Jun 26-28?
After all that travelling, you might want to relax in Osoyoos for a
couple of days.

And then Britta will be coming through this way, just a few days later
(or at least, in Vancouver).

Wow!

KLC, wondering which cat wants to go for a drive....

snipped

Old May 12th 04, 04:46 PM
badwilson

"KLC" wrote in message
Hi, Pam!

The Okanagan is just a little ways north of Osoyoos, but if you cross
the border, I'll definitely drive down and meet up with you, wherever
you end up being.

We should swap contact info so you can reach me when you're in the area,
maybe, since you don't know for certain how you will spend Jun 26-28?
After all that travelling, you might want to relax in Osoyoos for a
couple of days.

And then Britta will be coming through this way, just a few days later
(or at least, in Vancouver).

Wow!

KLC, wondering which cat wants to go for a drive....

D'oh! That sucks about the timing. But my parents would kill me if we left
Victora that early. Would have been so cool to all meet up at the same
time!
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered

Old May 12th 04, 10:58 PM
Annie Wxill

"Tanada" wrote in message
nk.net...
Well, it looks like the trip is a go for all four of us, Rob, Mandy,
Mike, and me. Mike called this evening and left a message saying that
he's been approved for leave.
Pam S. really nervous and excited.

Pam,
That is so great that all four of you are able to go. You will have a
terrific time and see some amazing sites.
Annie