Sleep

Old November 5th 04, 11:07 PM
Yowie

Default Sleep

Monday, 9:30pm.

Feed Dog. Feed Cat. Feed baby.

Collapse in exhausted heap on bed.

Wait for sleep.

Toss turn toss turn toss turn toss turn.

Plump pillows. Rearrange doona.

Wait for sleep.

Toss turn toss turn toss turn toss turn.

Visit the porcelain throne.

Lie back down in opposite direction.

Wait for sleep.

Toss turn toss turn toss turn toss turn.

Swear.

Toss turn toss turn toss turn toss turn.

Wake up Joel. “I can’t sleep.”

Duck.

Toss turn toss turn toss turn toss turn.

Get up. Pour glass of milk. Warm milk in microwave. Drink. Return to bed.

Wait for sleep.

Toss turn toss turn toss turn toss turn.

Swear more creatively.

Toss turn toss turn toss turn toss turn.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP! Smack alarm clock.
Waaaaaaaaah! Race to crying baby.
Think: Ergh, mornings!

Tuesday, 9:30pm.

Feed Dog. Feed Cat. Feed baby.

Collapse in a more exhausted heap on bed.

Wait for sleep.

Toss turn toss turn toss turn toss turn.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP! Smack alarm clock.
Waaaaaaaaah! Race to crying baby.
Think: Ergh, mornings!

Wednesday, 9:30pm.

Feed Dog. Feed Cat. Feed baby.

Collapse in an ever increasingly exhausted heap on bed.

Wait for sleep.

Toss turn toss turn toss turn toss turn.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP! Smack alarm clock.
Waaaaaaaaah! Race to crying baby.
Think: Ergh, mornings!

Thursday, 9:30pm.

Feed Dog. Feed Cat. Feed baby.

Collapse in an utterly exhausted heap on bed.

Shmogg jumps on bed. Shmogg demands scritchings. Shmogg rewards scritchings
with deep rumbly purrs. Shmogg curls into a catpuddle next to chest. Shmogg
settles into sleepy snorey purrs.

Wait for….zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Stretch, yawn. Turn off alarm before it starts.
Abab bububub gah goo wa dabba eee!. Go cuddle happy baby.
Think: Who needs sleeping pills when you have a purring cat?

---

Old November 6th 04, 02:47 AM
Hans Schrøder

"Yowie" wrote in message
Thursday, 9:30pm.

Feed Dog. Feed Cat. Feed baby.

Collapse in an utterly exhausted heap on bed.

Shmogg jumps on bed. Shmogg demands scritchings. Shmogg rewards
scritchings
with deep rumbly purrs. Shmogg curls into a catpuddle next to chest.
Shmogg
settles into sleepy snorey purrs.

Wait for..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Stretch, yawn. Turn off alarm before it starts.
Abab bububub gah goo wa dabba eee!. Go cuddle happy baby.
Think: Who needs sleeping pills when you have a purring cat?

It's the same way with me.

1:00am

Shutting down the PC, going to bathroom, going to bed.

Calling Teti (one of my Devon Rex cats) to come to bed. I turn off the light
and wait... 30 secs and he's there, coming straight up to my face to give me
a good night kiss and lay down for a while to get cuddled. After a while he
moves down into his favorite position between my knees. I start to feel very
relaxed, and just before falling asleep, I feel something moving between my
feet. That's Tinùviel (Teti's mother), finding her favorite place to
sleep... And with both of my darlings between my legs (with no possibility
for me to change position), I fall into the best sleep that anyone can get.

I wake up in the morning, the cats are having a nice fight on top of me, and
I get up, happy as I could be.

Breakfast, anyone?

Who'll need sleeping pills, having two such loving creatures taking care of
the mental health?

Hans

Old November 6th 04, 05:53 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Hans Schrøder at
wrote on 11/5/04 8:47 PM:

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

I'm so happy winter is coming. Grant does not sleep with me during the
summer. He spends his nights in the catnapper in the window. But now, it is
getting cooler so after I get in bed, he jumps up and "pooomf" falls right
over and snuggles up to me. Grant on one side, Pearl on the other. She
always puuuuurs really hard and pussy foots for a minute, then lays down.
She has to put her head in my hand. She keeps it there for 5 or so
minutes,and then siiiiiighs and curls up next to me. Sugar finds just the
right spot on my foot (her favored spot since kittenhood). And we are all
tucked up for the night.

Old November 6th 04, 06:53 AM
Marina

Yowie wrote:
Wait for….zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Stretch, yawn. Turn off alarm before it starts.
Abab bububub gah goo wa dabba eee!. Go cuddle happy baby.
Think: Who needs sleeping pills when you have a purring cat?

Aww! Glad you finally got some good sleep. Frank always comes into bed
after I've settled with my book. He lays down on the pillow next to my
head and purrs while I pet him. I can never read for long in bed,
because his purrs make me so relaxed and sleepy. When I turn out the
light, he stays a little longer by my head, then when he deems I'm ready
to fall asleep, he goes down and stretches out by my side. Nikki usually
lays by my feet or my other side, purring too. The best sleep medication
in the world.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 6th 04, 08:09 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 08:53:35 +0200, Marina
wrote:
Aww! Glad you finally got some good sleep. Frank always comes into bed
after I've settled with my book. He lays down on the pillow next to my
head and purrs while I pet him. I can never read for long in bed,
because his purrs make me so relaxed and sleepy. When I turn out the
light, he stays a little longer by my head, then when he deems I'm ready
to fall asleep, he goes down and stretches out by my side. Nikki usually
lays by my feet or my other side, purring too. The best sleep medication
in the world.

Mentioning reading in bed reminds me: I usually read for a while
before going to sleep, too. Now that the weather is cooler, they both
come to bed with me. Once Sammy gets her scritches, she goes to the
foot of the bed and lets me read. LB curls up around of the base of
the desklamp while I read, but when I'm ready to go to sleep and turn
off her heat lamp, she comes and gets under the covers with me.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old November 6th 04, 11:12 PM
Christine Burel

Aw, Yowie, glad Shmogg has helped you get to sleep -- I think the sleep
deprivation part of child rearing is just the pits -- used to think I was
getting Alzheimers 'cause I couldn't remember anything or concentrate on
anything when my kids were little. My husband and I spent our weekends
taking turns having naps during most of this time period.
Christine
"Yowie" wrote in message
Monday, 9:30pm.

Feed Dog. Feed Cat. Feed baby.

Collapse in exhausted heap on bed.

Wait for sleep.

Toss turn toss turn toss turn toss turn.

Plump pillows. Rearrange doona.

Wait for sleep.

Toss turn toss turn toss turn toss turn.

Visit the porcelain throne.

Lie back down in opposite direction.

Wait for sleep.

Toss turn toss turn toss turn toss turn.

Swear.

Toss turn toss turn toss turn toss turn.

Wake up Joel. "I can't sleep."

Duck.