Diary Entry

Old June 26th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chloe Cat

Default Diary Entry

AN EXCERPT FROM CHLOE'S DIARY
Dear Diary,

My poor Pine Cone! I stood him up at the altar. My poor, poor love. My heart
is sad because he is sad, I cry because he cries, I yowl because he yowls.
But what was I supposed to do? I love him with all my heart, and wish to be
his forever ladycat, but *marriage*? How can a modern girlcat like me submit
to *marriage*? The institution that has enslaved my kind, relegated us to
second place, put us little above domestic drudges, churning out bitties
regardless of our will (thankfully I don't have *that* problem, but the
principle is there)?

And yet, and yet? Could I truly vow to be bound to another *for all nine
lives*? I mean, we love each other desperately, but things can and do
change, what if the unthinkable happens and we find ourselves bound together
without love? Would we turn into the sort of couple that prefer to make fur
fly than to groom it lovingly? Surely it would have been better to have
never bound ourselves in the first place than to end up like that?

Oh, diary, if there was only another way for Pine Cone and I to be wink
winks without all that extra baggage this 'marriage' implies. Would he
consider the traditional season-and-a-day pawfasting? We could renew our
vows each time the Mouser sails, free to choose each time whether to stay or
to go. Hopefully to stay of course, but always free to go. Perhaps he will
be happy with this compromise?

Oh, Pine Cone, why is love so difficult?

Love,
C.

Old June 26th 08, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Chloe Cat" wrote in message

Oh, diary, if there was only another way for Pine Cone and I to be wink
winks without all that extra baggage this 'marriage' implies. Would he
consider the traditional season-and-a-day pawfasting? We could renew our
vows each time the Mouser sails, free to choose each time whether to stay
or
to go. Hopefully to stay of course, but always free to go. Perhaps he will
be happy with this compromise?

Oh, Pine Cone, why is love so difficult?

I posted this and a message for you at another place in this group. My dear
sweet vivacious ladycat, I will pawfast with you if that is your wish. Just
let me defeat the Dread Pirate Fifi first, then we can meet at FranknNikki's
Island, and pawfast with our families and friends, both here and departed,
as witnesses. If this doesn't work for you, just name the time and place
and I'll transport all I can to share our happiness. For you it may be a
year and a day, for me it will be always.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.