Flying Conan...another possibility

Old July 5th 05, 04:44 AM
Rhonda

Yep, I think this whole society is in too much of a hurry. We throw
people onto the phones for the least possible salary and training, then
are surprised when customers are angry with the service. The under-paid,
under-trained person on the other end of the phone gets the brunt of it.

I once called an airline to use an upgrade certificate for a client
going to Mexico City. It was a North American certificate, good for
anywhere in N.A. The United rep on the other end argued that it was not
good to Mexico, only to North America. I could not convince her
otherwise! I even asked her to name the 3 countries that are in NAFTA.
She told me the cert wasn't good because you needed a passport to get to
Mexico. Ahhhh! I told her you needed one for Canada too! Later, I told
the United sales rep that they have got to give basic geography training
before putting someone on the phone.

Off track.

By the way, I know of a person who called Delta to arrange two cats to
be flown (in baggage) to Seattle. She called and was told they needed
health certificates. It took much time and trouble for her to get off
work and get them. Then she checked in with the cats -- and they didn't
even ask for the certificates, so who knows anymore. I guess check the
website and call 2 or 3 times.

Rhonda

Brad wrote:

Two days later I couldn't stand it and I called again and got the same
answer from another rep but this time I asked for the manufacturers
phone number I called them and they said certainly you can do it and
quickly explained to me how to do it.....sigh....now I am hooked for
life to never take a negative answer from customer service without
checking further......

Old July 9th 05, 07:44 PM
Brad

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 03:44:47 GMT, Rhonda
wrote:

By the way, I know of a person who called Delta to arrange two cats to
be flown (in baggage) to Seattle. She called and was told they needed
health certificates. It took much time and trouble for her to get off
work and get them. Then she checked in with the cats -- and they didn't
even ask for the certificates, so who knows anymore. I guess check the
website and call 2 or 3 times.

Rhonda

I forgot to mention when I picked my cat up I went to front desk and
they required photo ID and another form of id and handed me three
pieces of paperwork and said I had to show them these papers and ID at
the overhead door where the animals are delivered to their owners,
there was five dogs and three cats on the flight my cat came up first
and I walked up to the attendant and she said is this one yours? I
said yes and she handed the crate to me and said cute kitten and that
was it no ID no nothing.....lol.....maybe a good place to get a
quality dog or cat for free......

nice chattin with ya.....

Brad

Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved
body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting......." HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"

Conan Update 6/20 9 pm CST Mary Cat health & behaviour 34 June 24th 05 05:29 AM
Conan Update Mon. 6/20 9 am CST Mary Cat health & behaviour 8 June 21st 05 08:20 PM
Conan Update Saturdfay 6/18 2:39 PM Mary Cat health & behaviour 9 June 19th 05 09:30 AM
Flying purrs? Karen Cat anecdotes 11 May 24th 05 07:26 AM
flying greeblings John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 2 April 4th 05 03:01 PM