Weather

Old August 3rd 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default Weather

tanada wrote:
Here it was 101 F and the heat index (same as the humidex) was 119. Way too
hot to drive a car without a working AC.

Pam S

What a storm we have last night! In addition to a severe thunder storm,
there was tornado
warnings. The weather channel TV person kept telling people they had
only a few minutes
to seek shelther in a bathroom or the basement. At first the warning
was for nearby regions
until it eventually extended to the city. Finally I took Rusty in his
carrier and walked all
the way downstairs to the lobby and sat in a corner away from the
windows. Didn't think
of going to the underground garage. The tornado didn't hit town. But
many surrounding
areas sustain lots of damage and some areas are without power.
Today everything is calm, and the heat and humidity gone, until
tomorrow.

Winnie

Old August 4th 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Cheryl Perkins wrote:

I can't decide if there are mice down there in the mud, or if it's just
another example of 'curious as a cat' when encountering a comparatively
new and strange area.

Miranda loves hanging out under the shed where I sleep on the island.
It's her safe place; the big boys (Linus and Kasper) can't fit under
there, and neither can humans. Nikki used to use it as her hiding place,
too. I think she was a little put out that Caliban crawled under there
this summer - he had to scrabble a little to get his tummy in, but in he
went. You could almost hear the 'plop' when his tummy finally went through.