[OT] What do I need? HELP!!!!

Old December 25th 06, 07:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default GOT IT!! - Was: [OT] What do I need?

Jo Firey wrote:
"Pat" wrote in message
et...

"Christina Websell" wrote

wrote:
Jeanne Hedge wrote:

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 04:07:07 -0600, "Pat"
wrote:

There are mimosa roots constantly sprouting new branches all around
the foundation of my house. Last spring I found a way to kill them:
Saw the branches off and paint the fresh stump with herbicide. But
I didn't get them all done.

Herbicide - I can see why you might not remember that right now. It's
winter, you don't use it all the time. But you still need to have it.

Doesn't it have to be actually growing - like not in winter - for a
herbicide to be effective?

Stump treatments can be used as long as the ground is not frozen.

I had a thirty year old mimosa tree removed a few months ago. Very pretty
tree but it poops something all over the yard in every season. Pink fluff,
seed pods, leaves and twigs.

If I did nothing around the yard for a few years I'd have a forest of mimosa
trees and palm trees. (My palm in a prolific seeder)

So I'll be out there with you painting on the herbicide.

Jo

I think mimosas are pretty too, but not worth the tree poop. You should
have a grove of the Tree of Heaven. They are *awful*. Nice, pretty
shade tree, but they poop trillions of tiny seeds in June. Get all over
the place, and they stink. I think every new seed that falls makes a
new tree. We pull up trees constantly. I asked the extension office
what I can do about the new trees that pop up everywhere, and they
said, either pull them up by hand or get a goat.
Our project now is getting rid of the dewberry (blackberry) bushes out
in the pasture. They are totally taking over. That's going to be a job.

Sherry

Old December 28th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

and the good news is you can find it here when you need it, good for you!!!
Lee
Pat wrote in message
et...
Herbicide.

There are mimosa roots constantly sprouting new branches all around the
foundation of my house. Last spring I found a way to kill them: Saw the
branches off and paint the fresh stump with herbicide. But I didn't get

them
all done.

It's 4 AM, so of course I remembered!!!