Why are my cats so small?

Old July 27th 05, 08:56 PM
Christina Websell

Default Why are my cats so small?

I have read posts about cats on the group that are often 14 lbs up to in the
20's, particularly USA cats.
Compared with this, mine are miniscule. Boyfriend is around 7-8 pounds and
KFC is 4ish. They both have access to all the gooshy and dry food that they
might want and catch and eat der birdies too.
They are both healthy at their weight. They both look just right. Slim and
lithe hunting kitties.
Should I worry that they aren't heavier?
No wormies nor fleas thanks to Stronghold.

Tweed

Old July 27th 05, 09:07 PM
Karen

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I have read posts about cats on the group that are often 14 lbs up to in

the
20's, particularly USA cats.
Compared with this, mine are miniscule. Boyfriend is around 7-8 pounds

and
KFC is 4ish. They both have access to all the gooshy and dry food that

they
might want and catch and eat der birdies too.
They are both healthy at their weight. They both look just right. Slim

and
lithe hunting kitties.
Should I worry that they aren't heavier?
No wormies nor fleas thanks to Stronghold.

Tweed

At 19 there is no reason to worry about KFC!! You never know, they could
have related genes and are just from a family of small sized cats.

Old July 27th 05, 09:23 PM
CatNipped

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I have read posts about cats on the group that are often 14 lbs up to in

the
20's, particularly USA cats.
Compared with this, mine are miniscule. Boyfriend is around 7-8 pounds

and
KFC is 4ish. They both have access to all the gooshy and dry food that

they
might want and catch and eat der birdies too.
They are both healthy at their weight. They both look just right. Slim

and
lithe hunting kitties.
Should I worry that they aren't heavier?
No wormies nor fleas thanks to Stronghold.

Tweed

Nope. Jessie, 6, and Demi, 7, are 7.55 pounds and 7.25 pounds. 4 pounds is
small, but I don't think it's abnormal for some cats. What does your vet
say?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 27th 05, 09:36 PM
CatNipped

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in

message
[...]

What, apart from please don't bring that little KFC back until it's really
necessary? ;-)

Tweed

ROTFLMAO! Same thing they say about Bandit.

Seriously, if the vet isn't worried, I wouldn't worry about it either.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 27th 05, 09:51 PM
Exocat

"Christina Websell" wrote
I have read posts about cats on the group that are often 14 lbs up to
in the 20's, particularly USA cats.

Well, you know how everything's bigger in the US of A! :-)

Compared with this, mine are miniscule. Boyfriend is around 7-8
pounds and KFC is 4ish. They both have access to all the gooshy and
dry food that they might want and catch and eat der birdies too.
They are both healthy at their weight. They both look just right.
Slim and lithe hunting kitties.

If they look right they probably are just right. Well within normal
operating
parameters, as their Mothership might say.

Should I worry that they aren't heavier?
No wormies nor fleas thanks to Stronghold.

Nope. And good (though my vets & I are keen on Milbemax &
Frontline Combo respectively).

Dinna fret yersen, hen, as they might say somewhere in these Isles.

Purrs

Gordon & the TT (FF in just 2 days now, yay!)

Old July 27th 05, 09:56 PM
Shiral

I don't think you need to be concerned. Pan is about 5 pounds, and
he's pretty old. I'd like him to be heavier and make sure he gets
plenty of food, but his top weight in his prime was about 9 pounds.

Francesca I think is about 7.5 pounds, and Nina, the little porker, is
about 8 pounds, now.

Melissa

Old July 27th 05, 10:31 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Christina Websell wrote:
I have read posts about cats on the group that are often 14 lbs up to in the
20's, particularly USA cats.
Compared with this, mine are miniscule. Boyfriend is around 7-8 pounds and
KFC is 4ish. They both have access to all the gooshy and dry food that they
might want and catch and eat der birdies too.
They are both healthy at their weight. They both look just right. Slim and
lithe hunting kitties.
Should I worry that they aren't heavier?
No wormies nor fleas thanks to Stronghold.

Tweed

Hmmm, my Tuppence is 4 pounds (better known as Tasmanian Devil Cat at
the vet), Smokie is 10, Barnabus is 13 (down from a high of 19),
Leonidas is 8.

I know in the case of my cats, that I overfed the ones who would eat
(i.e., Barnabus), rather like I used to overfeed myself.

I think Boyfriend and KFC are probably just perfect.

Smokie Darling (Annie) hey, if *I'm* going to be fat, so are my cats
(hee). Well, not so much anymore...

Old July 27th 05, 10:59 PM
mlbriggs

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:56:43 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

I have read posts about cats on the group that are often 14 lbs up to in
the 20's, particularly USA cats.
Compared with this, mine are miniscule. Boyfriend is around 7-8 pounds
and KFC is 4ish. They both have access to all the gooshy and dry food
that they might want and catch and eat der birdies too. They are both
healthy at their weight. They both look just right. Slim and lithe
hunting kitties.
Should I worry that they aren't heavier? No wormies nor fleas thanks to
Stronghold.

Tweed

Probably has something to do with their genetics. It would take two
of them to make one TuTu. I had a picture book of very large cats and
they
all looked like TuTu. I gave the book to TED to prove to her TuTu's
size was genetic.
Old July 27th 05, 11:08 PM
W. Leong

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I have read posts about cats on the group that are often 14 lbs up to in
the 20's, particularly USA cats.
Compared with this, mine are miniscule. Boyfriend is around 7-8 pounds
and KFC is 4ish. They both have access to all the gooshy and dry food
that they might want and catch and eat der birdies too.
They are both healthy at their weight. They both look just right. Slim
and lithe hunting kitties.
Should I worry that they aren't heavier?
No wormies nor fleas thanks to Stronghold.

Tweed

Rusty is 8 lbs. The heaviest he ever got to was 10 lb.
The vet used to caution me about him gaining too much weight, but there is
no worry about that.
I want him to gain a bit of weight, but his prescription food is
not cheap, and I am already feeding him the recommeded amount
for his weight.
I think it is OK as long as there is no sudden or prolonged weight loss.

But I know what you mean, the cats I see at the vet clinic are mostly
heavier than Rusty. Sometimes I feel like a bad Meowmie in
not feeding my cat enough. But someone pointed out that since
I am underweight, my cat tends to be underweight too.

Winnie