The Mystery of the Red Paws

Old October 2nd 03, 07:20 PM
Jette Goldie

"JHBennett" wrote in message

"Jette Goldie" wrote in message

"JHBennett" wrote in message
[[[[[[[[snip]]]]]]]
I really don't know. My spices are few and in the back of a high

up
cupboard. I've checked my make up, drawers everywhere, etc. But

you
never
know. It could be that she brought something in, food maybe, and
spilled
it. It's very odd. Also because it's on all 4 paws equally.
--
Britta

"...all four paws" argues for trotting across a floor being mopped,
Britta.
Which gets us back to some strong detergent, like Spic & Span (and

TSP),
or
a wax stripper (also loaded with TSP). I know, I'm determined ;-)
Cheers,
Jack

This makes sense. Also, what about floor wax? Some waxes (especially

those
used for "brick"-design tile) have color in them.

A thought if you happen to have red brick or red tile floors
in the kitchen or on the patio.

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

Go away, Jette, you can't play. You peeked at the answer ;-)
Cheers,
Jack

Did not!

The "update" threw that part of the thread onto a completely
different section of my reader, way way down the screen and
I didn't get to it till much later.

--

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old October 3rd 03, 08:16 AM
Jean H

Same here Joy I sometimes cant see the keys so after a while I get cowardly
and give it awayI was answering one about bluebird the other day but got
so upset I lost it I dont know where it finished up.Cheers to you and Jack
whose conversation with you I seem to have butted into, sorry about that jp

"Yoj" wrote in message
"JHBennett" wrote in message

" Hi Jack! Do I detect the presence of a debater? G While you

are
probably correct that food would have been removed, there are some

foods
that can stain skin and hair, and while the food is removed the

stain is
not. Beets, for instance, leave a stain long after the beet is

gone. Also, the fact that the skin was discolored does not mean that

it
was
irritated. If you have a leaky ball point pen in your pocket and

the
ink leaks through, your skin will be stained. The stain will last

for a
few days. There is no irritation - just a change of color.

Of course you know by now this is all academic, and it turns out we

were
both wrong. I, too, have enjoyed the discussion.

Joy

Joy, mea culpa! I am absolutely terrible about rising to the bait.
Yes, after I went through this exercise, I scrolled down a bit and
discovered I should have done so sooner. However, I'll have your know

I've
suffered greater embarrassments, so there!
Actually, the real answer is a perfect solution for both of us ;-)
Sadly, however, it deep sixes my plot to spend the winter in Thailand,

at
Britta's expense. Say, Southern California might be a nice place to

winter.
Do you have a guest room?
Cheers,
Jack
BTW, I follow your accounts of Bluebird's situation--well, as much as

I can
take, anyway. Likewise many of the other expressions for lost pets &
buddies others post, I hardly ever comment because it gets to me, but

keep
us posted. She has a lot of sand and I'm pulling for them. --JB

Aha! Not a debater, but a politician. You neatly avoided answering my
question. I'll bet you participated in debate at the high school or
college level, didn't you? I'll bet you could have come up with just as
good arguments for my side of the non-issue as the ones you had for your
side.

I understand what you mean about the depressing posts. I skip a lot of
them too, and sometimes start a response but I'm crying too hard to
finish it.

Joy

Old October 3rd 03, 08:50 PM
Yoj

No problem, Jean. It doesn't count as butting in when you're agreeing.

Joy

Normal is in the eye of the beholder. -- Whoopie Goldberg

"Yoj" wrote in message
"JHBennett" wrote in message

[...]

;-)

Old October 4th 03, 04:47 PM
badwilson

"JHBennett" wrote in message
Very good, indeed, and thanks for the feedback.
I'll also learn to scroll down on the screen, before I get too caught up
with exercises in logic--but it was fun anyway [really, it was].
Very glad it wasn't anything serious, with the exception of what the
Gecko may have experienced.
How about, for our next adventu what's become of the Gecko? Send money
and I will reluctantly depart these wintery skys and personally come to

your
balmy land to investigate.
Best to you, Vino, and the Gecko
Cheers,
Jack

Unfortunately I haven't been around to check on the gecko. My friend in
Bangkok desperately needed my presence at some "girls nights out" and wine
and cheese tastings while her husband was out of town. I couldn't
disappoint her so had to go off to play for a few days :-)
Now that I am back home (and with *no* plans to leave for the next few
weeks) I will try my best to check on Torquay (the Thai name for that kind
of gecko, but has also become my name for it). I promise to keep you posted
on anything that I find out.
--
Britta
ROT13 to reply

Old October 15th 03, 12:09 AM
SUQKRT

In article , "badwilson"
wrote:

No, I have nothing like that here. Just your average windex, dishsoap,
toilet cleaner and Ajax for the floor. She doesn't bring anything with
her,
guaranteed. It's really weird. Also, Vino is fine, thank goodness. If
he
licked off some strong chemical from all 4 paws, you'd figure he'd be a
pretty sick kitty by now.
Still mystified...
--
Britta

Do they use henna in thailand, maybe the maid used henna on Vino's paws as a
good luck thing.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.
Old October 15th 03, 12:09 AM
SUQKRT

In article , "JHBennett"
wrote:

Dan, there may be a special place in Hell for us. Fortunately, we know
the
place will be much cooler now it has frozen over, as attested by the Cubs
playing in post season ;-)
Cheers,
Jack

And the Red Sox too!