[OT] What do I need? HELP!!!!

Old December 23rd 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default [OT] What do I need? HELP!!!!

great idea, Lee
Matthew wrote in message
http://grocerylists.org/

"Pat" wrote in message
et...

"Christine K." wrote

Do you have a mental image of the store? Is it an item that you cannot
get from another store than Walmart, or is Walmart just the closest

one?

I don't remember! But I think it's a very common item, not one you buy
frequently but when you need it, nothing else will do....

Try "seeing" the store, at least isles or departments that aren't in

your
local grocery store, with your inner eye and picture the items there

Tried. All I get is a general picture.

It's almost too late now, I have to go over there before it gets dark.

Old December 23rd 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 15:03:24 -0600, "Pat"
wrote:

I have to go to Walmart while it's still light out - only another hour or
so! - and cannot remember one item I need. Help.... It's some small thing
for the house (I'm pretty sure), an urgently needed thing that I keep
forgetting to buy!I can't be running over to Walmart that often, and they
aren't open 24 hours here.

I had one of those about a week ago: I needed to buy a refill card for
my cell phone.

--
T.E.D. ) Remove "gearbox.maem" to get real address - that one is dead
Old December 23rd 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default What do I need? HELP!!!!

Pat wrote:
Not toothpicks, not trash bags, not matches, not light bulbs!

Light bulbs! That's what I forgot to get from Walmart today! Thanks
for reminding me. Have to
don't want to run out of cat litter over the Christmas break. But there
is only so much I can carry in one trip.

Winnie

Old December 23rd 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

wrote:

I have to go to Walmart while it's still light out - only another hour or
so! - and cannot remember one item I need. Help.... It's some small thing
for the house (I'm pretty sure), an urgently needed thing that I keep
forgetting to buy!I can't be running over to Walmart that often, and they
aren't open 24 hours here.

I had one of those about a week ago: I needed to buy a refill card for
my cell phone.

"B" for batteries? MLB
Old December 23rd 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Well I've been to WM and back and still don't have whatever it was. I was
too hungry to spend much time in the store.

It's definitely not toilet paper. I try to keep plenty of that on hand at
all times, same as I used to never let the car's gas tank go below half
full. Because you never know when something wild will happen. Terrorist
attack, natural disaster, war....

Hopefully it will come to me before the next time I have to shop.

Nobody so far mentioned anything that rang a bell for me, but please feel
free to keep trying!

(Jill, since when does WM sell Scottish Folds? Even if they did, I couldn't
afford to buy one. But I'd be in deep trouble if they did, and I could!)

Old December 23rd 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Winnie" wrote

there is only so much I can carry in one trip.

Same here.

This has me very ticked off. Where did my short term memory go? I used to
have hundreds of phone numbers memorized. I could repeat converations
verbatim months after they occurred. If I watched a movie three times, I
knew all of the dialogue by heart. What changed?

Is the toll of stress paid directly out of the memory bank? I haven't seen
my bifocals since April and have been forced to use a magnifying glass under
a bright lamp to read anything smaller than a headline.

There's a discount grocery down the street that sells all kinds of
supplements dirt cheap. I don't mean "cheap" off-brand stuff, but rather
name-brand items that someone else just didn't want on their shelves
anymore. So I took advantage of the opportunity and got many bottles of
gingko biloba which is supposed to be the best thing for the memory. I've
been gobbling it by the handful for months and drinking gingko leaf tea
(absolutely delicious taste - in fact one of the best teas I've ever had) by
the gallon.

I've either got the world's worst case of amnesia, or gingko isn't all it's
cracked up to be. Not long ago I spent most of a day searching for a VHS
tape that I had mailed off to someone in another state the previous week.

Old December 23rd 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Pat" wrote in
:

I have to go to Walmart while it's still light out - only another hour
or so! - and cannot remember one item I need. Help.... It's some small
thing for the house (I'm pretty sure), an urgently needed thing that I
keep forgetting to buy!I can't be running over to Walmart that often,
and they aren't open 24 hours here.

It keeps coming to me when I am falling asleep, or in the middle of
the night, or when I have just returned from Walmart! I can tell you
what it is NOT:

- laundry related
- cat related
- vacuum cleaner bags
- dish soap, shampoo, etc.
- broom, mop, sponge, duster, etc.
- drain cleaner
- any sort of polish
- nails, tacks
- computer related
- batteries
- food or drink
- sewing related

HELP!!!!!!! What can it be?? I remembered it last night, twice, and
now it is gone!

Well, you need a notepad that sticks to the fridge you can write these
things down on (or a PDA which is what I use) for a start!

I hope you remember it before it drives you nuts!

Old December 23rd 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Pat" wrote in news:ja-
:

"mlbriggs" wrote

try this; start saying the alphabet slowly -- this often works for me.

I don't understand why!

works for me also.

Old December 23rd 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Christine K. wrote:

Do you have a mental image of the store? Is it an item that you cannot
get from another store than Walmart, or is Walmart just the closest one?
Try "seeing" the store, at least isles or departments that aren't in
your local grocery store, with your inner eye and picture the items
there, like going to the store without going to the store, yet. I do
this when I try to remember what I was supposed to buy...

The closest Walmart just rearranged most of its aisles, which makes it
tougher to find things. Wish they didn't do it before Christmas. Guess
it is good intention in their part to make the traffic flow better.

Winnie

Old December 23rd 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Outsider" wrote

I hope you remember it before it drives you nuts!

Too late. I went nuts yesterday.