Update KFC (GW)

Old May 16th 08, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Update KFC (GW)

Christina Websell wrote:

wrote in message

She's getting antibiotic injections?

Yes, didn't I say? I thought I did.

You very well might have said. But either I didn't see your post about
that, or (more likely), my attention wasn't that great and I didn't
retain the relevant information.

What is the hump from?

Because I put her off my chest on to the floor when she filled my face with
greenies twice tonight. I'm tolerant, but not that tolerant.

Hmm... guess I don't know what a "hump" is, then. Whenever I've given a cat
subq fluids, they do get a little hump in the spot where the needle was
inserted, which is full of water (it goes down in 15-20 minutes or so). So
that's what I thought you meant. I guess you meant something like she's
sulking because you won't let her hang out on your chest? Just never heard
that called a "hump" before - maybe it's a UK thing?

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old May 16th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Think the "hump" is a fit, or a tizzy or being hissed off because something
did not go the cats way. Just a guess.

Old May 16th 08, 05:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Thanks, both of you.
I will see how she goes along. Her injections will last for two weeks.
I'm so glad they realised how unrealistic it was to pill her ;-)
My main aim is to get her eating, which she is again, but it would be
nice if the mucous could be cleared up too. I got another faceful
tonight twice and she is suffering a bit of social isolation in a way as
I won't have her back on my chest in the evening now until it's cured.
I love her to bits but I'm afraid I draw the line at green snot in the
face x 3.
She has the hump now. We have a very annoyed meatloafing kitty on the
settee. She thinks I don't want her :-((

Tweed

I'm guessing within 48 hours you will have a towel or something in your lap
along with a contented KFC.

The small thin blankets they use for babies would be perfect. They all
them receiving blankets here, don't know what they would be called there.

Or maybe pick up a pack of wet-wipes so you can clean up and sanitize
easily next time you are targeted.

Jo