A short complaint about my health issue

Old August 15th 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl P.[_2_]

Default A short complaint about my health issue

hopitus wrote:

If "broth" is what I think you mean, utmost sympathy, Andy....that's
the stuff
I use for the water option making instant stuffing and/or making
certain soups.
Not very satisfying and loaded with salt. No wonder you crave stuff.

Have you ever made the real stuff? I'd done some half-hearted efforts to
produce the base for turkey soup, which was always more or less
unsatisfactory. Then I came across something about making *proper*
broth, involving much, much longer simmering of the bones (didn't
someone here mention this sort of thing?) and suitable vegetables. It
made an enormous difference. Alas, I so rarely spend long enough at home
and not asleep to produce my own broth that I now resort to the packets
and cubes again.

Cheryl
Old August 15th 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Matthew" wrote in
g.com:

man I know how you feel having IBS. It sucks

But Andy I see below you want meat have you tried maybe getting away
from hamburger and doing some of the exotic meat such has buffalo
which had lesser fat content which effects your bowls quite a bit]

"outsider" wrote in message
In the scheme of things the trouble I am going through does not rate
very high considering what some other people (some who post here) are
going through but I started passing a little blood and the doctor
sent me some augmentin and all I can think of is I would kill to be
able to pig out on MacDonalds or Chinese or junk food or some of my
own something. I am starting to dream about food! I am about to
perform a bowel resection on myself at this point.

So I am mostly comfortable and I should be ashamed to complain about
such a
minor thing but I AM HUNGRY! I WANT SOME JUNK FOOD!! WAAAHHHHHHH!
sniff sniff......stupid colon..

Ok, I am done.

I eat very little beef. I mostly eact chicken and fish. I just am tired
of limiting what I eat and how much. I made a sandwich today with some
cold-cuts and had some potato chips so I fended of the hungries and only
was half way bad. I will pay for it latter but oh well. cat scan in
tghe morning and I get to drink two bottle of barium juice; yum.
Old August 15th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

I'm jonesing for dairy/cheese, pizza/bread, pasta, potatoes and I
can't have any of those either. We're all in the same boat.

kili

I can do potatoes with no skin which I can deal with but the cheese and
pizza I am staying away from. It is not as bad as IBS since some-day I
might get it fixed.
Old August 15th 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

If "broth" is what I think you mean, utmost sympathy, Andy....that's
the stuff
I use for the water option making instant stuffing and/or making
certain soups.
Not very satisfying and loaded with salt. No wonder you crave stuff.

I buy canned broth with no fat and low sodium (even though I have no
problem with sodium). I get chicken or beek and enjoy them with a minimum
of stuff added. Either one is ok with just rice but I also use both as the
base for most of my soups which are way more involved and fun. Having said
that I can enjoy just heating up beef broth and having it plain at times.

Old August 15th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Cheryl P." wrote in :

hopitus wrote:

If "broth" is what I think you mean, utmost sympathy, Andy....that's
the stuff
I use for the water option making instant stuffing and/or making
certain soups.
Not very satisfying and loaded with salt. No wonder you crave stuff.

Have you ever made the real stuff? I'd done some half-hearted efforts to
produce the base for turkey soup, which was always more or less
unsatisfactory. Then I came across something about making *proper*
broth, involving much, much longer simmering of the bones (didn't
someone here mention this sort of thing?) and suitable vegetables. It
made an enormous difference. Alas, I so rarely spend long enough at home
and not asleep to produce my own broth that I now resort to the packets
and cubes again.

Cheryl

I used to make real chicken soup and stock but that was before my current
job when I was self employed with more time available.

Now it's canned stock all the way.

Old August 15th 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"kilikini" wrote in

Good luck on your CT Scan!

kili ------- who's had a million CT scans.

Thanks!

Going in the morning. I think this place will give me films. They did
when I got an mri for my inner ear. The last CT was in the hospital and
they did not give me anything so this will be my first chance to see what
the diverticulitis looks like on a scan.
Old August 15th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"outsider" wrote in message
[...]

Along the lines of 'it could be worse'

(which of course I know is no help at all)

My uncle was on a severely sodium restricted diet the last year of his
life. Also no booze, etc

His only craving that bothered him was for a McDonalds Sausage
biscuit.

Jo

Old August 15th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

outsider wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in

Good luck on your CT Scan!

kili ------- who's had a million CT scans.

Thanks!

Going in the morning. I think this place will give me films. They
did when I got an mri for my inner ear. The last CT was in the
hospital and they did not give me anything so this will be my first
chance to see what the diverticulitis looks like on a scan.

I've never received a film from a scan because it's a 3-D image they have to
view (put together) on a computer. I've asked for a print-out of an image,
which was obliged, however. See if they can do that. CT scans are really,
really wonderful diagnostic images. I never mind having one done because
they tell so much.

kili

Old August 15th 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"kilikini" wrote in
om:

outsider wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in

Good luck on your CT Scan!

kili ------- who's had a million CT scans.

Thanks!

Going in the morning. I think this place will give me films. They
did when I got an mri for my inner ear. The last CT was in the
hospital and they did not give me anything so this will be my first
chance to see what the diverticulitis looks like on a scan.

I've never received a film from a scan because it's a 3-D image they
have to view (put together) on a computer. I've asked for a print-out
of an image, which was obliged, however. See if they can do that. CT
scans are really, really wonderful diagnostic images. I never mind
having one done because they tell so much.

kili

Even the mri was hundreds of slices and I have no idea why they printed
it to film because no one wanted it but me. I was surprised they send
anything but digital formats of anything. I will ask if I can have some
kind of output. I think they have to give it to me by law but I am not
sure.

Old August 15th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

"kilikini" ...
outsider wrote:
"kilikini"

Good luck on your CT Scan!

kili ------- who's had a million CT scans.

Aren't they also known as CAT scans?

Thanks!

Going in the morning. I think this place will give me films. They
did when I got an mri for my inner ear. The last CT was in the
hospital and they did not give me anything so this will be my first
chance to see what the diverticulitis looks like on a scan.

I've never received a film from a scan because it's a 3-D image they have
to view (put together) on a computer. I've asked for a print-out of an
image, which was obliged, however. See if they can do that. CT scans are
really, really wonderful diagnostic images. I never mind having one done
because they tell so much.

kili

Ah, the wonders of Science.
Purrs that everything turns out okay