Purrs for Hoomins' Tragedy

Old March 9th 04, 05:18 PM
Hopitus2

Default Purrs for Hoomins' Tragedy

Don't often share my heartaches with cat ng cyberfriends, but multiple purrs
needed for a couple friends in Miami, my hometown. Early a.m. today, a call
woke me from a close pal; her DH's only child, a daughter, 21, went to RB
today 3 days after driving headon into a large concrete pole late at night
during one of the intricate turns in poorly lighted section of our I-95
Interchange (locally nicknamed "the spaghetti bowl" so you can imagine what
I mean by "hairpin turns" here). Her BF died at the scene; neither wore
seatbelts, and her car was a rebuilt Mercury with airbags not reinstalled
upon renovation. I had occasion to ride as passenger with her dad, my
friend, about 2 months ago, and at the time bitched at him to fasten his
belt; he speeds and we were stopped by a local cop, scolded, but no ticket
given as he mentioned we had our seatbelts on (!). What irony.This is my
same friend who has the 3 Himmies in her *no pets* condo; she and DH have
now adopted his daughter's half-grown kitten; the Himmies are having cows
over the kid's
intrusion, but at least one of them is playing with it already.
Thank you for your recovery and comfort purrs for my friends; I met Claudia
(his girl) once.
--
If there's no cats in heaven, I don't wanna go!

Old March 9th 04, 05:45 PM
Julie Snowshoe

Purrrs, meatloaf meditations and candles lit for your friend, his
daughter and boyfriend and her cat. Such a sad situation all around.
Purrs for you as well, Hopitus as these are your friends and I'm sure
you share in their grief.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey

Old March 9th 04, 06:04 PM
Marina

"Hopitus2" wrote
[...]

What a tragedy, and what makes it even more tragic is that it could so
easily have been avoided. Many purrs for your friends.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old March 9th 04, 09:36 PM
polonca12000

What a tragedy! Our most sincere condolences.
We are sending purrs and hugs for the grieving family,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
Don't often share my heartaches with cat ng cyberfriends, but multiple

purrs
needed for a couple friends in Miami, my hometown. Early a.m. today, a

call
woke me from a close pal; her DH's only child, a daughter, 21, went to RB
today 3 days after driving headon into a large concrete pole late at night
during one of the intricate turns in poorly lighted section of our I-95
Interchange (locally nicknamed "the spaghetti bowl" so you can imagine

what
I mean by "hairpin turns" here). Her BF died at the scene; neither wore
seatbelts, and her car was a rebuilt Mercury with airbags not reinstalled
upon renovation. snip

Old March 9th 04, 10:15 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 11:18:00 -0500, "Hopitus2"
wrote:

Don't often share my heartaches with cat ng cyberfriends, but multiple purrs
needed for a couple friends in Miami, my hometown. Early a.m. today, a call
woke me from a close pal; her DH's only child, a daughter, 21, went to RB
today 3 days after driving headon into a large concrete pole late at night

snip tragic story

Please pass along condolences to your friends. Purrs and prayers for
them, and all who knew the young couple.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old March 9th 04, 11:31 PM
Tanada

Hopitus2 wrote:

Don't often share my heartaches with cat ng cyberfriends, but multiple purrs
needed for a couple friends in Miami, my hometown. Early a.m. today, a call
woke me from a close pal; her DH's only child, a daughter, 21, went to RB
today 3 days after driving headon into a large concrete pole late at night
during one of the intricate turns in poorly lighted section of our I-95
Interchange (locally nicknamed "the spaghetti bowl" so you can imagine what
I mean by "hairpin turns" here). Her BF died at the scene; neither wore
seatbelts, and her car was a rebuilt Mercury with airbags not reinstalled
upon renovation.

Major purrs, healing thoughts and sympathy for your friends' loss.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine

Old March 10th 04, 03:25 AM
Victor Martinez

Purrs on the way.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Purrs for a Hoomin Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 19 March 12th 04 01:46 AM
Purrs Needed Gizela Cat anecdotes 12 November 8th 03 03:51 PM
Uninterrupted purrs Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 August 24th 03 06:57 AM