Purrs for Hoomins' Tragedy

Old March 10th 04, 02:41 AM
Christine Burel

Many, many heartfelt purrs for your friends; I am so sad to read this story.
Please let them know we are sending our condolences and thoughts their way.
And comforting purrs to you, too, Hopitus.
Christine
"Hopitus2" wrote in message
Don't often share my heartaches with cat ng cyberfriends, but multiple

purrs
needed for a couple friends in Miami, my hometown. Early a.m. today, a

call
woke me from a close pal; her DH's only child, a daughter, 21, went to RB
today 3 days after driving headon into a large concrete pole late at night
during one of the intricate turns in poorly lighted section of our I-95
Interchange (locally nicknamed "the spaghetti bowl" so you can imagine

what
I mean by "hairpin turns" here). Her BF died at the scene; neither wore
seatbelts, and her car was a rebuilt Mercury with airbags not reinstalled
upon renovation. I had occasion to ride as passenger with her dad, my
friend, about 2 months ago, and at the time bitched at him to fasten his
belt; he speeds and we were stopped by a local cop, scolded, but no ticket
given as he mentioned we had our seatbelts on (!). What irony.This is my
same friend who has the 3 Himmies in her *no pets* condo; she and DH have
now adopted his daughter's half-grown kitten; the Himmies are having cows
over the kid's
intrusion, but at least one of them is playing with it already.
Thank you for your recovery and comfort purrs for my friends; I met

Claudia
(his girl) once.
--
If there's no cats in heaven, I don't wanna go!

Old March 10th 04, 02:49 AM
badwilson

Oh, how sad! Many purrs coming up.
--
Britta (still shuddering at the concept of speeding in the spaghetti bowl
with no seatbelts on and no airbags)

Old March 10th 04, 04:30 AM
Sam Nash

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
[...]

Mega-purrs for your pal's DH. I can so relate to his loss. No words can
adequately express the grief this causes.
Sam

Old March 10th 04, 06:22 AM
LOL

"Hopitus2" wrote in message ...
[...]

What a terrible shame. We send heartache-easing purrs to your
friends, and will light a candle for Claudia. Please pass along our
condolences.

------
Krista
Old March 10th 04, 07:02 AM
Yowie

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
[...]

Thats so sad. Purrs flying across the miles to all those who are grieving
for their loss, furry or otherwise.

Yowie

Old March 10th 04, 09:29 AM
Sherry

[...]

Oh Hop, that's so sad. Purrs for the family. The powers that be around here
have just made improvements to a dangerous stretch of road *after* a woman and
both children died on it.
Sherry
Old March 10th 04, 01:45 PM
Charleen Welton

"Sherry " wrote in message
[...]

Many purrs and heart-felt thoughts of understanding to the families. And to
you, Hopitus for the loss of your friend's daughter.

Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin
AggieMarble
Victor Velcro

Old March 10th 04, 02:39 PM
Adrian

Hopitus2 wrote:
[...]

How very sad, lighting a candle and sending purrs to family and friends.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Milo & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old March 10th 04, 09:09 PM
Takayuki

"Hopitus2" wrote:
Don't often share my heartaches with cat ng cyberfriends, but multiple purrs
needed for a couple friends in Miami, my hometown. Early a.m. today, a call
woke me from a close pal; her DH's only child, a daughter, 21, went to RB
today 3 days after driving headon into a large concrete pole late at night
during one of the intricate turns in poorly lighted section of our I-95
Interchange (locally nicknamed "the spaghetti bowl" so you can imagine what
I mean by "hairpin turns" here). Her BF died at the scene; neither wore
seatbelts, and her car was a rebuilt Mercury with airbags not reinstalled
upon renovation.

Purrs for you and your friend's family! I know kind of what you mean
about sharp turns. Ironically, I was in an accident on I-95 when I
was around 21. There's a section that's sort of a forced exit where
the highway basically ends and changes directions. I didn't know
about it, because it was my first time on that stretch of road, and it
was at night. My car was a flaming wreck, but I was unhurt because of
the seatbelt. They've since put big flashing lighted arrows there,
fortunately. Seatbelts are so important.

Purrs for a Hoomin Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 19 March 12th 04 12:46 AM
Purrs Needed Gizela Cat anecdotes 12 November 8th 03 02:51 PM
Uninterrupted purrs Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 2 August 24th 03 06:57 AM