Much communication going on

Old March 21st 08, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default Much communication going on

The cats have been very communicative lately.

Yesterday, I had a dental emergency (broken, very painful molar,
INEFFECTIVE anesthesia for the extraction and a six-hour long visit) which
kept me out until 830 pm. Senyah had gone to church, and closed the bedroom
door on Little Feet and Dulce Mae.

Now, Dulce Mae rarely vocalizes. Even her purrs are quiet. But last night,
she talked and complained about 'that woman' who closed her up. Little Feet
threw in an occasional meow, as if to agree with various points.

Monday, I was in the bathroom, with Bucky at my feet. I asked him if he
was okay. He rumbled out a purr. I asked him how his paw was doing. He held
it up and flexed it a few times, to show me it was fine.

Such smart cats!

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old March 21st 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mark Edwards wrote:

The cats have been very communicative lately.

Yesterday, I had a dental emergency (broken, very painful molar,
INEFFECTIVE anesthesia for the extraction and a six-hour long visit) which
kept me out until 830 pm. Senyah had gone to church, and closed the bedroom
door on Little Feet and Dulce Mae.

Now, Dulce Mae rarely vocalizes. Even her purrs are quiet. But last night,
she talked and complained about 'that woman' who closed her up. Little Feet
threw in an occasional meow, as if to agree with various points.

Monday, I was in the bathroom, with Bucky at my feet. I asked him if he
was okay. He rumbled out a purr. I asked him how his paw was doing. He held
it up and flexed it a few times, to show me it was fine.

Such smart cats!

Eek, purrs for your teeth!

I love the image of Little Feet throwing in a comment or two to emphasize
certain points Dulce Mae was making.

Joyce
Old March 21st 08, 05:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

bastXXXette...
Mark Edwards
[...]

Yeah, purrs for your owie teeth from here too.

I love the image of Little Feet throwing in a comment or two to emphasize
certain points Dulce Mae was making.

Joyce

I know, that was funny

When Sqweex wants to play, she'll get a fuzzy toy and come in 'talking with
her mouth full' LOL
I'm gonna start calling her Mimzy because that's how she' talks'.
And all four of them ask questions at times. Does your cat(s) ask
questions? That little MmmrrRrrrrrMmmpP??
Kyla
--wondering where all the cats went...

Old March 21st 08, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Mark Edwards wrote:
The cats have been very communicative lately.

Yesterday, I had a dental emergency (broken, very painful molar,
INEFFECTIVE anesthesia for the extraction and a six-hour long visit) which
kept me out until 830 pm. Senyah had gone to church, and closed the bedroom
door on Little Feet and Dulce Mae.

Now, Dulce Mae rarely vocalizes. Even her purrs are quiet. But last night,
she talked and complained about 'that woman' who closed her up. Little Feet
threw in an occasional meow, as if to agree with various points.

Monday, I was in the bathroom, with Bucky at my feet. I asked him if he
was okay. He rumbled out a purr. I asked him how his paw was doing. He held
it up and flexed it a few times, to show me it was fine.

Such smart cats!

Purrs for your teef! I was at the dentist too yesterday, but just for my
annual check-up.

LOL at Bucky flexing his paw.

Old March 21st 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Mar 20, 9:20*pm, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:

When Sqweex wants to play, she'll get a fuzzy toy and come in 'talking with
her mouth full' *

Fugazi (RB) was not a talkative cat, which may have been because she
couldn't get a word in edgeways as Isis (also RB) would even talk to
herself but the one time she would really yowl was when she wanted to
play. When they were kittens she fell in love with the rope from a
friend's anorak, you know the bit you pull tight around your waist, he
took it out to play with her and when he tried to put it back in his
anorak she gave him such a heartbroken look he decided he could manage
without it.That was HER toy, her one and only prized possession! We
mere hoomins were not allowed to control it, she would hide it and the
only time she ever smacked his sister was when Isis touched it.

Most of the time, Fugazi like Dunzi, she liked a nice high place to
sleep She seemed to tolerate Hoomins rather than actively seek us out
then again Isis was a complete lap hog so maybe Fugazi couldn't be
asked to compete. She was affectionate if encountered but rarely came
up for a skritchie. You got the impressiont that apart from mealtimes
she regarded us as moving parts of the landscape nothing as important
as having a good wash and a good snooze

But once every few days she would pick up her rope and storm the
living room wanting a game and then she would let fly was loud yowling

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Biut every few days
Old March 27th 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Mark Edwards wrote:
The cats have been very communicative lately.

Yesterday, I had a dental emergency (broken, very painful molar,
INEFFECTIVE anesthesia for the extraction and a six-hour long visit) which
kept me out until 830 pm. Senyah had gone to church, and closed the bedroom
door on Little Feet and Dulce Mae.

Now, Dulce Mae rarely vocalizes. Even her purrs are quiet. But last night,
she talked and complained about 'that woman' who closed her up. Little Feet
threw in an occasional meow, as if to agree with various points.

Monday, I was in the bathroom, with Bucky at my feet. I asked him if he
was okay. He rumbled out a purr. I asked him how his paw was doing. He held
it up and flexed it a few times, to show me it was fine.

Such smart cats!

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

I'm sorry to hear about your dental problem, Mark. I'm glad to hear
Bucky's paw is ok.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek