Attn: Brits! Please Check In...

Old July 21st 05, 02:34 PM
Jeanne Hedge

Default Attn: Brits! Please Check In...

After Thursday's latest bit of insanity, I'm sure I'm not the only one
hoping you and yours are ok!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old July 21st 05, 02:43 PM
wafflycat

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
After Thursday's latest bit of insanity, I'm sure I'm not the only one
hoping you and yours are ok!

I'm okay - miles & miles from London. My niece & her family are fine down
there.

Cheers, helen s

Old July 21st 05, 02:45 PM
Debbie Wilson

Jeanne Hedge wrote:

After Thursday's latest bit of insanity, I'm sure I'm not the only one
hoping you and yours are ok!

All fine thanks - so far only 1 reported injury and no deaths from these
latest incidents, though of course it's caused disruption all over town
once more, and the poor people in the immediate area when it happened
thought their number was up and were saying their prayers. These bombs
are apparently not as major as the last lot that went off on the 7th.
I'm not at all happy also as for the second time in a row, it's happened
just as my DH was travelling up to London for a meeting, something he
only does occasionally anyway!

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old July 21st 05, 02:52 PM
wafflycat

"Debbie Wilson" wrote in message
Jeanne Hedge wrote:

After Thursday's latest bit of insanity, I'm sure I'm not the only one
hoping you and yours are ok!

All fine thanks - so far only 1 reported injury and no deaths from these
latest incidents, though of course it's caused disruption all over town
once more, and the poor people in the immediate area when it happened
thought their number was up and were saying their prayers. These bombs
are apparently not as major as the last lot that went off on the 7th.
I'm not at all happy also as for the second time in a row, it's happened
just as my DH was travelling up to London for a meeting, something he
only does occasionally anyway!

Deb.

Get him to invest in a Brompton folding bike. Take car to outskirts and then
cycle in. Sales of bicycles have soared in London over the last couple of
weeks. Advantage of a Brompton is that it folds up quickly and small to be
easily transportable by hand yet is very strong. They retain a high
second-hand value as they are the bees' knees as far as folders for
commuting goes. Transport for London will provide maps of cycling routes
throughout London totally free of charge. See
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/cycle_guide.shtml and cycling is quicker than car
on the streets on London.

Cheers, helen s

Old July 21st 05, 02:56 PM
223rem

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
After Thursday's latest bit of insanity, I'm sure I'm not the only one
hoping you and yours are ok!

It is no insanity, but the logical consequence of allowing Muslim
immigration to Europe.
Old July 21st 05, 02:57 PM
Exocat

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote
After Thursday's latest bit of insanity, I'm sure I'm not the only one
hoping you and yours are ok!
Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

Fine thanks. I'm 250 miles away from Greater Midden (our name for
Greater London) and the amateur bombs appear to have contained
detonators but no explosive. One wonders why they bothered.

But many thanks for your concern :-)

Gordon & the TT (soon FF)

Old July 21st 05, 03:03 PM
Karen

"223rem" wrote in message
m...
Jeanne Hedge wrote:
After Thursday's latest bit of insanity, I'm sure I'm not the only one
hoping you and yours are ok!

It is no insanity, but the logical consequence of allowing Muslim
immigration to Europe.

Ummm. I don't think so.

Old July 21st 05, 03:04 PM
Karen

"Exocat" wrote in message
"Jeanne Hedge" wrote
After Thursday's latest bit of insanity, I'm sure I'm not the only one
hoping you and yours are ok!
Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

Fine thanks. I'm 250 miles away from Greater Midden (our name for
Greater London) and the amateur bombs appear to have contained
detonators but no explosive. One wonders why they bothered.

But many thanks for your concern :-)

Gordon & the TT (soon FF)

What do you want to bet this is a copy cat incident of the homemade variety?

Old July 21st 05, 03:09 PM
Exocat

"Karen" wrote
What do you want to bet this is a copy cat incident of the homemade
variety?

Exactly so. Pity the perpetrators didn't exterminate themselves and so
qualify for the next Darwin Awards.

My favourite was the story of the guy who went hunting for a stuck
musket ball down the barrel of his replica musket with a lighter at the
pan end while his eye peered down from the muzzle.

Purrs

G & TT(FF)

Old July 21st 05, 03:11 PM
Lesley

I'm at work in London and when the news first came in we were all
terrified. Okay it didn't sound serious to start with but then the last
one didn't either.

It looks okay but it must have been Hell for the people on the trains

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs