Please let me properly introduce myself

Old February 22nd 05, 10:51 PM
L. (usenetlyn)

jmcquown wrote:

It's too bad cilantro tastes like soap to me. I understand it's a

genetic
thing. (sigh)

Jill

Ok - here's another question. Do you like Earl Grey tea? Bergamot
seems to have the same aromatic essences as cilanto, to some extent,
though I know they are not related.

I just ask because the smell/taste of cilantro and bergamot are two of
my favorites.

-L.

Old February 22nd 05, 11:26 PM
Yowie

Let it go.

It no longer matters what the story is, there's been enough bad blood,
dissapointment and hurt feelings here recently.

If someone by whatever name they care to post under wants to talk about
their kitties, then thats what the group is here for. We are not a witch
hunting party (apologies to the Wiccans out there) and we aren't a crack
investigation team.

Welcome the stories about kitties, and leave it at that. Any mistrust or
hard feelings can be done in private.

Yowie

Old February 22nd 05, 11:30 PM
Yowie

"L. (usenetlyn)" wrote in message
oups.com...

jmcquown wrote:

It's too bad cilantro tastes like soap to me. I understand it's a

genetic
thing. (sigh)

Jill

Ok - here's another question. Do you like Earl Grey tea? Bergamot
seems to have the same aromatic essences as cilanto, to some extent,
though I know they are not related.

I just ask because the smell/taste of cilantro and bergamot are two of
my favorites.

Mmm... I *love* Earl Grey, and like Lady Grey even better.

Yowie

Old February 22nd 05, 11:43 PM
Christina Websell

Yowie wrote:
snip
If someone by whatever name they care to post under wants to talk
about their kitties, then thats what the group is here for.

Of course, that is understood, that *is* what the group is for but what it
is not here for is for the very genuine and kind-hearted people that post
here to be taken advantage of.

We are
not a witch hunting party (apologies to the Wiccans out there) and we
aren't a crack investigation team.

I don't think we've witch-hunted and we may not be the best detectives in
the world, but I think (and it's only my personal opinion, mind, after
looking at each and every post) that there is/was something very wrong here.

Welcome the stories about kitties, and leave it at that. Any mistrust
or hard feelings can be done in private.

Stories about kitties I love. Any mistrust or hard feelings are appropriate
to be expressed here, as it all happened here after all.
You may have to go along with a few more posts about this as we all
gradually, at our own pace, get over it.
I didn't want it to be all a fake either, but I'm fairly sure it is.

And yes, it's sad. While any of us feel sad about it, it's nice to share
that between us.

Tweed

Old February 22nd 05, 11:52 PM
Christina Websell

jmcquown wrote:

It's too bad cilantro tastes like soap to me. I understand it's a
genetic thing. (sigh)

Jill

Ok - here's another question. Do you like Earl Grey tea? Bergamot
seems to have the same aromatic essences as cilanto, to some extent,
though I know they are not related.

I just ask because the smell/taste of cilantro and bergamot are two
of my favorites.

Mmm... I *love* Earl Grey, and like Lady Grey even better.

Yowie

I love cilantro (here we call it coriander) but Earl Grey tastes like
washing powder water to me, I hate it. Maybe I have half of the soap gene.

Tweed

Old February 22nd 05, 11:56 PM
Shirley

"Yowie" wrote in message

Mmm... I *love* Earl Grey, and like Lady Grey even better.

Blech! I have a packet of Earl Grey sat in a cupboard (unwanted
christmas pressie), would it be ok to post it to you?

--
Shirley

Old February 23rd 05, 12:03 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-22, Christina Websell penned:

I love cilantro (here we call it coriander) but Earl Grey tastes like
washing powder water to me, I hate it. Maybe I have half of the soap gene.

Tweed

Wait, I'm confused. I've bought cilantro, and it's a parsley-looking green
leafy thing. And then I have a bottle of coriander; it's a bunch of round
pellet-looking things, I think. *confused*

I do love both cilantro (the leafy type) and earl grey.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old February 23rd 05, 12:08 AM
Yowie

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Yowie wrote:
snip
If someone by whatever name they care to post under wants to talk
about their kitties, then thats what the group is here for.

Of course, that is understood, that *is* what the group is for but what it
is not here for is for the very genuine and kind-hearted people that post
here to be taken advantage of.

Very true.

[...]

Also true, but I guess I'm willing to give a person the benefit of the
doubt. If "one&only" is who she says she is, the we have no right to jump
all over her. If she is who we suspect she is, it will become obvious soon
enough and getting angry with her and threatening her isn't helping anyone -
neither her nor us. And even if "one&only" does turn out to be the person
who was originally posting as Holly, her cat anecdotes are not off topic
here and it may help her to know that we can and do like reading her kitty
stories (there is no rule to say they have to be true).

I can understand feeling sad, upset, dissapointed and taken for a ride. I
did too. But the anger that seems to be coming out now is so out of
character for this group. The discord and hostility I now see is upsetting
me far more than the original deception, which, if I understand MBI, was not
done out of any malice or ill intention but rather part of a disease. Its
like getting mad at someone for swearing when they have Tourette's. It
doesn't help the person with the illness and blinds us to the fact that the
person is just as much a victim of their disease as we are.

We didn't get mad and threaten the person who typed in all-caps when we
found out she had a vision impairment, instead we tried to help by typing in
all-caps as well when replying to her. I'm wondering why we can't find it in
our hearts to be understanding of "Holly" as well.

Yowie

Old February 23rd 05, 12:10 AM
Yowie

"Shirley" wrote in message
"Yowie" wrote in message

Mmm... I *love* Earl Grey, and like Lady Grey even better.

Blech! I have a packet of Earl Grey sat in a cupboard (unwanted
christmas pressie), would it be ok to post it to you?

If you want to post it to Australia (and its allowed through customs) I
won't say no!

Yowie

Old February 23rd 05, 12:21 AM
Mary

"Shirley" wrote in message
"Yowie" wrote in message

Mmm... I *love* Earl Grey, and like Lady Grey even better.

Blech! I have a packet of Earl Grey sat in a cupboard (unwanted
christmas pressie), would it be ok to post it to you?

--
Shirley

I love Earl Grey but cilantro/coriander tastes like plastic
smells to me.