Feline Pine scooper tool?

Old May 18th 04, 06:49 PM
Priscilla H Ballou

Laura R. quoth:
circa Mon, 17 May 2004 16:17:48 +0000 (UTC), in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav, Priscilla H Ballou
) said,
I'm trying to switch my three cats over to Feline Pine litter, for a
variety of reasons, but the tools I have that I used to use to scoop out
clumps and feces have sifter holes in them that are too small for the
Feline Pine pellets to fall through.

Does anyone know of a source of a tool that has big enough holes?

What about one of those metal pasta strainer spoon thingies?

I'm not sure what you mean. All the slotted spoons I've seen have holes
smaller than the FP pellets.

Priscilla
--
"Come to Planet Earth! Watch people with brains not use them! Several
shows daily! Free admittance!" Keera Ann Fox in alt.support.menopause
Old May 18th 04, 09:35 PM
jmc

On Tue, 18 May 2004 02:34:34 GMT, all of a sudden, Laura R.
exclaimed:

circa Mon, 17 May 2004 16:17:48 +0000 (UTC), in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav, Priscilla H Ballou
) said,
I'm trying to switch my three cats over to Feline Pine litter, for a
variety of reasons, but the tools I have that I used to use to scoop out
clumps and feces have sifter holes in them that are too small for the
Feline Pine pellets to fall through.

Does anyone know of a source of a tool that has big enough holes?

What about one of those metal pasta strainer spoon thingies?

Laura

Yes, a strainer actually works quite well - I used a plastic one. I
used to use wood pellet litter, and the sawdust gathering at the
bottom annoyed me. I would, of course, clean the box of any solid
matter daily or twice daily, then every couple of days I'd drop the
entire box contents into the pasta drainer over the toilet, shake a
bit, and be able to dump "clean" pellets, sans sawdust, back into the
box. Worked really well.

My only complaint with the pellets is they are quite noisy - we live
in a small place, the litterbox is just the other side of the bedroom
wall (only place to put it) and Meep's a major digger.

Now I use Worlds Best Litter, and we both love it.

jmc

Old May 18th 04, 10:25 PM
Priscilla H Ballou

jmc quoth:
[...]

That's great, except that it's the exact *opposite* of what I'm trying to
do. I need to strain out the clumps of used WBCL and the solid waste
while leaving behind the unused WBCL and FP pellets.

Priscilla

Old May 19th 04, 10:06 PM
jmc

On Tue, 18 May 2004 21:25:59 +0000 (UTC), all of a sudden, Priscilla H
Ballou exclaimed:

jmc quoth:
[...]

Ah, sorry. I just thought I'd offer an alternative method, in case
you can't find what you're looking for.