Xmas in Burma and various other stuff

Old December 20th 03, 04:05 AM
Dennis Wilson

Default Xmas in Burma and various other stuff

Well, since Dennis is away working until January 9th, I'm going to go
to Burma to visit him over the holidays. I'm leaving on Sunday and
plan to be back on the 30th.

This should be interesting since the town is teeny tiny and white
people are total novelties there. Dennis says he can't go anywhere
without a huge entourage of locals following him. It will be even
worse for me because not very many foreign women ever make it there.
They still use ox carts and there are only a few phone lines in the
whole town. In fact Dennis has been gone since November 27th and I
still haven't been able to talk to him on the phone because the calls
just don't go through.

Dennis sent me an email yesterday (the company has satellite internet,
thank goodness) telling me about this terrible event that he witnessed
yesterday. Seems that these military guards across the street were
caught slacking off on the job when the military morning inspection
happened. So they all had to get down on their hands and knees and
each military inspector guy whipped them on the butt 5 times with a
bamboo rod. Dennis said they were real tough because they didn't
start screaming until the very end. Sheesh! Sure makes me appreciate
the fact that I'm from a free country and not a place like Burma.

So my flight leaves Sunday night, but this morning I woke up totally
sick :-( I have the worst nausea and feel like I have to throw up but
can't. I sure hope I feel better by tomorrow because traveling while
sick would be terrible. I must have eaten some bad food, waaaaah!

Well, on a happier note, my friends who were here visiting in October
and November sent me a CD with all the pictures they took on it.
There's one funny one of me with a really cute purry kitty on my
shoulders. It was when we were in this little town called Pai, north
west of Chiang Mai. He was such a cutie, followed me everywhere and
demanded attention. You can see the picture at
http://tinyurl.com/2p7uw

Anyway, that's it for now. Gotta go lie down, feel too sick. Just
wanted to wish everyone a very happy holiday season and a Happy New
Year!
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old December 20th 03, 04:16 AM
Marina

"Dennis Wilson" wrote
snip

So my flight leaves Sunday night, but this morning I woke up totally
sick :-( I have the worst nausea and feel like I have to throw up but
can't. I sure hope I feel better by tomorrow because traveling while
sick would be terrible. I must have eaten some bad food, waaaaah!

Well, on a happier note, my friends who were here visiting in October
and November sent me a CD with all the pictures they took on it.
There's one funny one of me with a really cute purry kitty on my
shoulders.

What a cute cat! He/she/it wanted to come home with you! Purrs that you feel
better soon and have a wonderful time in Burma.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old December 20th 03, 06:54 AM
Yoj

Purrs for a quick recovery, a good flight, and a wonderful time with
Dennis.

--
Joy

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter (or Summer) Solstice,
Hogmanay and New Year! If that didn't cover it, Season's Greetings!

Old December 20th 03, 07:18 AM

Dennis Wilson wrote:

Well, since Dennis is away working until January 9th, I'm going to go
to Burma to visit him over the holidays.

For a minute there, I thought we were getting a contribution from
Dennis himself. (And after all this time, it suddenly occurred to me
what "badwilson" refers to - "Britta And Dennis" Wilson... duh.)

Seems that these military guards across the street were
caught slacking off on the job when the military morning inspection
happened. So they all had to get down on their hands and knees and
each military inspector guy whipped them on the butt 5 times with a
bamboo rod.

Ugh!! That is really creepy.

There's one funny one of me with a really cute purry kitty on my
shoulders. It was when we were in this little town called Pai, north
west of Chiang Mai. He was such a cutie, followed me everywhere and
demanded attention. You can see the picture at
http://tinyurl.com/2p7uw

Actually, it looks like you had a little girl kitty there - a little
tortie girl! Very pretty cat and a cute picture - you look happy to be
spending time with Dennis!

Hope you feel better by the time you have to travel. Flying while
nauseous is horrible.

Joyce
Old December 20th 03, 07:35 AM
Steve Touchstone

On 19 Dec 2003 22:05:17 -0600, Dennis Wilson
wrote:

[...]

Purrs coming for a good safe trip, that you'll be over the queasiness,
and of course that Vino won't miss you TOO much. Maybe if you let a
few more lizards inside for entertainment...
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old December 20th 03, 07:35 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 06:16:45 +0200, "Marina"
wrote:

"Dennis Wilson" wrote
snip

So my flight leaves Sunday night, but this morning I woke up totally
sick :-( I have the worst nausea and feel like I have to throw up but
can't. I sure hope I feel better by tomorrow because traveling while
sick would be terrible. I must have eaten some bad food, waaaaah!

Well, on a happier note, my friends who were here visiting in October
and November sent me a CD with all the pictures they took on it.
There's one funny one of me with a really cute purry kitty on my
shoulders.

What a cute cat! He/she/it wanted to come home with you! Purrs that you feel
better soon and have a wonderful time in Burma.

Aww, I forgot to mention the cute kitty...
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old December 20th 03, 07:45 AM
Marina

wrote

Actually, it looks like you had a little girl kitty there - a little
tortie girl!

I thought that must be a girl, too, but wasn't that sure of cats' genetics.

--
Marina
Old December 20th 03, 09:58 AM
Gizela

Heres to hoping that you get better and you have a fabulous holiday!!

What will Vino be upto while you are gone?

Purrs

Angela and Gizmo

Old December 20th 03, 07:00 PM
Annie Wxill

"Dennis Wilson" wrote in message
Well, since Dennis is away working until January 9th, I'm going to go
to Burma to visit him over the holidays. I'm leaving on Sunday and
plan to be back on the 30th.

.... --
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

What a sweet kitty on your shoulder.
Have a good trip to Burma.
(So, would the queasy tummy be morning sickness?)
Annie

Old December 20th 03, 11:50 PM
Yowie

"Dennis Wilson" wrote in message
Well, since Dennis is away working until January 9th, I'm going to go
to Burma to visit him over the holidays. I'm leaving on Sunday and
plan to be back on the 30th.

snip

So my flight leaves Sunday night, but this morning I woke up totally
sick :-( I have the worst nausea and feel like I have to throw up but
can't. I sure hope I feel better by tomorrow because traveling while
sick would be terrible. I must have eaten some bad food, waaaaah!

Hope its just a very quick bout of icky food fever, and that the rest of
your holiday is full of fun & energy.

Well, on a happier note, my friends who were here visiting in October
and November sent me a CD with all the pictures they took on it.
There's one funny one of me with a really cute purry kitty on my
shoulders. It was when we were in this little town called Pai, north
west of Chiang Mai. He was such a cutie, followed me everywhere and
demanded attention. You can see the picture at
http://tinyurl.com/2p7uw

Aww, what a cutie!

Happy Silly Season to you as well.

Yowie