Are china markers toxic?

Old June 22nd 05, 01:19 AM
Victor Martinez

Default Are china markers toxic?

Cuz Rufous just ate the tip off of one and was ready to eat the rest of
it, had I not intervened.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 22nd 05, 01:33 AM
Victor Martinez

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
Not sure what a "china marker" is - is it a permanent marker of some type,
used to write/draw on dinnerware - or is it some el-cheapo writing instument
bearing the label "Made in china"????

It's like a crayon, not sure if it's a permanent marker, it can probably
be washed off. It has a paper "sleeve" that you peel off with an
attached string... hold on, let me google them... here it is:
http://www.2spi.com/catalog/tools/smtol26.shtml

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 22nd 05, 01:35 AM
Shiral

I'd say, keep a watch on him, and if he exhibits any signs of distress,
haul him off to the Vet right away. I hope for his sake that it isn't.
You never know what will have cat appeal. I'm glad you got there before
he ate too much of it.

Melissa

Old June 22nd 05, 01:50 AM
Hopitus

Now that I see what you meant, am inclined to doubt it would be highly
toxic...its more like a harder crayon material, isn't it? I was very afraid
you were talking a
"Sharpie" - those colored marking pens that - if not toxic, sure smell like
they are! Hope the piece he ate passes right through his digestive system
w/o harm to Rufous!

oups.com...

Old June 22nd 05, 01:51 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Victor Martinez wrote:
Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
Not sure what a "china marker" is - is it a permanent marker of some
type, used to write/draw on dinnerware - or is it some el-cheapo
writing instument bearing the label "Made in china"????

It's like a crayon, not sure if it's a permanent marker, it can
probably be washed off. It has a paper "sleeve" that you peel off with an
attached string... hold on, let me google them... here it is:
http://www.2spi.com/catalog/tools/smtol26.shtml

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

Aha!!!! We used to gall these "grease pens" - used in schools to write on
transparancies on overhead projectors & the like. Dad used them at work
too - but not sure in what context he used them - Mom would find them in his
pockets. He was a civilian emploeey of the land-locked Naval base at Crane,
IN. Did electronics repair for communication equipment (radios, radar & the
like).

Anyway, I did a deeper Google search, seeing as how they're made by Sanford
now, and found
http://tinyurl.com/d9da7.

while there, there check for the "MSDS" Material Safety Data Sheet (it's in
..pdf format) & see if it has anything toxicity. What I found was that
they are non-toxic. Probably very similar in makeup to children's crayons,
just more 'pliable' (probably use more beeswax or something to make them
thatway)

Old June 23rd 05, 05:54 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-06-22, Magic Mood Jeep© penned:

Aha!!!! We used to gall these "grease pens" - used in schools to
write on transparancies on overhead projectors & the like. Dad used
them at work too - but not sure in what context he used them - Mom
would find them in his pockets. He was a civilian emploeey of the
land-locked Naval base at Crane, IN. Did electronics repair for
communication equipment (radios, radar & the like).

My dad had them all the time, too, and I have no idea what he used
them for! I thought they were great.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

China? Yowie Cat anecdotes 28 October 8th 04 02:14 AM
Cat Shipped from China Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 24 April 27th 04 01:14 AM
Cat Shipped From China Cat Protector Cat health & behaviour 4 April 17th 04 07:12 PM
Easter lillies toxic to cats Hopitus2 Cat anecdotes 7 April 10th 04 06:00 AM
China Confirms Case, Begins Civet Cat Cull Raul & Mini Cat health & behaviour 34 January 8th 04 05:08 PM