What have you done lately . . .

Old July 25th 09, 06:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

Default What have you done lately . . .

On Jul 24, 12:47*pm, "Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote:
*. . *to make your cat give you that look? *You know, that "Well, they're
obviously seriously insane, but they feed me" look? *That look that cats and
twelve-year-olds do so well? *That "Hey, watch your step, I could have you
committed," look?

Me first. *I was listening to "A Prairie Home Companion" last week, and (if
you know the show), in the "Guy Noir, Private Eye" sketch, Guy was being
hired by a woman with a lost cat. *The woman gave him specific instructions
on how he was to call the cat *(in a ridiculous, annoying soprano):
"Poooooooooookie! *PookiePookiePookiePookie!").

So of course, I immediately said to Dante, "OK, how would you like that?
Poooooooooookie! *PookiePookiePookiePookie!"

Dante looked like a martyr in an old painting. *

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever:http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

My BF, or "The BOY" as referred to by the cats loves to give them,
'over-snuggles' as I call it. You kinda need to see it.

Basically a cat, usually Mischief or Mayhem is just lounging around,
and the BF walks by and suddenly leans over, wraps both arms around
the cat, buries his face in their fur, and says, "Oh, i got the
KITTY!! I GOT THE KITTY!!! SNUGGLESNUGGLESNUGGLES!!
WHO'STHEPRETTYKIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTYCAAAAAAAT!!!!" Then he suddenly
releases them and walks away, "Okay I'm done with you now."

Mischief and Mayhem used to have the WTF look when he did that. Now
if their head is sticking out while receiving these snuggles I usually
see the "ohnonotagainHELPME!!" look.

Well, the BOY is in San Diego for Comic Con. I will be going down
tomorrow night after work to join him, since our show, Repo! The
Genetic Opera, will be having a panel and then a screening at a
theater nearby.

Anyways, he told me over the phone last night while we were exchanging
goodbyes to give the kitties "smooches and snuggles"

Sooooo last night I was lounging in bed/watching TV and Mischief
jumped up, kneaded one of the pillows, meowing and announcing her
GLORIOUS presence before flopping on her side.

I decided to try it. I gave Mischief a BIG HUG and did it like I've
seen my BF do it.

When I was done, Mischief's eyes were WIDE with a, "WTF do YOU think
you are doing, Meowmie?"

I told the BF, who said, "Duh, you're not doing it right."

hmph.....

Kristi
Old July 27th 09, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kreisleriana wrote:

...to make your cat give you that look? You know, that "Well,
they're obviously seriously insane, but they feed me" look?

I do very few things that do *not* cause my cats to give me that look.

But my favorite is singing a song to Licky while doing a little dance
at the same time. That gets some marvelous airplane ears out of him.
I'm not sure if he's thinking I'm insane, or that I'm about to do
something scary. Or maybe he just thinks I'm a really bad dancer.

--
Joyce ^..^