Cat just diagnosed with Feline Leukemia - info/resources requested

Old February 29th 04, 11:59 PM
Dave

Update - thanks for all the kind words and good advice. Our boy is back from
the vet after our vacation and seems to be doing fine except for not being
very interested in eating. He has always been little chow hound, so this is
a bad thing. We've tried everything for food, and (of the few things he
likes) he likes Tender Vittles of all things. But he's not eating enough.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Dave

Old March 1st 04, 01:51 AM
MacCandace

But he's not eating enough.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Dave

I have a kitty right now who isn't eating much but he's 18 and I'm afraid he is
getting close to his time. But...he takes cyrpoheptadine, which is an appetite
stimulant. and that generally works. Ask your vet. It doesn't have many side
effects but it does make my cat a little hyper so I don't really like to give
it to him but, when he's not eating, it's necessary. Also baby food works
sometimes (without onions) as does warming the food a little so the scent is
stronger.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)

Old March 1st 04, 04:17 PM
Karen

Is he interested in catnip at all? If so, maybe sprinkling a bit on his
food? Or getting an appetite stimulant from the vet might be an option? I'd
also opt to syringe a bit of a/d down him for extra calories.

Karen

Old March 2nd 04, 04:47 PM
Dave

The baby food seems to be working. Thanks!
Old March 2nd 04, 04:47 PM
Dave

The baby food seems to be working. Thanks!