SF Survey - OT

Old August 1st 04, 09:29 AM
Jeanette

Default SF Survey - OT

CatNipped wrote in message
om...
The "Cat Dreams" thread got me wondering about something I've
speculated a lot about in the past... Are most science fiction fans
cat lovers and vice versa.

I know there have been some very notable SF writers who were dedicated
cat slaves (Robert Heinlein - "The Cat Who Walked Through Walls" i.e.
"Pixel", Spider Robinson - in his "Callahan" stories, Heinlein's cat
who walked through walls, Pixel, lives with the main character).
There have even been whole SF anthologies just about cats.

How amny of you in rpc are also science fiction fans?

If this correlates, I then wonder why that is. Are we SF fans just
very weird people who love the, arguably, weirdest animals on the
planet? Is there something about loving cats that opens the mind to
other marvelous ideas?

What do you guys think?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Yeah, I'm a fan of science fiction, fantasy and horror stories. Mainstream
stories usually leave me cold, and feeling that I've just wasted several
hours of my life.

Jeanette

Old August 1st 04, 09:31 AM
Jeanette

Mary wrote in message
What do you guys think?

I love cats, I love sci-fi. I don't know why. A lot of writers like cats,

think because one can write with a cat around. With dogs you have to go

out and
walk them, play with them, interact more. Cats are happy just to sit near

you
while you write and type.

My cat is happy to sit on the keyboard, or run away with the mouse, or sit
so close to the monitor that I can't see it.

Jeanette

Old August 9th 04, 09:32 PM
CatNipped

Cheryl wrote in message ...
I can't let myself think that way. Lose a child (and I know some of
you here have) and you can't let yourself believe he isn't *in a
better place now*.

I don't like religeous discussions so I won't be in any more of
them but just wanted to put in my tiny two cents.

Oh Cheryl, I am SO sorry!!! I can't even imagine how I would bear the
loss of one of my children or grandchildren!

I don't for one second think that I am always right or have the best
answers to life's mysteries. What I posted was only speculation and
my "best take" on things.

I won't ever argue religion either because I KNOW I don't have all the
answers, only guesses.

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatMom to:
Bandit, (a.k.a. "Bitch Cat From Hell"), 14, DLH Tabby
Demi, (a.k.a. "Ghost Cat"), 5, DLH Pure White Beauty
Jessie, (a.k.a. "Jet Ski"), 4, DSH Tortoiseshell
Samantha / Sammy, (a.k.a. "Mini Me"), 4 months, DLH Tabby

http://www.gcmensa.org/Cats.html (Jessie, Demi, Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy/ (Sammy and Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy2/ (All my fur babies)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy3/ (Sammy and Jessie)