'Monster' Cat In China Weighs 33 Pounds

Old February 22nd 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default 'Monster' Cat In China Weighs 33 Pounds

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 01:50:27 GMT, "NMR"
wrote:

http://www.local6.com/news/7267453/d...202202006&ts=H

http://tinyurl.com/mql5m

The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers to eat
six pounds of chicken and pork each day.

Gee I wonder why he is a fat cat

Perhaps it is being fattened for market.

Old February 22nd 06, 08:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Helen Miles wrote:
"NMR" wrote in message
news
The cat's owner said it has no interest in eating fish but prefers
to eat six pounds of chicken and pork each day./////

Good grief! Mine are lucky if they eat 250g of food a day!! I feel
sorry for the poor cat. (

Helen M

Undoubtedly the cat doesn't know any better. Poor thing! Here I thought
Persia was wickedly fat at 16 lbs.!

Jill

Old February 22nd 06, 09:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Wow. I saw this kitty's pic yesterday for the first time. That owner needs
to consult a vet to help him safely bring that cat to a more appropriate
size and weight.

I realize I'm the one who started the "LOL! My cat-in-law is on
fatfelines.com" thread a few days ago, but if Saturn looked like THIS
kitty, I wouldn't be laughing. Saturn's got some extra girth, but that's
combined with being a physically large cat in all other dimensions, as
well: nose-to-tail, shoulder-to-paws, etc. He's got the biggest head and
paws I've ever seen on a cat, and they're proportionately sized to the
rest of his frame.

This poor kitty looks like he's got a decent-sized frame, too (judging
from the apparent length of his frame from his head down to his haunches,
looking at the picture). But his frame's nowhere near big enough to carry
33 lbs worth of weight, and the fact that he needs help getting up on the
bed is a major red flag that something's amiss. I realize that at 9 years
old, the kitty is starting to get on in years, but he should still be able
to manage going from floor to bed at this stage of his life.

He's such a pretty cat. What a lovely face! I hope his owner gets some
help managing the cat's weight and overall health, so he'll have nine good
long lives to look forward to.

Donna