photo's of Rush Limbaugh's cats

Old August 29th 03, 11:45 PM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Karen M." wrote in message
om...

Steve,
I have listened to his show. The man is rude, insulting, and spews out
so many lies it's repugnant. You want some debunking? Here you go:

http://www.bestofmaui.com/rush.html
http://www.fair.org/media-outlets/limbaugh.html
http://www.motherjones.com/mother_jones/MJ95/fair.html

Oh, and someone wrote a whole book about his "errors" -
http://www.evolvefish.com/fish/product1415.html

I've seen the sites but have not read the book, nor have I read Rush
Limbaugh's books. Of the sites, however, I don't find them to be terribly
convincing. Back to the "negotiation of knowledge" theory, if one looks at
the sites one sees a number of statements made by Rush Limbaugh that are
taken out of context. Without proper context, any statement can be given a
number of possible meanings, whether they be the intended meanings or not.

I don't doubt that much of what Mr. Limbaugh says is merely verbal diarrhea
but I do think it is important to listen to what he says. Many USA-ians I
have met (around the world, as well as in the US) have similar ideas to his.
This is unfortunate, but true. How can others offer rational argument
without knowing exactly what they are arguing against?

Regardless, his cats *were* beautiful! I wasn't going to look at the site,
because I had thought it was probably a troll-like link, but I pleasantly
surprised to find real cats! I thought he was a dog person, for some reason
:-).

rona

Old August 30th 03, 01:31 AM

Diane L. Schirf wrote:
Or Feminazi?

::: cough :::

(who thinks Limbaugh's about as funny as a hangnail during a dental
appointment)

Yep, that's one of my objections to him. BUt does it make it any more
right to make your own hyperbole calling him a facist?

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.
Old August 30th 03, 01:31 AM

Diane L. Schirf wrote:
Or Feminazi?

::: cough :::

(who thinks Limbaugh's about as funny as a hangnail during a dental
appointment)

Yep, that's one of my objections to him. BUt does it make it any more
right to make your own hyperbole calling him a facist?

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
|\ _,,,---,,_ Tigress
/,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ http://havoc.gtf.gatech.edu/tigress
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.
Old August 30th 03, 02:19 AM
MacCandace

Hmmm,
It's OK to call Mr. Limbaugh a fascist huh? I suspect you have never
listened to his show. He is without doubt one of the funniest guys on
radio, and you will certainly get a side of the daily news that you
won't hear anywhere else.

Well, gee, Steve, I'm kinda hurt being a longtime Hill's customer as I am.
However, yes, I have heard his show probably hundreds of times over the years.
I listen to conservative talk radio (what other kind is there?) here in Phoenix
just so I can know how the other side is thinking. I'll admit, he has some
nice little production numbers now and then, very slick, sometimes funny, but
sheesh, Rush worshippers with all their "mega-dittoes" are a bit much. Why
shouldn't the liberal left react to his show? That's all he blathers on about.
"Liberal" was not a dirty word until he made it so.

And why can't these conservative Republicans get over Clinton? He hasn't been
President for a couple years now and, yet, they can't seem to go for more than
a day without bringing him up and comparing him to their beloved Bush. It's,
oh, so boring and trite...not to mention, past history. Move on.

And, please, like he doesn't resort to name calling: "femi-nazis," for one. I
don't see why "fascist" is any more insulting. I've heard him plenty and the
way you guys all jump to his defense just cuz I made a little offhand remark
only shows how insecure you are in your beliefs. You need your Grand Master to
tell you what you think.

Factual error? Politics is a matter of choice. You're not right or wrong just
because you're a Republican or Democrat. I think the response to my little
offhand remark just proves that you on the Far Right have no sense of humor
whatsoever unless Rush tells you it's funny.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Old August 30th 03, 02:21 AM
MacCandace

Ok, I dno't like Rush Limbaugh, but I will agree calling him facist is
going overboard. It's like the people who use nazi to label anything they
don't like.

Well, and he does, Alice. "Femi-nazi" is his favorite term for any female who
tries to think for herself. Fascist, Nazi, what's the difference?

Old August 30th 03, 02:24 AM
MacCandace

Those are just a few. Maybe you should spend less time telling Ann
Martin to check her statements and spend a little more time checking
your own.

Karen

Most excellent, Karen. I wonder if Hill's doesn't want the money us liberals
spend on their food. I, for one, have spent thousands of dollars on Hill's for
the last 12 years when one of my cats started requiring prescription foods.