photo's of Rush Limbaugh's cats

Old August 30th 03, 02:24 AM
MacCandace

Those are just a few. Maybe you should spend less time telling Ann
Martin to check her statements and spend a little more time checking
your own.

Karen

Most excellent, Karen. I wonder if Hill's doesn't want the money us liberals
spend on their food. I, for one, have spent thousands of dollars on Hill's for
the last 12 years when one of my cats started requiring prescription foods.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace
Old August 30th 03, 02:27 AM
MacCandace

As for quoting anything from "mother jones" why don't you
just start quoting Karl Marx? I notice your sources are all leftist
organizations.

So, it's okay for your right-wingers to call us liberals "commies" but it's a
big Sin if I call your hero, Rush, a fascist? Don't take yourselves so
seriously. Cripe, it was an offhand remark.

Old August 30th 03, 02:28 AM
MacCandace

I thought he was a dog person, for some reason
:-).

rona

That was a good one, Rona.

Old August 30th 03, 03:30 AM
Steve Crane

(Karen M.) wrote in message . com...
(Steve Crane) wrote in message . com...
itter (MacCandace) wrote in message ...
Steve,
I have listened to his show. The man is rude, insulting, and spews out
so many lies it's repugnant. You want some debunking? Here you go:

http://www.bestofmaui.com/rush.html
http://www.fair.org/media-outlets/limbaugh.html
http://www.motherjones.com/mother_jones/MJ95/fair.html

Oh, and someone wrote a whole book about his "errors" -
http://www.evolvefish.com/fish/product1415.html

Those are just a few. Maybe you should spend less time telling Ann
Martin to check her statements and spend a little more time checking
your own.

Karen

Karen,
Back in the days when Rush had a TV show, he spent three days worth
of shows taking each of the claims of errors on his part that were
made about him, and playing actual radio spots that proved his
accusers were factually in error. Of course that is some years ago
but it cemented in my mind the length to which some will go to
discredit the man/woman when they can't discredit the idea.

Old August 30th 03, 03:14 PM

MacCandace wrote:
Ok, I dno't like Rush Limbaugh, but I will agree calling him facist is
going overboard. It's like the people who use nazi to label anything they
don't like.

Well, and he does, Alice. "Femi-nazi" is his favorite term for any female who
tries to think for herself. Fascist, Nazi, what's the difference?

See my reply to some one else. Yes, I know he does but that doesn't make
using the same tactics on him any better. If you are going to complain
about him doing something, then don't turn around and do the same thing!

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.
Old August 30th 03, 03:14 PM

MacCandace wrote:
Ok, I dno't like Rush Limbaugh, but I will agree calling him facist is
going overboard. It's like the people who use nazi to label anything they
don't like.

Well, and he does, Alice. "Femi-nazi" is his favorite term for any female who
tries to think for herself. Fascist, Nazi, what's the difference?

See my reply to some one else. Yes, I know he does but that doesn't make
using the same tactics on him any better. If you are going to complain
about him doing something, then don't turn around and do the same thing!

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
|\ _,,,---,,_ Tigress
/,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ http://havoc.gtf.gatech.edu/tigress
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.
Old August 30th 03, 08:01 PM
Roadside Artist

"MacCandace" wrote in message
| Hmmm,
| It's OK to call Mr. Limbaugh a fascist huh? I suspect you have never
| listened to his show. He is without doubt one of the funniest guys on
| radio, and you will certainly get a side of the daily news that you
| won't hear anywhere else.

I've heard Rush's show many times, and I wish people would stop being so
thin-skinned. Rush is a unique character. It wouldn't be fair to say that
you don't get this "side of the daily news" anywhere else, though. Hannity?
O'Reilly? Michael Savage? Ever hear of them? Fox News? Clear Channel? Don't
shortchange those who work hard to provide the same side of the news as
Rush. But I would agree that he is funnier than the guys I just mentioned.

The problem is that people think that calling someone a fascist Republican
is equivalent to a racial slur. But it is a technical term, and it is only
a slur if you think it is, and even then the insult is only in your own
mind. Yes, the poster may have meant it as an insult, but that doesn't mean
YOU have to take it as such!

Rush *is* a Republican, there's really no debate about that. Some people, I
suppose, think that calling someone a Republican is insulting. That doesn't
mean you have to take it that way. Even some Republican office holders seem
to believe that the label is negative, as you will notice that their
campaign ads don't mention their party affiliation. But it is neither good
nor bad except in your own mind. It's just a technical designation.

Rush is also a neoconservative, no debate there, either. What some people
don't realize is that "neoconservatism" is just the new name that has been
applied to fascism in recent years. I understand that many people have been
misinformed. Even some dictionaries, unfortunately, have taken the approach
of equating fascism with dictatorship, but this is not accurate from the
perspective of political science, and reflects a certain ideological leaning
of the authors. If you excise the "dictatorship" comments from the American
Heritage Dictionary definition, which is blatantly political, you have
"...merging of state and business leadership, together with belligerent
nationalism." There you start to see the common root.

According to Benito Mussolini, fascism is the "marriage of government and
corporate interests." (Benito Mussolini. Doctrine of Fascism - 1932).
Fascism puts emphasis on patriotism and military strength, and "is best
defined as a revolutionary form of nationalism, one which sets out to be a
political, social, and ethical revolution, wedding the 'people' into a
dynamic national community under new elites infused with new heroic
values....offering a cathartic national rebirth (that) can stem the tide of
decadence." (Roger Griffin. The Nature of Fascism - 1993).

Not quite so offended now?

If you check the *actual* beliefs and policies of fascism and
neoconservatism (as opposed to those written by opponents), you will see
that they are exactly the same thing. No difference, and no reason to be
offended. These words are neither good nor bad in and of themselves. It's
all in your point of view. They're just words.

If the poster had called Mr. Limbaugh a "neoconservative" (the new name) you
wouldn't have bothered with a reply but because they referred to Rush as a
fascist (the old name) you blew your top. Yet many Americans of the past
including Charles Lindbergh were ardent fascists and proud of it, and
millions today like to be called neoconservative.

Again, it isn't a slur or an insult unless *you* think it is a bad thing,
and obviously millions of Americans do not.

.....Oh yes, the kitties *are* cute. Most of the pictures are of the late
Bonnie. Alas, I know how it feels to lose a beloved cat. That part is very
sad. The pictures of Bonnie made me depressed, thinking about the loss of my
own cat. Hopefully she had a happy life.